Armani Discussion

bis

That's actually an YSL glossy stain- another little treat, since I'd never tried them before. Here's the new Armani 611 with Rose Popilla on my lids:  I find that the colour swatches very vampy, but looks a bit lighter/ redder on my lips. It's still pretty intense, but not as much as it first looks. From the photos I've seen, 610 seems to do this as well. The swatches look quite dark, but on the lips, it's a brighter purple. Formula and coverage is exactly what I've experienced with every RdA- fantastic.  I've been looking for a nice clear lilac shade for a while and this is it. I'm going to go back for Blue Beetle, which was the one I hesitated on. The Great Enabler loved it (more than the others), but I wanted to think about it more because I don't wear blues and teals as often- they tend to wash out my eyes. But the texture on these is so gorgeous that I want to grab them right away.  Interestingly, the MUA who I spoke to on Friday said that there's no guarantee that these are limited. Officially, they might be, but if the colours work, there's a good chance they'll become permanent. Same with the lipsticks. Only the palettes are guaranteed to be limited. It's certainly true that a few shades like 608 and 609 were released in a limited collection a couple of years back, but are still available (although not necessarily in stock at counters). I've even seen them restocked at NM's web site. I don't know if that means that they're permanent or just slow sellers.  For those of you in the US, Armani is having a contest for newsletter subscribers to win a 6-pack of the new lipsticks... Good luck to all!!
Ah, 611 looks lovely on you, I wish it would look like that on me. The 610 is not purple on me, just a very dark vampy colour, bummer. Love the stain on you too, big fan of those YSL stains, but also kinda vampy ;) I have the #1 and another one, where I conveniently forgot the number ;)

vaisforluvrs

Thanks ladies! Aside from Rose Popilla, I have Burberry Antique pink in the crease, Mac Dazzlelight as a highlight and Mac Satin Taupe in the outer corners. I like how the colours sort of blend into one another a little.

Here's another link to swatches of 410, 610 and 612. I have to say that 612 looked a lot different than that when I swatched it on my hand, so it's interesting the colour that she got from it.

http://lipstickboulevards.blogspot.ca/2013/08/lipstick-week-tag-giorgio-armani.html

After several hours of wearing 611 today, I am completely smitten with it. Seriously can't get enough of the Armani lippies!
Ooh, loving 410 and 612. I hope it looks like that on me :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Love the stain on you too, big fan of those YSL stains, but also kinda vampy
winks.gif
I have the #1 and another one, where I conveniently forgot the number
winks.gif
Lol. I'm wearing #1 (Violet Edition) in the "purple pic". I wouldn't be disappointed if it was a vampy shade, but how interesting that these seem to depend a lot on who's wearing them.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Happened across this as I was wandering through the internet and thought it would be of interest to Canadian Armani fans. Armani will be at The Bay- one store already in Toronto and more to follow in September:

http://www.perilouslypale.com/2013/08/giorgio-armani-and-shu-uemura-coming-to-the-bay-new-concept-stores-for-loreal-luxe-brands.html

They'll also have Shu Uemura. Both were previously exclusive to Holt Renfrew. I've never had a problem with the Holt's counters, but it is way more convenient for me to get to The Bay, I must say.

vaisforluvrs

Well, I received my Venomous Greens palette yesterday, and am wearing it today. I have to say, I kind of agree with Temptalia's review. The shadows don't blend very well, and it took a lot to get some decent color on my lids. I might give it another try, but if it still doesn't work, it's going back. This is the second Armani palette that I've tried (I returned that one), and I'm not too impressed. Very disappointed.

sarabeautime

Well, I received my Venomous Greens palette yesterday, and am wearing it today. I have to say, I kind of agree with Temptalia's review. The shadows don't blend very well, and it took a lot to get some decent color on my lids. I might give it another try, but if it still doesn't work, it's going back. This is the second Armani palette that I've tried (I returned that one), and I'm not too impressed. Very disappointed.
This is very interesting... For me they work wonders, do you use a primer? I always use Nars ProPrime...

katred

Specktra Bestie
Interesting. The shades looked OK to me when I swatched them, but, of course, I didn't try blending them or working with them on my lids.

What was the other palette you tried? I have one, which I adore, but I don't know if the quality is the same throughout.

vaisforluvrs

Interesting. The shades looked OK to me when I swatched them, but, of course, I didn't try blending them or working with them on my lids.
What was the other palette you tried? I have one, which I adore, but I don't know if the quality is the same throughout.
I bought the Bronzer palette. The shadows were ok, but dupeable. The bronzer had a crazy glittery overspray that I couldn't stand so I returned it. I'm going to scrub my brushes really good before I try this one again. I do like the blush, so I'm really trying to make it work.

mrslid

AGH! I wish I had money! I want these new ETK shadows so badly! They look amazing on you Kate!

katred

Specktra Bestie
AGH! I wish I had money! I want these new ETK shadows so badly! They look amazing on you Kate!
Hey stranger! Nice to see you here! Thanks for the tip on the increased distribution, by the way. The nice thing is that Armani LE's do tend to hang around for a while on line, if not on counters. I think that the shades would look beautiful on you and i hope you have the chance to grab them when you have more disposable makeup income.

mrslid

Hey stranger! Nice to see you here! Thanks for the tip on the increased distribution, by the way. The nice thing is that Armani LE's do tend to hang around for a while on line, if not on counters. I think that the shades would look beautiful on you and i hope you have the chance to grab them when you have more disposable makeup income.
I haven't purchased makeup in months! I mean lord know I do not NEED anymore makeup but it is killing me! Killing me!

Miss QQ

Swatches of 3 of the new Rouge Ecstasy. They look and sound wonderful!

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.sg/2013/08/giorgio-armani-beauty-rouge-ecstasy-my.html

katred

Specktra Bestie
Swatches of 3 of the new Rouge Ecstasy. They look and sound wonderful!

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.sg/2013/08/giorgio-armani-beauty-rouge-ecstasy-my.html
I'm quite smitten with Dolci. Seems like it would be a really beautiful shade year-round. Can't wait to try them out!

Icecaramellatte

I stopped at the Nordstrom counter yesterday. I tried the new Ecstasy lipsticks. Most had never been used. This is the second Armani display at this store that I found untouched. I may have to shop here more. The counter does seem hidden away. I tried most but not all. Just too many and I kept losing track of which ones I had tried. I haven't tried any Armani lipsticks so I can't compare them to anything. I like these though. I liked the glossy finish they gave off. But they didn't look sheer to me, at least swatched on my arm. I think I will get Amber first. It looks like a nice neutral everyday shade for me. But I really liked the two orange shades, Tangerine and Gio. But I need another orange lipstick like I need a hole in the head.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Swatches of almost all the shades...

http://www.theraeviewer.com/2013/08/giorgio-armani-rouge-ecstasy-cc_23.html

LiliV

My Gold Hercule came in today! I can't wait to wear it! I'm really glad I picked it up when I did because it's also sold out on the Nordstrom site now along with Rose Popillia. Has anyone else noticed that lately a lot of high end brands have actually been selling out of things a lot more? I feel like that never used to happen, most limited edition items would be around for a while and this year things have sold out 1 2 3 from Chanel, Guerlain, Armani etc. I only mention it because we all know about Mac instant sell outs so I feel like those only highlighted for me how long other brands have products available then this year it seems like it changed

Genn

My Gold Hercule came in today! I can't wait to wear it! I'm really glad I picked it up when I did because it's also sold out on the Nordstrom site now along with Rose Popillia. Has anyone else noticed that lately a lot of high end brands have actually been selling out of things a lot more? I feel like that never used to happen, most limited edition items would be around for a while and this year things have sold out 1 2 3 from Chanel, Guerlain, Armani etc. I only mention it because we all know about Mac instant sell outs so I feel like those only highlighted for me how long other brands have products available then this year it seems like it changed

It seems like they are putting out less stock. I was really annoyed when the Dior palettes sold out before I was expecting them to but I was able to get Bonne Etoile off the Macy's site yesterday. I bought #30 #32 and #33 already, but when I see they are sold out makes me feel like I should be in a rush to buy the others although I really don't need them.