Armani Discussion

MACina

I think I should stop cursing myself for giving this money and appreciate the "almost one coater" duo chromes. *big sigh*
icon_eek.gif
...OMG, that is insane
thud.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Those are tiny indeed. But you picked the most beautiful shades, sara. If you could post some swatches it would be super helpful.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Don't judge me please, here is my (unseen/stupid) haul...
What excites me about this is that you got a bunch of the shades that I was most interested in. I saw them today and although I didn't pick any up, some of them did look very pretty.

Of course, I did pick up two of the new Rouge Ecstasy lipsticks... Dolci and Attitude. I was super-tempted by a number of others, especially Mania, but I've already bought a couple of red plums lately. It's definitely on my longer term to-buy list. For those who can wear warmer shades, I really recommend both Amber and Brick. They're very original shades, sort of spiced peach/ browned apricot kind of colours. On a woman with softer and warmer colouring than me, I think they'd be stunning.

Oh and my counter finally got the other lipsticks from the Fall collection. I swatched 610 and while it is a stunningly beautiful purple, it is almost a dead ringer for #604, which I have. I can't really justify buying dupes no matter how much I love my RdAs...

sarabeautime

I am traveling tomorrow again but went to the counter and swatches all 18 shades on a nail wheel. Also picked up two more shades LOL, anyway, here is a first look I just posted, may help if you are ordering sight unseen: http://www.colormeloud.com/2013/09/giorgio-armani-nail-lacquer-swatches-of.html

katred

Specktra Bestie
After two days of wearing the Rouge Ecstasy formula... I am kind of blown away. This really is a different kind of lip product. It has the properties of a balm and a stain. The colour applies very evenly and stays, but it kind of looks like a stain, as if it's been absorbed into the lip as opposed to sitting on it. I seriously can't tell I'm wearing them after a few minutes and it does seem like my lips feel better at the end of the day. Here's a pic of me wearing #510- Dolci

MACina

After two days of wearing the Rouge Ecstasy formula... I am kind of blown away. This really is a different kind of lip product. It has the properties of a balm and a stain. The colour applies very evenly and stays, but it kind of looks like a stain, as if it's been absorbed into the lip as opposed to sitting on it. I seriously can't tell I'm wearing them after a few minutes and it does seem like my lips feel better at the end of the day. Here's a pic of me wearing #510- Dolci

Loveeee it on you, katred
eyelove.gif

And now, that I read how much you love the texture, I am so tempted to order one!

Miss QQ

I am traveling tomorrow again but went to the counter and swatches all 18 shades on a nail wheel. Also picked up two more shades LOL, anyway, here is a first look I just posted, may help if you are ordering sight unseen: http://www.colormeloud.com/2013/09/giorgio-armani-nail-lacquer-swatches-of.html
The bottles look adorable, and I like 702 and 704. So do they last longer? Personally I don't like the claim that it is more costly because it lasts longer, because how long a nail polish, of decent quality, lasts on the nails really depends a lot on your nails. katred - the colour is very pretty on you. I'm intrigued that you said your lips felt better at the end of the day, and it is both balm and stain like, which sounds like an oxymoron, but perfect!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm definitely sold on the Rouge Ecstasy formula. It's something truly different. One thing to note about the colour: there is plenty of pigment, but because it applies more like a stain, the colour on the lips can seem a bit muted compared to what it looks like swatched on skin. Also, I noticed that the shade "Orchid" was nearly invisible on my skin. It looked like a sheer pink opal, not at all like the bullet. Other than that, the shades are pretty true to what you see, as far as I can tell.

Miss QQ

It is! And I found this pic of the holiday powder, in red packaging, if you scroll right to the bottom of the post.

https://www.shesaidbeauty.com/glamournazi/blog/armani-rouge-ecstasy-lipstick-event-484326

I am searching for reviews and swatches of the Rouge Ecstasy lipsticks but I can't find many. I'm hoping to get someone help me buy 1 or 2 overseas in early October, because these are not launched at the only counter in my country yet, and I'm not sure when or whether they would be bringing them in. I know they are grouped into 3 groups, and I want something pink and something bold. So ladies, can you share your favourite pink from Eccentrico and one from Fatal?

katred

Specktra Bestie
It is! And I found this pic of the holiday powder, in red packaging, if you scroll right to the bottom of the post.

https://www.shesaidbeauty.com/glamournazi/blog/armani-rouge-ecstasy-lipstick-event-484326

I am searching for reviews and swatches of the Rouge Ecstasy lipsticks but I can't find many. I'm hoping to get someone help me buy 1 or 2 overseas in early October, because these are not launched at the only counter in my country yet, and I'm not sure when or whether they would be bringing them in. I know they are grouped into 3 groups, and I want something pink and something bold. So ladies, can you share your favourite pink from Eccentrico and one from Fatal?
jawdrop.gif
I managed to resist the palettes from the Fall collection (so far), but that one is... Well, I broke out the big jaw drop emoticon.

I am once again wearing my Attitude Rouge Ecstasy. It's really difficult for me not to just go out and buy another twelve of them. I was swatching them again this weekend and there's already a list that I want. I definitely need Diva, which is like a perfect "cherry popsicle stain" colour- bright but not intimidatingly so.

My counter doesn't have them grouped, but, MissQQ, if you're looking for pinks, Lotus and Peony are really lovely. Lotus is cooler while Peony is warmer. For something really natural, Daybreak is lovely as well.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
jawdrop.gif
I managed to resist the palettes from the Fall collection (so far), but that one is... Well, I broke out the big jaw drop emoticon.

I am once again wearing my Attitude Rouge Ecstasy. It's really difficult for me not to just go out and buy another twelve of them. I was swatching them again this weekend and there's already a list that I want. I definitely need Diva, which is like a perfect "cherry popsicle stain" colour- bright but not intimidatingly so.

My counter doesn't have them grouped, but, MissQQ, if you're looking for pinks, Lotus and Peony are really lovely. Lotus is cooler while Peony is warmer. For something really natural, Daybreak is lovely as well.
I second the
jawdrop.gif
. I have been taking it slower with blushes and highlighters this year, even though it's my biggest addiction. But this one looks like it will reel me back in. I can't wait for swatches, I'll probably have to add it to my collection.

I saw this lovely pic, apparently it's shade #203. Does anyone have that one or have swatches of it? I can't find any.

Monsy

i am trying to resist buying more blushes bronzers and highlighters but blush number 10 is calling my name