Authentics December 26th '07 (Macy's Exclusive) Discussion

noahlowryfan

Re: Authentics (Macy's Exclusive) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by almmaaa
Anyone know when this will be released??

12/26

lian_qiu

Anyone know if this will be released internationally like the Norstrom Exclusive Novel Twist? TIA

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by lian_qiu
Anyone know if this will be released internationally like the Norstrom Exclusive Novel Twist? TIA

all my book says is select international locations.

panther27

Yesssss finally they do not do too many Macy's exclusives.
clap.gif

Danapotter

This palette sounds awesome, but maybe it is just me, but when I tried out Blackberry at my counter, the texture was horrible. It felt like a Matte2, just with no color payoff. Unless it is just a messed up tester?

tresbien

It comes out on my birthday. That definatly gives me an excuse to get it. I'm hoping I will be able to go shopping that day or the day after. Do you think it will go quickly?

lemurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresbien
I really want to know what it looks like. and it's really cool that it comes with a brush..

I'd guess that it'll be similar to the Jet Black/Rock It/Peach palettes, mirrored with a large pan of blush and three rectangular e/s. I'm hoping that the outside isn't adorned with anything too hideous.. I love the plain/rhinestone packaging of the older palettes
smiles.gif

sdpfeiffy

My Macy's After Christmas sale flyer arrived today. I tore it open, hoping to see the palette but alas, no luck. Might be due to the fact that my macy's doesn't have a mac counter though.

I'm dying to see this palette.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpfeiffy
My Macy's After Christmas sale flyer arrived today. I tore it open, hoping to see the palette but alas, no luck. Might be due to the fact that my macy's doesn't have a mac counter though.

I'm dying to see this palette.

i don't think macys ever advertizes mac like nordstrom does.

btw, the release date for this collection has been moved up a week. it is now being released on dec. 19th. enjoy!

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i don't think macys ever advertizes mac like nordstrom does.

btw, the release date for this collection has been moved up a week. it is now being released on dec. 19th. enjoy!

thats awesome. i can go check this collection out before I head to school.

panther27

I saw the Authentics palette this past Sat.,and I thought it wasn't that great
thmbdn.gif
Looks like I will be passing up this one which sucks because I was really looking forward to this one.

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
I saw the Authentics palette this past Sat.,and I thought it wasn't that great
thmbdn.gif
Looks like I will be passing up this one which sucks because I was really looking forward to this one.

Can you tell us what the packaging looks like?

erine1881

so i asked my manager today about the launch date, and she said thurs the 20th, not wed the 19th. so i don't know which day it is for sure, just that it is releasing a week early. i'm sorry to let you down if you have to wait another day
ssad.gif
, but its better than waiting til the 26th, right?!

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
so i asked my manager today about the launch date, and she said thurs the 20th, not wed the 19th. so i don't know which day it is for sure, just that it is releasing a week early. i'm sorry to let you down if you have to wait another day
ssad.gif
, but its better than waiting til the 26th, right?!

Thanks for the update. Do you know what the packaging looks like? Can you tell us?
winkiss.gif

panther27

The packaging is just plain black and that's it,which really kinda sucks.I was expecting something cool looking but no such luck.

BunnyBunnyBunny

The packaging is a very thin square matte black compact. Inside is a large square of the blush, and three strips of eyeshadow, as well as a large mirror. At first glance it isn't that special. However, I swatched all four and the blush is gorgeous, and so are the two exclusive colors. Like someone already said, Blackberry is pretty blah.