Authentics December 26th '07 (Macy's Exclusive) Discussion

sdpfeiffy

Thanks Bunny
smiles.gif
Any idea when this will be available online? My macy's doesn't have a mac counter. I've been stalking the website and it seems as though they're doing page maintenance specifically with Mac. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll post Originals at the same time. This is gonna be quite a haul--my last for a while. :p

etooz

I called the Buffalo MAC counter, and THEY said the 24th. I'm like, "huh?" So, I guess I'll check on the 20th just to be sure.

soco210

hrm.... I wasn't too into this when I first heard about it now I HAVE to check it out. hopefully there isn't a snow storm on the 26th or something lol *my luck*!!! It def sounds pretty.
I went to a MAC counter the day Finery was released and the MUA had no idea that it was release day for it. She said they changed the dates on them 4 different times!! So I'm not surprised there is more confusion on the release dates for other collections.
Does anyone have any pics of swatches or of the palette itself??

Ms. Z

I got to see it yesterday, but could not test it. I don't like the color of the blush, but I really like the green e/s. I most likely will not buy it (maybe when I get to test it I will change my mind).
I took a picture (Actually I messed up and took a short video of it) but I am unable to load it to this site.

sdpfeiffy

Hmmm... What did you not like about the blush? I'll have to order this online so any description you can give would be great. Thanks!

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpfeiffy
Hmmm... What did you not like about the blush? I'll have to order this online so any description you can give would be great. Thanks!

It was a dark coral, not a very flattering color on me (I prefer shades of Peach-I'm). If I get a chance to look at it again, I'll try to compare it to another blush.

Response:The blush is very similar to Pinch Me. In my opinion the green e/s is a shimmery version of Velvet Moss.

FYI: It's already on sale at Macy's Herald Sq. NYC

Pictures here http://specktra.net/f217/mac-origina...ec-07-a-86388/

dreamqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
i was planning on getting it but after looking at the picture, i changed my mind.

Same here. It is waaay to warm toned for me.

Oh well, more money for the million other new products coming out all too soon!

jenntoz

I just noticed that the Authentics pallet is now also available at bloomingdales.com? I thought it was supposed to be a macys exclusive? Weird, right?
th_confused_new.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
I just noticed that the Authentics pallet is now also available at bloomingdales.com? I thought it was supposed to be a macys exclusive? Weird, right?
th_confused_new.gif

It is actually a federated stores exclusive. Federated owns Macy's and must own Bloomies as well.
winks.gif

Kitt3n

Yeah, I was not impressed with this pallet at all. The originals collection was a bit of a disappointment as well.

mochabean

Yes, just saw the palette at MACY's MAC counter and I too passed up on it. I liked the green shadow in it. But I wasn't crazy about the blush color and the other 2 e/s shades. So that's extra $$$ for me to save towards next years MAC collections coming out. Yay!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitt3n
Yeah, I was not impressed with this pallet at all. The originals collection was a bit of a disappointment as well.

Here here. The green shade looks like Velvet Moss, but Velvet Moss looks better. The champagne color was pretty, but nothing terribly unique. And well Blackberry is perm. I think the blush would be the only reason I would get the palette, but it wasn't that awesome either, and this is coming from a blush whore.

Danapotter

The palette was pretty, but I would have used the blush as an eyeshadow, which is a waste, the shimmery shade was exactly Naked Lunch, green was Velvet Moss (just with better texture) and the last shade was eh.

If I had extra money, I might get it, but I am happy I do not have money right now. It is a cute palette though!