Beauty Blender Sponge?

honeyjr

Love it, love it, love it
thmbup.gif

I've put away my foundation brushes. As close to an airbrushed finish as you can get.

Ikara

I haven't try it but I've seen a lot of pros raving about it on another forum
I am going to try it for sure!

MzzRach

I've got 2 of these and actually prefer applying my foundation with my MAC #187 or #109. Loads of people swear by these, though. It does apply liquids/creams very well, I just find the brush method works better for me.

Kiss and Makeup

Does the sponge absorb makeup like regular sponges do? I saw something similar to this at Target from Sonya Kashuk, and it looks like it would waste product. Just curious from those of you who have it and love it
smiles.gif

honeyjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss and Makeup
Does the sponge absorb makeup like regular sponges do? I saw something similar to this at Target from Sonya Kashuk, and it looks like it would waste product. Just curious from those of you who have it and love it
smiles.gif

I've never used any other sponge to apply foundation so I can't compare. I don't put a lot on so I don't feel that I use more product using the Beauty Blender. My gf, I have to say, told me she does use a little more product with the sponge than with a brush. She also says she has sponges she bought in Japan that are the same but for a lot cheaper.
It's also the shape of the sponge itself that I like and the fact that they tell you to dampen it first before applying. It makes a difference.

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I've got 2 of these and actually prefer applying my foundation with my MAC #187 or #109. Loads of people swear by these, though. It does apply liquids/creams very well, I just find the brush method works better for me.

Yeah, I think I'd prefer my 187 too. Don't have the sponge but it looks like a hassle

aiyahbee

I have this sponge and I like it a lot. I generally drench it in water prior, squeeze it out, and then put a few sprays of Fix+ on it prior to applying foundation.

Yes it eats up a little more product than a brush, but I like the finish it leaves. You do have to put in a little more effort to apply it, so it's not for those who have limited time. I save mine for night makeup and special occasions.

MAC_Pixie04

I've never tried the actual beauty blender, but i use Laura Mercier foundation sponges and really like them when I'm working with thicker textures, like Mat Velvet+ (MUFE) and Stila Natural Finish Oil-Free. I dampen the sponge first, it stops the sponge from absorbing other product, and also seems to dilute the foundation so I dont have to use as much.

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
Yeah, I think I'd prefer my 187 too. Don't have the sponge but it looks like a hassle

The Beauty Blender is so easy to clean everyday though. It actually isn't that much of a hassle. I love mine!

SpringDancer

I tried it about a year and a half ago - it did give an amazing airbrushed look. However, the price was ridiculously high (can't remember what it was - but way over the price in the States) and cleaning it did seem like a hassle at the time (however, at the time I used to apply my foundation with my fingers - and today I use a brush so I doubt it is very different). At the bottom line, can't see myself buying that.

nursee81

I def want to try it but it was sold out on the sephora website. I was at target today and they didn't have the sonia kashiuk there.

nursee81

Does anyone else know where I can get one sephora said it could be up to a month before they get a new shipment.

lizziebetha

I tried the sonia kashuk one. I like the look it gave me, I still need to experiment with different foundations. The sonia kashuk one doesn't puff up like the beauty blender, but its half the price.

stronqerx

I wanna try it out. I think I am going to purchase the sonia kashuk one, because it's cheaper and makeupbytiffanyd did say it was basically the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
Does anyone else know where I can get one sephora said it could be up to a month before they get a new shipment.

I got mine at a beauty store called Empire Beauty. I just went to the beauty blender website and looked up the retailers in my area that carried it.

nursee81

^ Thank you. I did the same thing and the closes one was about 45 mins away and they had jacked up the price for the single one with the cleaner it was $45. I bought off drugstore.com and got free shipping and a $5 credit for it being my first time so I got the double sponge and the cleaner for $35. I will let you guys know how I like it. I am really looking forward to it.

TheeBettyBoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
I def want to try it but it was sold out on the sephora website. I was at target today and they didn't have the sonia kashiuk there.

miss your second post