BEAUTY.COM Friends & Family Sale

babygirlLAH

I couldn't find the Pro Palette on the website. I really hate their setup. Their programmer did a lousy job of designating the search parameters. Things I'm looking for don't show up when they should. For instance I just searched eye shadows and the first item to show up is theBalm's Mary Lou-minizer.
I agree, the set up they have is pretty horrible. I hope you were able to find it tho. edit: yay just got my shipping notification. :)

MissTT

Been trying to checkout for the last 25 mins to no avail. Used 2 diff devices and it either wouldn't give me sale price, wouldn't go to cart, or wouldn't login me into my account on diff occasions. Not happy at all w/ their site. Their loss. At least I pricematched what I could with Nordstrom.

novocainedreams

beauty.com won't let u get the discount and use ebates at the same time...that pretty much sucks
No it should still work, there should be a link for the 20% off on the ebates.com website. There is on mrrebates.com and shopathome.com (all rebate sites) If you scroll down through their coupons there is one for the 20% off, I see it.

meka72

Been trying to checkout for the last 25 mins to no avail. Used 2 diff devices and it either wouldn't give me sale price, wouldn't go to cart, or wouldn't login me into my account on diff occasions. Not happy at all w/ their site. Their loss. At least I pricematched what I could with Nordstrom.
Nordstrom price matches???? Aww man! Although I bought items that I couldn't buy at Nordstrom, I would've been inclined to buy more at Nordstrom (at beauty.com sale price) just to increase my beauty rewards bank AND to get nordstrom notes.

MissTT

beauty.com won't let u get the discount and use ebates at the same time...that pretty much sucks
I was struggling w/ that last night too.
Nordstrom price matches???? Aww man! Although I bought items that I couldn't buy at Nordstrom, I would've been inclined to buy more at Nordstrom (at beauty.com sale price) just to increase my beauty rewards bank AND to get nordstrom notes.
Yes! Money toward Nordstrom Notes. That's how I shopped most of the sale last year too. Ok what is this beauty rewards bank???

meka72

MsTT, it is nordstrom's version of beauty insider at sephora http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/beauty-rewards-faq

Mayanas

I recommend buying samples first on her website, she has also sample packs of the skincare collections, which offer better value. One sample lasts about 6 uses.

My skin is sensitive with eczema, combination/normal, so I ended up liking just couple products:
Skin Balancing Oil-Reducing Cleanser - its pretty creamy, may be too creamy for oily skin
Earth Sourced Purely Natural Refreshing Toner - nice balance for combination skin, not too hydrating
Exfoliating 2% BHA Lotion - creamy, only bha/aha thing that wasnt tingling my face, you may want to go with the clear regular strength bha or the 2% bha liquid which is stronger; I think its effective for blackheads
RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer - nice balance for combination skin, sometimes doesnt hydrate enough, but you may find it great for oily skin
Skin Balancing Antioxidant Serum with Retinol - its nice, not too oily serum
RESIST Super Antioxidant Serum - I like this one but its too oily for oily skin, you may want to try the RESIST Ultra-Light Antioxidant Serum which I found not hydrating enough for me and was tingling my skin for some reason(same for RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator ultra-light moisturizer)

you may ant to try the Hydralight Healthy Skin Refreshing Toner, it was not hydrating enough for my skin, but will be great for oily skin

And the Clear line may be great, I have the regular strength benzoyl peroxide treatment and its great but drying for me to use often. And if I use BHA 2x a day its too drying as well.

I would suggest avoiding toners with silicones in them, because imo if you put silicone toner, then silicone serum, and then silicone moisturizer, it may be too much for the last step to absorb properly, and they are also too hydrating for oily skin =)

Quote: Originally Posted by meka72

I highly recommend the ABA & BHA face treatments. The 10% glycolic weekly resurfacing treatment is really good to. It really brightens your complexion. After adding those 3 products to my skincare routine, I constantly received compliments on my skin and I have acne prone skin. Just make sure you wear sunscreen, which I'm sure you do anyway.

HTH!

Thank you so much Ladies I have to try this

Kaori

Thank you so much Ladies I have to try this
Right now on her website, they have 25% off cleansers and toners, this weekend free LE liquid lipstick collection with code EDDLIPS when you purchase above 50$(and free shipping) and they just launched a referal program where current customers and new customers get 10$ off =) (here is my link for the 10$ off http://bit.ly/17baFJF ). It seems they have different kind of promotions all the time, so my guess is they will have something special for black friday as well. Last month they had free shipping on everything and 20% and 25% off some RESIST stuff. And all the time 3 free samples with purchase. Oh, and they had 15% off whole order last month as well for couple days. I suggest subscribing to her newsletter to receive info about deals ;)

Yes, I love good deals, so I keep stalking lol

Mayanas

Right now on her website, they have 25% off cleansers and toners, this weekend free LE liquid lipstick collection with code EDDLIPS when you purchase above 50$(and free shipping) and they just launched a referal program where current customers and new customers get 10$ off =) (here is my link for the 10$ off http://bit.ly/17baFJF ). It seems they have different kind of promotions all the time, so my guess is they will have something special for black friday as well. Last month they had free shipping on everything and 20% and 25% off some RESIST stuff. And all the time 3 free samples with purchase. Oh, and they had 15% off whole order last month as well for couple days. I suggest subscribing to her newsletter to receive info about deals ;)

Yes, I love good deals, so I keep stalking lol
Thank you so much for this
yahoo.gif

I cant pay with paypal right now , i dont know what happen I,ll try tomorrow
ohboy.gif

MissTT

MsTT, it is nordstrom's version of beauty insider at sephora http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/beauty-rewards-faq
Say what? Thanks so much for the info. I pretty much only buy beauty there so I'm peeved I've not received word of this from my SA. Eta: nvm I see I'm not eligible to join because only a few stores have it. I can think of a work around, but it irks me to have to jump a hoop. I've spent thousands this year.

meka72

MsTT, I wonder if you can join the program if you buy online or over the phone? I understand if you don't want to go that route if you already have an in store SA with whom you work.

MissTT

MsTT, I wonder if you can join the program if you buy online or over the phone? I understand if you don't want to go that route if you already have an in store SA with whom you work.
It looks like a phone order would do it from one of the listed stores, but I try to be loyal to my SA as she treats me very well. I've already reduced my spending w/ her to focus on Sephora so I can't think of a random item I would buy from someone else.

Kaori

Btw it seems the 20% is still valid, just got email which said "Valid Tuesday 11/5/2013 from 12:01am through Sunday 11/10/2013 11:59pm Pacific Time. "

MissTT

The LORAC Pro palette is OOS now so I've got no reason to shop there. I was traveling so put off making the purchase in favor of family time. Maybe I can score it from Kohl's. Or maybe I just don't need more makeup... LOL

meka72

The LORAC Pro palette is OOS now so I've got no reason to shop there. I was traveling so put off making the purchase in favor of family time. Maybe I can score it from Kohl's. Or maybe I just don't need more makeup... LOL
Not to enable you or anything but Ulta has a holiday version that's slightly cheaper and includes an eyeliner. http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5920336#reviews

MissTT

Enabled! But then I see the excluded from coupons notice. That's why I hate shopping with Ulta. I wonder why it's cheaper here? I feel like I can't buy this palette w/o a coupon now. I get weird sometimes. Let me know if you see a way to get a deal on it. I was wishing Nordstrom sold it, but I didn't see it on their website.