Ben Nye Makeup

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette
There is a store at Yonge and College that carries the line. I can't remember the name but it is on Yonge street just opposite Winners on the south-east side. There is also another store called Malabar, they have stores in Toronto and Ottawa. Check out their website at malabar.net.
Hope this helps.

Thanks girl, I'm headed there today after work. So excited I can actually buy these at the store and not online
smiles.gif

Stephy171

Ben Nye!!!!

Hey ladies i havent read much on here about ben nye makeup so i thought i'd start a thread..... i just recieved my 1 Ben Nye haul and let me tell you boy is it amazingg!!... I purchased the famous Lumiere palette
drools.gif
... to die for...the colors are amazingg. And i also got a dry cheek rouge in Flaming Red.. which i saw a guru use on youtube so i had to try it!! GORGEOUSSS

After looking around a few different places i purchased from bubbasclownsupplies.com... They had the palette for 49 bucks.... MAJOR STEALL!!! everywhere else was like 60... the flame red was 6.75 & shipping was 8.50
I recieved my package in 2 days!! shipping was superb!
when i saw all the videos on youtube i thought the shadows were bigger but they are slightly smaller.... still bigger than MAC thoughh.... now i put in another order for a few more colors!!!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU LADIES TO CHECK THIS OUT!!!

Here are a few pixx
Photo0027.jpg

FLASH

Photo0036.jpg

Photo0035.jpg

I DIDNT FIND A QUARTER SO HERE IS A NICKELL LOL
Photo0026.jpg

M.A.C. head.

Re: Ben Nye!!!!

Great haul. I only have a few things from BN but I love them very much.

I happen to have Flaming Red rouge. It's a fun color!

Stephy171

Re: Ben Nye!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
Great haul. I only have a few things from BN but I love them very much.

I happen to have Flaming Red rouge. It's a fun color!

Yes it an amazingg red... which i use on my eyes you know its always hard to find redss

deadSAVVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemakeupboy
i get mine at the local costume store.i'm sure you could order offline also

Hi! I noticed that you're in Pitt I am too. Would you mind telling me the name of the store? I'm only familiar with the Spotlight Costume store off Carson st.

I effing love Ben Nye!!!

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naijapretty
I have Ben Nye fireworks and 5 eyeshadows, all lumiere. They are amazing and really comparable to MAC. I bought them online from store called Your Theatrical Superstore for Animal Costumes, Mascots, Santa Claus Suits, Santa Suits, Fog Machines, Pyro, Pyrotechnics, Confetti Launchers and more... - Fun-Shop.com because I don't have any theatrical stores near where I live.
I have a free coupon I can give to new customers there (no, I don't work for them, I buy from them regularly and they send coupons) and I have no one to give them to.

its FGSNC08 for free shipping for your first order over $30. HTH

This coupon still works. Thanks!!!
th_DANCE.gif

Sanayhs

This is going to seem a little random, but can someone tell me the diameter of the Ben Nye refill shadow pans? Thanks!

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
This is going to seem a little random, but can someone tell me the diameter of the Ben Nye refill shadow pans? Thanks!

I couldn't find exactly what you are looking and mine haven't arrived so I can't measure them. They fit into a 36mm case and here is the link to the catalog http://www.bennye.com/image/2007_BNC_Catalog.pdf

fafinette21

Quote:
Originally Posted by naijapretty
I have Ben Nye fireworks and 5 eyeshadows, all lumiere. They are amazing and really comparable to MAC. I bought them online from store called Your Theatrical Superstore for Animal Costumes, Mascots, Santa Claus Suits, Santa Suits, Fog Machines, Pyro, Pyrotechnics, Confetti Launchers and more... - Fun-Shop.com because I don't have any theatrical stores near where I live.
I have a free coupon I can give to new customers there (no, I don't work for them, I buy from them regularly and they send coupons) and I have no one to give them to.

its FGSNC08 for free shipping for your first order over $30. HTH

That is a great site they have every single Lumiere colour as well as in palette refill form, but their international shipping is RIDICULOUS. I was going to buy 3 lumiere refills from there and they estimated shipping at $43 for shipping to CANADA. Come on. That's DOUBLE what the price of my actual order was. Your coupon still works but it doesn't apply to international orders
ssad.gif

I found this site: theatricalmakeup.org it seems to have a very wide range, if not the full line, of Ben Nye. Also they calculated my shipping at $6.50...but I emailed to double check because that seems very cheap lol Has anyone else used this website or heard of it?

user79

I buy mine now from ebay, from the seller funhousetheatrical, they're an official retailer. Most of these online sites charge ridiculous amounts of intl. shipping, I found the prices from this ebay seller a bit higher for the product but the shipping is cheap.

fafinette21

Yea I'm not ordering from theatricalmakeup.org. I sent them an email Sunday night and they have yet to get back to me. If I'm ordering something, I'd like a prompt reply. I went and ordered from stagesupply.com just because I didn't want to get charged an arm and a leg for shipping and it was one of the only websites that had what I was looking for. I'm hoping I have a better experience than Julia did. Maybe it was just a one-off? That's what I am hoping anyway.

EDIT: Checked out funhouseinternational...estimated shipping $4.86 :|....wonder if it is too late to cancel my order with stagesupply.....

MrsRjizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Do NOT buy at stagesupply.com

My order has been pending for over a MONTH!

I'm looking around for another good place to buy now...

I feel so bad! I am so lucky I guess casue there are alot of places near me that carry Ben Nye that I can just pick it up... I dont have to worry about the online stuff. Store! Please send Julia her stuff... we are patiently waiting on new tutorials!
smiles.gif

MrsRjizzle

Re: ben nye palette vs. loose powder shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
I have the loose powder eyeshadows (lumiere luxe) by ben nye and was wondering if the palette shadows were the same colors as the loose powders since they have the same names. All the shops here that sell the shadows only have the loose kind. I don't want to buy the palette if they are the same colors since i have so much of the powders left.

imo, they are exactly the same. same colors same payoff as far as lumiere colors go. I bought the powders and I pressed them just like you would Mac pigments. They work perfectly and are just as pigmented. Now they just fit in my palette's with my mac shadows!

Dreamergirl3

I ordered my BN items from stagesupply.com and everything went fine. Shipping was longer than I expected, but only by a few days.

I really love the Banana powder!!

baby11

Ben Nye Conceal All Wheel NK1

Has anyone got this?
How do you use all four colours?
Is it good for fair/pale skin?
Does it have good coverage?
Does it last all day?
Easy to blend?

I want to use it for my dark under eye circles, redness around my nose and blemishes. At the moment I am using Amazing Cosmetics concealer but find I need something more and I also find it fades through the day.

Thanks

user79

Re: Ben Nye Conceal All Wheel NK1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby11
Has anyone got this?
How do you use all four colours?
Is it good for fair/pale skin?
Does it have good coverage?
Does it last all day?
Easy to blend?

I want to use it for my dark under eye circles, redness around my nose and blemishes. At the moment I am using Amazing Cosmetics concealer but find I need something more and I also find it fades through the day.

Thanks

I have one of the wheels but the one that has 6 shades - or is it 5? It's the one with the round on in the middle and the other shades around it. Forgot the actual name of it.

Anyway it works great, it really covers heavily though so you may have to sheer it down a bit if you want light to medium coverage. I use a bit of eyecream on the brush then dip into the concealer if I want a light coverage. You use the different shades for color correcting or contouring. Really great bargain and I'm very happy with this product - does a fantastic job of covering redness and undereye circles. They are very thick so you have to blend them out with either your finger or a sponge. I really think it's a great product. You can even use them for covering tattoos or heavy discoloration. They are sort of similar to MAC's Studio Finish concealer but they last longer on me and cover more, and are more suitable to color correcting, which is perfect! I like it more than Studio Finish and it's cheaper too.

The one I have has some orange-peach shade and a green shade in it which is perfect for redness or blue undereye circles. Better than just using one color concealer for the whole face because usually spots or blemishes are different colors on your skin, so you use the different shades for correcting.

This is the one I use:
sk200.jpg