Ben Nye Makeup

Twinkle_Twinkle

I placed a big Ben Nye order recently (posted about it in my blog) and I am so pleased with the products. I can't wait to try a few more of the blushes, a cream blush, and final seal.

ETA: aziajs, what is going on in your avatar?

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I placed a big Ben Nye order recently (posted about it in my blog) and I am so pleased with the products. I can't wait to try a few more of the blushes, a cream blush, and final seal.

ETA: aziajs, what is going on in your avatar?

Girl, that is Ross Ritalin the #1 male Barbie in Scotland.

Hot Slut Of The Week: Scotland's #1 Male Barbie | Dlisted

aziajs

Quote:
LMAO!!! LMAO!!! I love it! Where do you find this stuff, I mean really.

My father asks me that all the time.
smiles.gif

aziajs

Quote:
LMAO!!! LMAO!!! I love it! Where do you find this stuff, I mean really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
lol thanks i was wondering about that picture, too

He is too much for me. First he looked like the lost Scottish member of Run DMC. Then, he put on that cowboy hat and the daisy dukes! I was through when he was on the dance floor in those little shorts and they had to censor out his crotch. Go ROSS!

kathyp

I live close to a costume shop, so I've had access to Ben Nye for a while now. I bought a color wheel once, but rarely used it. Personally, I don't like anything that heavy on my face and it is theatrical makeup. There's an uber-pale foundation called "geisha" that's gotten some raves on MUA if you've having trouble finding a shade light enough and need full coverage.

kathyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyp
I live close to a costume shop, so I've had access to Ben Nye for a while now. I bought a color wheel once, but rarely used it. Personally, I don't like anything that heavy on my face and it is theatrical makeup. There's an uber-pale foundation called "geisha" that's gotten some raves on MUA if you've having trouble finding a shade light enough and need full coverage.

I caved and picked up Pixie Pink eyeshadow/blush on the way home the other day. It's a close cousin to Pink Swoon but more pigmented and more matte:

3932961868_25ee451849.jpg

I wanted Azalea, but it's so bright I'm not sure I'd have a use for it.

myktbaby

Hello all,

I ordered my Ben Nye from Theatrical Makeup Supplies
They are cheaper and has a great line of Ben Nye products. You also get free shipping if you order $100+
smiles.gif
Their shipping might be a little slow (but not unreasonable).

They made a little mistake on my order, so I emailed them and they fix it right away! So I highly recommend them

Hope this helps
smiles.gif

4aca93258ed06.jpg

Kragey

Ben Nye is amazing. Perfect quality, and while it seems like you're not getting a lot, a little goes a long way.

I love their Clown White cream make-up, especially. I like to use it under my eye shadow because it's such a pure white; it really makes my eyeshadow pop!

I got it at a costume store when I was visiting IUP...in fact, I spent almost $50 there and I kept apologizing to my friends for taking so long; it was a little embarrassing, LOL! If worse comes to worse and you can't buy it in a costume shop, check out a reliable Ben Nye seller on eBay. It's more expensive, but it's worth it!

user79

I have 3 or 4 of their powder blushes and I love them. Just get the lighter colors for pale skin, they look very natural and are very pigmented.

j4lyphe

Hey what's a good matte setting powder for NW45 skintone? Ive been hearing good things about Ben Nye and since I have oily skin I wanted to give one a try...

JustDivine

^^I just bought the Banana Face Powder....I tried the Neutral Set but was worried it would come off ashy...and the Ebony which looked like deep dark in the jar actually turned muddy on me...very dark brown. I'm NW45. The Banana has got great reviews and blends seamlessly with skin, plus its so cheap!

j4lyphe

Thanks JustDivine, I was wondering about the Neutral set being ashy (My MAC prep & prime powder can sometimes look too white) and the darker colours too like Ebony adding too much colour and making me look darker/cakey. So... Banana Powder it is (I thought it would be too yellow for our skintone but if u say its worth it and its so cheap i will give it a try)

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4lyphe
Thanks JustDivine, I was wondering about the Neutral set being ashy (My MAC prep & prime powder can sometimes look too white) and the darker colours too like Ebony adding too much colour and making me look darker/cakey. So... Banana Powder it is (I thought it would be too yellow for our skintone but if u say its worth it and its so cheap i will give it a try)

I haven't had any problems with the Neutral Set being ash (I'm NW45) and it also has anti-shine/anti-persperiant properties that the Banana Powder doesn't have.