BPAL (Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab) discussion

revinn

Re: Any other BPAL fans on the board?

If you're ordering imps, go to the part of the site that says imp's ears, select either, "purchase single imp" or "purchase six," then you'll be taken to a part of the site where you enter your choices. Then just click checkout! If you're ordering bottles, you should just be able to click, "buy 5 ml" under the scent description. I hope that helps, I'm in Canada so I have to order through paypal, so I've never ordered straight off the site.

miss sha

Definitely check out the Bpal forum if you want imps. I remember when I was first checking out Bpal, there were a few people selling 10-20 lots of imps for like $20ish or something like that. People decant from their bottles all the time, or sell off imps that they didn't like. The forums a great place to start.
greengrin.gif

I've been MIA from Bpal-land for a couple of years now, but I just scored a bottle of Strawberry Moon '09 from someone on the forum. *fistpump!* I had this huuuuge list of scents I wanted to try from combing through the entire site--now I have to do it again because of all the new products. XD

revinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss sha
Definitely check out the Bpal forum if you want imps. I remember when I was first checking out Bpal, there were a few people selling 10-20 lots of imps for like $20ish or something like that. People decant from their bottles all the time, or sell off imps that they didn't like. The forums a great place to start.
greengrin.gif

I've been MIA from Bpal-land for a couple of years now, but I just scored a bottle of Strawberry Moon '09 from someone on the forum. *fistpump!* I had this huuuuge list of scents I wanted to try from combing through the entire site--now I have to do it again because of all the new products. XD

Agreed! That's where I got alllll my first imps, from an awesome member who sent along a ton of frimps as well.

Isn't Strawberry Moon awwwwesome?

miss sha

Haha, I don't know yet! I've never gotten a whiff of it and my bottle is still in the mail--it just sounded so delicious, I had to have it!

I think I bought imps direct from the site once, then bought two big lots off of the forums. The woman who sent them to me was really sweet--I'd told her that I was a Bpal newbie, and she sent me a handwritten letter, some extra imps, some cosmetics samples, an adorable little charm because I'm an English major. Really sweet!
smiles.gif

eta: Just got my bottle of Strawberry Moon and proceeded to spill a quarter of the bottle ALL over my vanity! I'm so mad at myself ARGH!

MAChostage

Has anyone smelled the differences between Strawberry Moon '05 and Strawberry Moon '09? I wonder how different they are.

I am absolutely KICKING myself for missing this year's release!
cry.gif

revinn

Apparently (I haven't smelled the first one, but I read reviews and people on the forum discussed it), 05 was a lot more of a sweet, sugary, strawberries and cream scent, while 09 is real fresh strawberries, with a hint of grass and dandelions.

miss sha

Oooh, from the sounds of that, now I want Strawberry Moon '05 too. I love sugary scents--Eat Me is loooove!

MAChostage

I just bought two of the latest Limited Edition bottles! I bought June Gloom 2009 (Bright summer flowers, fresh herbs, and a bit of citrus rind dampened by the scent of morning mist and rain) and Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel (Raspberry, lime, blueberry, tangerine, lemon, juniper, and white grape[SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2]). Can't wait to get them!
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

revinn

I got Pinwheel as well! My parents bought me that and Plastic Pink Flamingo for my birthday. My brother got me a bottle of Antique Lace, and I ordered myself imps of Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener and Coyote. I'm a happy camper!

Today, I got the imps that I ordered from a forumite of Midway, Midnight on the Midway, I Fell in Love With a Floating Brain and Love's Philosophy. Soooo goooood.

MAChostage

Ok, I received my June Gloom 2009 and Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel and I am loving them both! Revinn, have you received your Pinwheel yet? What do you think of it? I am surprised at how much I'm enjoying the Lab's fruity, candy-like fragrances.
yes.gif

On an unrelated note, as much as I appreciate receiving free imps with my orders, if I get one more imp of Silk Road I'm gonna scream!

DixieHellcat

(peeks in) Hi yall, sorry I've been awol from Spec, RL is nuts. I got Strawberry Moon 09 & really like it! I'm not big on fruity scents, but the green notes in it balance out the sweetness. Pondering Lawn Gnome also...

makeba

who would yall rec to buy imps from that you personally have and trust. i want to get imps of
dorian
zephyr
tamora
lionesse and hymn to proserpine and defututa

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieHellcat
(peeks in) Hi yall, sorry I've been awol from Spec, RL is nuts. I got Strawberry Moon 09 & really like it! I'm not big on fruity scents, but the green notes in it balance out the sweetness. Pondering Lawn Gnome also...

Hey DixieHellcat! As you've probably seen earlier in this thread, I am so upset that I missed Strawberry Moon '09. I saw an '05 version of it on eBay, but they're supposedly different, and the '09 one is the one I really would like to get my hands on. Lawn Gnome, huh? Gotta go check out that description. Sounds like a green scent, and I like those!

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba
who would yall rec to buy imps from that you personally have and trust. i want to get imps of
dorian
zephyr
tamora
lionesse and hymn to proserpine and defututa

I've never purchased imps from an individual, wish I could answer that for you. So you're not interested in just getting them directly from the Lab? You've got 6 listed, that's a set!

makeba

i am interested in getting them from the lab but just wanted to explore some sale items.
smiles.gif
i didnt see all the ones i wanted from the recs so i am gonna get them from the lab. i believe i read the processing could be 14 plus days so me being the impatient girl i am i thought i would explore a sale. well, good things come to those who wait, so wait i will.
smiles.gif

it would be nice to see yours and revinn bpal fragrance collections!!!!

MAChostage

^^ I will make that happen for you! I may not be able to do it tonight, but by tomorrow evening for sure.
yes.gif

revinn

I'll def take some pics and post 'em as soon as my birthday order comes in! Which should be any day now, as my birthday is July 1st.. And I'd def love to see MACHostage's collection!

I didn't get my Pinwheel yet, but I've noticed in reviews that it smells boozy..which is scaring me. MACHostage, do you find that that's the case?

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by revinn
I didn't get my Pinwheel yet, but I've noticed in reviews that it smells boozy..which is scaring me. MACHostage, do you find that that's the case?

I don't think it smells boozy at all! Fruity, with a slight hint of something metallic, but no booze to my nose. I'm enjoying it. I really hope you like it but if you don't, holla at me.
winks.gif