BPAL (Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab) discussion

makeba

a 100 bottles. wow double eek!! I love scents too. the ones you named sound interesting. I just went to their site to check on some goodies and I guess they are having database issues or something becuz it wld only allow me to do search but not read about it.

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba
I am a big amber fan. Is it sweet or more on the pungent side?

It's more sweet.

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividdreamer

Rosy Maple Moth : anyone who loves fruity/candy/sweet scents NEEDS this. It is utterly gorgeous, and perfect for summer. It has lemon blossom, huckleberry, sweat pea, vanilla rose, acai berry, and candy floss--it's like a brighter, happier version of Pink Sugar meets Pink Phoenix with a bit of tang from citrus mixed in. FAB!! I need at least two more bottles, lol!

Thanks so much for this info! I'm horrible about keeping up with the Limited Edition releases! I'm going to order a bottle of this now!

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividdreamer
Rosy Maple Moth : anyone who loves fruity/candy/sweet scents NEEDS this. It is utterly gorgeous, and perfect for summer. It has lemon blossom, huckleberry, sweat pea, vanilla rose, acai berry, and candy floss--it's like a brighter, happier version of Pink Sugar meets Pink Phoenix with a bit of tang from citrus mixed in. FAB!! I need at least two more bottles, lol!

Ooh, I got my Rosy Maple Moth and I LOVE it! Thanks so much for the suggestion. I also received Frimps of Grand Guignol and Morgause. Grand Guignol interests me!

vikitty

Rosy Maple Moth is awesome! I also love Paper Kite, because I love coconut. <3 The other 'flies and moths I tried were only OK.

kaliraksha

Oooh Rosy Maple Moth sounds right up my alley. Anyone have any suggestions for something a little more musty, exotic and maybe even floral?

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Oooh Rosy Maple Moth sounds right up my alley. Anyone have any suggestions for something a little more musty, exotic and maybe even floral?

Kaliraksha, are you new to BPAL? Musty and exotic *is* their essence, IMO!
choochoo.gif
I have to think on the floral addition for a minute, though. But I'll bet there are a ton of things you'd love!

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikitty
Honestly, I think it smells a lot like Pink Sugar, so maybe the new Pink Sugar Sensual?

That's a good one. Makeba mentioned "booze" as a note in one of her earlier posts about another scent, and I smell "booze" in RMM.
yes.gif

Lapis

Ladies can someone please help me, I received some samples of bpal the sender is not a bpal lover and had recieved these from a friend and passed them on, all she could tell me is that it was from an honey collection and another limited edition collection, I go on the site I see that there's a honey line that no longer will be made as of the 26th, so help I need to understand this site so I can order before then

kabuki_KILLER

I just visited their Dark Delicacies shop last tuesday, the full moon. Thank god they're in LA! I tried so many of them. A lot of them smell "eh" at first and way too potent, but after a while, many smell really good!

I ended up getting "Torture Queen" from the Carnival Diabolique collection and imps of Zombi and Nocturne. I think I like Zombi better. Now I regret all the bottles of designer perfumes I own. XD

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
Ladies can someone please help me, I received some samples of bpal the sender is not a bpal lover and had recieved these from a friend and passed them on, all she could tell me is that it was from an honey collection and another limited edition collection, I go on the site I see that there's a honey line that no longer will be made as of the 26th, so help I need to understand this site so I can order before then

Okay, I am a recovering BPALaholic. Lapis, to find the names of the perfumes and get reviews of them, go to the site and go to the forum tab. Once in the forums, go to the reviews. Unless you create a forum profile, it probably will not let you search, you will have to go through the LE (Limited Editions) reviews to find the names of your imps (samples). Or, create a forum profile, and use the search function.

If you are looking at the main BPAL website, it will not find discontinued scents--you will have to look on the forums, but they have exhaustive reviews of every scent ever made and even some that were never officially released.

revinn

From the Yules, I recently received the Soldier (amazing sweet red musk and leather), Winter-Time (sweet mint with a hint of pine), Gingerbread Poppet (a re-promote, and self-explanatory), and FINALLY Snow White (sweet, fresh, musky...something. Beautiful).

I also ordered another bottle of my all-time fave, Dorian. With all the oils being discontinued lately, I don't want to risk it.

MAChostage

The Soldier, please expound on that one! Does it smell masculine at all, with that leather note? Snow White sounds pretty. Does the site have a list of discontinued oils? I didn't know they were discontinuing some!

revinn

They've had some issues with components becoming unavailable, so general catalogue scents have been discontined abruptly for the last few months. Not sure if there's a list available, but a few of my favorites have been discontinued as well :(

I don't find it masculine at all. My skin amps sweetness, so that might be something to consider, but I get mostly red musk, creamy sweetness, and a hint of leather. Black pepper is listed as a note, but I don't smell any (thankfully. It turns to rubber on my skin).

ElvenEyes

I am so happy to find others who love BPal! I have been a fan for about 3 years now and love their warmer scents, especially from the Alice line. Favourites of mine are:

A Mouses Sad and Long Tail
Alice
Victoria
Klara
Antique Lace
Eclipse
Velvet
Lyonesse
Vasalissa
Seance
Prague
Morocco

I have about 40 BPals in my collection to use up before I place another order!!

MAChostage

Welcome to the thread and thanks for the info! I haven't tried any of those you mentioned but I will. I do have The DoDo from the Alice line, and I hate it! It is not what I expected at all.

ElvenEyes

I mostly like warm scents, oriental or the ones they have that include honey, vanilla or something that makes you want to eat them as much as wear them!