Chanel Collection Reflets d'Été de Chanel - Summer 2014

Sylvia60

These shadows are nice even with the coloured mascaras and I think the orange one may add an extra touch to the look
Every eye shape has its own realm of possibilities.
I've given the coloured mascaras a miss- black is what I'm comfortable with.
Even so, I love reading about folks trying these options.

MissTania

I just tried Giddy this past week! LOL! Great minds think alike!
graucho.gif
So sorry that they cancelled your order! At least it's been made permanent so hopefully you can get your hands on it in the future. It's nice---I am probably going to B2M for it at some point.

Haven't you used that forwarding shipping company for awhile now? Strange that they would cancel your order---I hope that it's a blip and that you can continue to order from Nordstrom. I guess a low buy isn't the end of the world, but there is no comparison for prices in the USA vs Australia. I really hope you can continue to order that way in order to save money---although it does enable you to buy more lol!
whistle.gif

I still haven't decided about DG---haha! I bought a couple to give to friends / my niece / hairdresser etc. Haven't decided if I will keep one for myself. It did look pretty good on, and if I'm wearing black or grey or white, it probably would be gorgeous. Hmmmm.....have to think about it! Haha!

You must be getting crazy excited for Moody Blooms! I have totally started to think that Peremonal will be better on me than Fossy.
icon_eek.gif
Funny how that happens. I have been wearing Bobby Brown neon pink a lot lately and I do think that fushcia shades are perhaps better on me. Will definitely check out fossy because I love it in the tube, but perhaps I will try it on first. I am also super excited for Black Ivy considering fluidline is my HG staple. Cannot wait for this collection! Then I am going on a major hiatus for awhile. My wallet needs a serious break hahaha! Hope that you can get everything you want from Moody Blooms!
pompom.gif

Do you think you will end up getting Aphrodite's Shell? My girfriend who is fair like you bought something like 5! A bit crazy perhaps, but it is the first bronzer she has come across that is perfect on her for summer. She LOVES it!

Hope that you have a great weekend! Let me know how the Moody Bloom haul goes!
friends.gif
I ended up buying Giddy on the weekend- it reminds me abit of Venus Lustre - quite a natural look. I probably could have lived without it lol.

I wish it were a blip, but they have confirmed it several times. It apparently does not apply to all brands though (but they have no written policy and I would have to ask every time I order).

It's probably for the best, I have a really crazy collection and the US ordering definitely enabled big purchases. I'm just grateful I expanded my collection with some great hauls like Playland and the 5 Pinkfringes I got from Proenza lol.
girlhaha.gif

I hope you keep DG- it looks quite unique..but at the same time, might not get used regularly.

My Moody Blooms excitement has died down since the Nordstrom incident lol. When it's released here, I might just get Pherry and Fossy. I am hoping Fossy has more pink in it than Full Speed. I will call Macy's eventually and see if they will ship to the forwarder- it would have to be a phone order unlike Nordstrom where I was able to order online. My wallet needs a break too- I hope you are able to get everything you want.

I love fuschia shades- I have so many different variations- I feel like they just illuminate your complexion. That's why I went so crazy for Pleasurefruit (I gave one away to a good friend so now I have 4 unused backs ups left and 2 on the go).

I went to Melbourne for the weekend and picked up Aphrodite's Shell - the last one left at the counter- it was so nice to get something in that gorgeous packaging. It's actually my first bronzer ever- I can see why your friend got 5 (that's some awesome hauling!)- it swatches so beautifully and is not too dark. Thanks for recommending it.

Hope you have a lovely week
friends.gif

lipstickaddict

I ended up buying Giddy on the weekend- it reminds me abit of Venus Lustre - quite a natural look. I probably could have lived without it lol.

I wish it were a blip, but they have confirmed it several times. It apparently does not apply to all brands though (but they have no written policy and I would have to ask every time I order).

It's probably for the best, I have a really crazy collection and the US ordering definitely enabled big purchases. I'm just grateful I expanded my collection with some great hauls like Playland and the 5 Pinkfringes I got from Proenza lol.
girlhaha.gif

I hope you keep DG- it looks quite unique..but at the same time, might not get used regularly.

My Moody Blooms excitement has died down since the Nordstrom incident lol. When it's released here, I might just get Pherry and Fossy. I am hoping Fossy has more pink in it than Full Speed. I will call Macy's eventually and see if they will ship to the forwarder- it would have to be a phone order unlike Nordstrom where I was able to order online. My wallet needs a break too- I hope you are able to get everything you want.

I love fuschia shades- I have so many different variations- I feel like they just illuminate your complexion. That's why I went so crazy for Pleasurefruit (I gave one away to a good friend so now I have 4 unused backs ups left and 2 on the go).

I went to Melbourne for the weekend and picked up Aphrodite's Shell - the last one left at the counter- it was so nice to get something in that gorgeous packaging. It's actually my first bronzer ever- I can see why your friend got 5 (that's some awesome hauling!)- it swatches so beautifully and is not too dark. Thanks for recommending it.

Hope you have a lovely week
friends.gif
So glad that you picked up AS! It is a beautiful bronzer and so perfect for fair complexions! Am sure it is lovely on you!
heart.gif

That is really too bad about the shipping policy---but it is great that you can look on the brighter side and you have a ton of gorgeous lippies in your stash! I guess it may be a blessing in disguise---at least for your bank account lol! And you got 5 pinkfringes! Wow! You are totally set!
girlhaha.gif

I just had to write and tell you that I picked up Pherry and Fossy today---so exciting! And I am very happy to report that they are different than pleasurefruit! Fossy is probably the closest in brightness of color, and it is SO beautiful! I haven't compared it to full speed yet--will do that tomorrow, but I think it is pinker, and the formula is better. They are both absolutely gorgeous shades and you are going to LOVE them! Personally, and I was a bit surprised, but I think that they are both unique---at least on my lips. Amazing really. And Pherry is very wearable in my opinion (not as bright) but it is such a beautiful fuchsia! You are going to be very happy with both of them I think. Okay, I will do a much more detailed review of them tomorrow. Just wanted to touch base and tell you that they are fantastic!
cheerleader.gif

urbis

Just to keep this place in topic ...I'm really enjoing my summer goodies, reflects d'ete prooved a fine , easy wearable collection. I'm particularly loving the glosses , esp. Happy and Glaze, they are so easy going but still add a personal touch to make up

MissTania

So glad that you picked up AS! It is a beautiful bronzer and so perfect for fair complexions! Am sure it is lovely on you!
heart.gif

That is really too bad about the shipping policy---but it is great that you can look on the brighter side and you have a ton of gorgeous lippies in your stash! I guess it may be a blessing in disguise---at least for your bank account lol! And you got 5 pinkfringes! Wow! You are totally set!
girlhaha.gif

I just had to write and tell you that I picked up Pherry and Fossy today---so exciting! And I am very happy to report that they are different than pleasurefruit! Fossy is probably the closest in brightness of color, and it is SO beautiful! I haven't compared it to full speed yet--will do that tomorrow, but I think it is pinker, and the formula is better. They are both absolutely gorgeous shades and you are going to LOVE them! Personally, and I was a bit surprised, but I think that they are both unique---at least on my lips. Amazing really. And Pherry is very wearable in my opinion (not as bright) but it is such a beautiful fuchsia! You are going to be very happy with both of them I think. Okay, I will do a much more detailed review of them tomorrow. Just wanted to touch base and tell you that they are fantastic!
cheerleader.gif
I am definitely treating it as a blessing in disguise and reconnecting with my massive stash. I just pulled out Chanel RAV $37 L'Exuberante the other day, I hope you have this already, it's a wonderful fuschia and I love the finish.
pretty.gif

Thanks for your thoughts on Fossy and Pherry - I thought Fossy might look abit like Love Beam from the Huggables which wasn't pink enough for my liking (I skipped that whole collection). I'm pretty sure I will love Pherry though. Glad to hear they are working for you
pompom.gif

lipstickaddict

I am definitely treating it as a blessing in disguise and reconnecting with my massive stash. I just pulled out Chanel RAV $37 L'Exuberante the other day, I hope you have this already, it's a wonderful fuschia and I love the finish.
pretty.gif

Thanks for your thoughts on Fossy and Pherry - I thought Fossy might look abit like Love Beam from the Huggables which wasn't pink enough for my liking (I skipped that whole collection). I'm pretty sure I will love Pherry though. Glad to hear they are working for you
pompom.gif
Good call on Love Beam!
heart.gif
I had totally forgotten about that one---and I have it LOL! I did a swatch, and it is practically identical to Fossy other than the formula of course. If anything, it is just a slight bit pinker, lighter than Fossy, but VERY similar, and hard to tell the difference really (I am NC30 or a bit darker now). I also compared Fossy to Full Speed and interestingly enough, Fossy is definitely darker with more blue pink in it than Full Speed. Full Speed is much more coral / orange by comparison. For sure you will love Pherry, but perhaps give Fossy a swipe too when you go in store. It might be pinker than you were expecting! I actually am really loving it and it does remind me of our beloved pleasurefruit!

Thanks for the heads up on the Chanel lippy! I don't think I have this one---will definitely have to check it out!
girlhaha.gif

If the huggables ever make a come back and they bring back feeling amorous, you definitely should pick that one up. It is an amazing fuschia and I really love the formula!

It's great that you are going to get good use of your stash! I am trying to go on a no makeup buy for July in order to save some money and get more use out of all the new goodies I bought this spring! Need a serious break from all of the craziness with Mac collections too. There isn't a lot I am wanting in the fall until the Matte collection in October, probably just a couple of things until then, so hopefully my wallet will get a break!

Hope you are having a great weekend!
friends.gif

Pippilotta

Reflets d'Ete FINALLY arrived in my country (no, I don't live on the moon). I bought the nailpolish, Eastern Light. Looking forward to try it on.

MissTania

Good call on Love Beam!
heart.gif
I had totally forgotten about that one---and I have it LOL! I did a swatch, and it is practically identical to Fossy other than the formula of course. If anything, it is just a slight bit pinker, lighter than Fossy, but VERY similar, and hard to tell the difference really (I am NC30 or a bit darker now). I also compared Fossy to Full Speed and interestingly enough, Fossy is definitely darker with more blue pink in it than Full Speed. Full Speed is much more coral / orange by comparison. For sure you will love Pherry, but perhaps give Fossy a swipe too when you go in store. It might be pinker than you were expecting! I actually am really loving it and it does remind me of our beloved pleasurefruit!

Thanks for the heads up on the Chanel lippy! I don't think I have this one---will definitely have to check it out!
girlhaha.gif

If the huggables ever make a come back and they bring back feeling amorous, you definitely should pick that one up. It is an amazing fuschia and I really love the formula!

It's great that you are going to get good use of your stash! I am trying to go on a no makeup buy for July in order to save some money and get more use out of all the new goodies I bought this spring! Need a serious break from all of the craziness with Mac collections too. There isn't a lot I am wanting in the fall until the Matte collection in October, probably just a couple of things until then, so hopefully my wallet will get a break!

Hope you are having a great weekend!
friends.gif
I found a swatch of Fossy here:

http://swatchandreview.com/mac-cosmetics-moody-blooms-sheen-supreme-lipstick-in-phosphorescent-and-moody-bloom/

I think I will like it! Thanks for the comparisons, as for Full Speed- I prefer more pink so Fossy is looking promising.

If you don't have the RAV #37- I am sure you will get it very soon lol- it's gorgeous.
eyelove.gif

I was very close to getting Feeling Amorous...if they come back, I think I'll pick it up as I am intrigued by the finish. Seriously, I must have at least 40 different fuschias (excluding back ups)...so I had to say no to the Huggables at that time.

I'm loving using my stash- I just get distracted by the newest stuff and have all these awesome shades (which are often nicer) sitting around neglected. I think it's time to pull out Force of Love, one of our beloveds!

Good luck with your no buy July - I am just low buying, I went back to this one store here that sells Make up Forever today and bought a lippie from them (my second only from them). I also think I want the new Chanel blush in Innocence. The Mattes and A Novel Romance are collections I'm looking forward to, and I hope to low buy for the rest of the year generally.

friends.gif
Have a great weekend!