Chanel Collection Reflets d'Été de Chanel - Summer 2014

urbis

I used Mirage with NARS' Baalbek to make an eye for work. Simple but fabulous and it stayed in place for 8 hours.
Mirage is a good everyday eyeshadow but utopia is lovely as well. I ' m using it with ambre dore eyeliner to enhance the summer feeling

Sylvia60

It's a cool rather than warm brown and I love it for using as an outer lid colour.
Mesopotamia's matte elegance is a perfect foil to both Utopia and Epatant's beauty.

Here's one take on Mesopotamia
http://www.missnattysbeautydiary.com/2013/10/nars-mesopotamia-eye-paint-review.html

Again, I find it a perfect foil for the IdO's I have.

By the way, I'm most impressed by the staying power of the IdOs- 12 hours with no visible fading!

urbis

It's a cool rather than warm brown and I love it for using as an outer lid colour. Mesopotamia's matte elegance is a perfect foil to both Utopia and Epatant's beauty. Here's one take on Mesopotamia http://www.missnattysbeautydiary.com/2013/10/nars-mesopotamia-eye-paint-review.html Again, I find it a perfect foil for the IdO's I have. By the way, I'm most impressed by the staying power of the IdOs- 12 hours with no visible fading!
Wow, it looks super pigmented, very intense coffee colour, very good pair. I like idos too, they make my eyes pop

Sylvia60

Super pigmented is right!
It smudges a treat, too, to create as subtle or bold a smoky eye as you want.

Did I mention how happy I am with the formula of Mirage and Utopia?
With my ageing eyelids I'm conscious that a lot of products which look lovely in the pot give me a flakey or patchy or scaley look after about an hour.
They can make me look as though I'm an incompletely transformed reptilian. I name no names, but I'm looking at you, MAC Paint Pots!

urbis

Super pigmented is right! It smudges a treat, too, to create as subtle or bold a smoky eye as you want. Did I mention how happy I am with the formula of Mirage and Utopia? With my ageing eyelids I'm conscious that a lot of products which look lovely in the pot give me a flakey or patchy or scaley look after about an hour. They can make me look as though I'm an incompletely transformed reptilian. I name no names, but I'm looking at you, MAC Paint Pots!
No reptilian allowed, here we are classy chanel ladies! Seriously I thought all Mac products werw uber gorgeous (I don't use Mac, because there are no shops of this brand near me) .... Love the idos, it's a fine product

lipstickaddict

I have worn Sweet Lilac and then finally Pink Tonic- love them all, Sweet Lilac is more unique though! I hope you had a chance to start wearing them?

I had a feeling Sunny Seoul would be right for you, so happy you are enjoying it!
friends.gif
pompom.gif

Toying Around is lovely, but for me the liner was crucial. I hope you can doctor it to your tastes!

I do like Sweet Experience, haven't worn it a great deal, but I am very happy with it- I'll show it some more love. I really want to back up Playland lippies again lol- they are so awesome. I tried HGL last night, and it's such a beautiful hot pink.I always reach for RB, but tomorrow I'm going to wear HGL.

I'm glad AA worked for you, and yes it's full on at the moment with these awesome collections! I'm glad you got those gorgeous AA shadows, even if I can't hoard them it's nice to know others are enjoying them.

As for the Osbournes...I was shocked to see it online not long after it launched- I almost had a chance to get both blushes but they sold out whilst in my cart, and all the lippies were gone at that stage except for Riot House. Thank you for your offer! I am just going to wait until it comes out here in August and maybe just get one or 2 KYY lippies and a blush. I am hoping for a restock on Nordies, but I won't hold my breath (even if it happens, it'll no doubt sell out in minutes). I hope you can snag a back up of cheeky bugger!
pretty.gif

I think Dodgy Girl looks pretty and unique, but I know I wouldn't like it for myself. Like you, I'm not big on the purples. I'd look insane lol. But yes it does look nice on lots of our compadres here!

Temptalia has just put up previews for Moody Blooms- I only like Pheromonal (a lot!) so far. Phosphorescent (Fossy lol) didn't wow me in her swatch, but I need to see more swatches to be sure.

I should be able to inspect Pedro in person on Friday, I'll report back to you if I think it's worthy!
th_happy1.gif

You're welcome re: the link- I know I'll eventually get another MUFE lippie
th_thstars.gif
Happy to report that I am finally wearing TF nail polish!
heart.gif
This week I was determined to make the time to paint my toes and I LOVE it!
eyelove.gif
It is such a gorgeous coral shade and I am so happy that it is permanent! Next I will try Sweet Lilac. I actually tried on Dodgy Girl in the Mac store this week for fun, it wasn't bad actually and I thought about how good it would look with Sweet Lilac on my fingers! Such a gorgeous nail polish. I told the Mac makeup artist that she should get it---haha!

From reading the Osbourne thread, it seems like the Nordstrom release was absolutely crazy, and a lot of girls were unable to get what they wanted, or their orders were cancelled. I'm SO sorry that you weren't able to get your goodies! I truly wish that shipping was cheap and I would totally send them to you! It was no problem for me to get what I wanted in store---there was no line up (I WAS the line lol). I was first in the door and a couple other people came in soon after, but there was no problem. You should definitely get Cheeky Bugger if you can, and KYY. Both are just awesome. I really love this collection, although my bank account doesn't haha!

Did you see Karen's swatches of Fossy? Great abbreviation by the way lol! Here is the link http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/mac-moody-blooms-sheen-supreme-lipstick/ I am really excited for it, in addition to Pheremonal.
love.gif
It will be interesting to see how both of them look on the lips though.

Did you check out Pedro in person? Was anything amazing? I totally missed out on that collection but that's okay considering I need to make some cutbacks somewhere! LOL

Hope that you are having a great weekend!
girlhaha.gif

urbis

When I called chanel.com they pretty much said the color was digitally enhanced but some here have paired Sunny with Orange Intense lip liner. I also like it with coral liners.
I can't believe, chanel do admit the use of the digital trick!!!!

Sylvia60

No reptilian allowed, here we are classy chanel ladies! Seriously I thought all Mac products werw uber gorgeous (I don't use Mac, because there are no shops of this brand near me) .... Love the idos, it's a fine product
peace2.gif

Yes, Mac ARE uber gorgeous, but I get allergic reactions to many of the eye products and reptilian issue is a true deal-breaker.
Never mind- it means I can save up for idos when they crop up in new collections.

I have two of the three idos from the summer collection- New Moon will have to wait til my next paycheck.
Then there's that Rose de Vent...

MissTania

Happy to report that I am finally wearing TF nail polish!
heart.gif
This week I was determined to make the time to paint my toes and I LOVE it!
eyelove.gif
It is such a gorgeous coral shade and I am so happy that it is permanent! Next I will try Sweet Lilac. I actually tried on Dodgy Girl in the Mac store this week for fun, it wasn't bad actually and I thought about how good it would look with Sweet Lilac on my fingers! Such a gorgeous nail polish. I told the Mac makeup artist that she should get it---haha!

From reading the Osbourne thread, it seems like the Nordstrom release was absolutely crazy, and a lot of girls were unable to get what they wanted, or their orders were cancelled. I'm SO sorry that you weren't able to get your goodies! I truly wish that shipping was cheap and I would totally send them to you! It was no problem for me to get what I wanted in store---there was no line up (I WAS the line lol). I was first in the door and a couple other people came in soon after, but there was no problem. You should definitely get Cheeky Bugger if you can, and KYY. Both are just awesome. I really love this collection, although my bank account doesn't haha!

Did you see Karen's swatches of Fossy? Great abbreviation by the way lol! Here is the link http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/mac-moody-blooms-sheen-supreme-lipstick/ I am really excited for it, in addition to Pheremonal.
love.gif
It will be interesting to see how both of them look on the lips though.

Did you check out Pedro in person? Was anything amazing? I totally missed out on that collection but that's okay considering I need to make some cutbacks somewhere! LOL

Hope that you are having a great weekend!
girlhaha.gif
Nice, I can't wait to use TF for a pedi. Will you keep DG? It looks like a fun colour. Lol at recommending to the MAC MUA
girlhaha.gif

As for the Osbournes, I am ok with it - I will just get KYY and a blush maybe and call it a day- I was told it's out in August here. I love it when you're the only person in "line"- that's what happened when I went in for Iris Apfel!! I wish shipping was better too, thanks for thinking of me! Actually, a few days ago I tried to do an order on Nordstrom for Giddy (it's a gorgeous, slightly frosty pink) and Lip Blossom from Mac We're Back but it was cancelled and I was advised on live chat they are not permitted to send MAC to the forwarding company I use.
icon_eek.gif
I have a good friend in the US, so if I am desperate I can send to her and make arrangements but I am just going to have to go on a low buy from now on. I might be able to do phone orders on Macy's but I am expecting to have the same issue. I'll try an order (of epic proportions) when Moody Blooms comes out, if that fails it's back to being discerning and not hoarding (too many) back ups
icon_eek.gif

Lol, it had to become Fossy- no way I'm typing that every time. Karen's swatches look better, I notice pinks are way pinker on her than me though, but I don't think T applied it very heavily- I think it will be really nice! Phery looks gorgeous too - reminds me a little of Pleasurefruit.

Pedro did not wow me - I think you made a good decision to skip. True Red lippie was nice, very close to Lady Danger but I can do without. Ruby was nice but kind of dull- I feel like I have seen that kind of red many a time and have enough like it. The lighter part of the blush barely appeared on my hand.

I also saw AA- you are so right about Aphrodite's Shell- I don't own a bronzer and I thought it was quite nice. I'm considering it.
pretty.gif

Oh, and I checked out the Illamasqua new velvet glosses today- the pink is so pretty! I think I'll grab it tomorrow.

Hope you're having a nice week and enjoying all your goodies!
flower.gif

Sylvia60

It's lovely isn't it? :)
Yes!
Perhaps a mite over the top, but it's surprisingly easy to pull off.

Quote: Originally Posted by urbis

I bought it today, how are you enjoing it?
Ps are you Spanish?
I'm enjoying it very much indeed. I simply adore the formula and being able to create a foiled look in seconds is great. The little brush that accompanies the IdO is perfect for my usage of this product.
I use it in the inner edges of the mobile lid, with a cool brown shadow (NARS' Mesopotamia, for example) smudged onto the outer lid and a medium brown blended into the crease and a bit over the crease as well. with hooded eyes, I need that extra help. *
Eyeliner and mascara and I'm set for 8 to 12 hours.

I'm not Spanish, but I work in Madrid.

* I find Mesopotamia works a treat with all three IdOs from the summer collection.
What are others using with New Moon?

urbis

Yes! Perhaps a mite over the top, but it's surprisingly easy to pull off. I'm enjoying it very much indeed. I simply adore the formula and being able to create a foiled look in seconds is great. The little brush that accompanies the IdO is perfect for my usage of this product. I use it in the inner edges of the mobile lid, with a cool brown shadow (NARS' Mesopotamia, for example) smudged onto the outer lid and a medium brown blended into the crease and a bit over the crease as well. with hooded eyes, I need that extra help. * Eyeliner and mascara and I'm set for 8 to 12 hours. I'm not Spanish, but I work in Madrid. * I find Mesopotamia works a treat with all three IdOs from the summer collection. What are others using with New Moon?
I got new moon today so it's early days ... Today I blended with mirage using as an eyeliner and insisting on the outer ending of the lid. I finished the look with a touch of utopia in the space between the lid and the brow. Really a lovely formula!

lipstickaddict

Nice, I can't wait to use TF for a pedi. Will you keep DG? It looks like a fun colour. Lol at recommending to the MAC MUA
girlhaha.gif

As for the Osbournes, I am ok with it - I will just get KYY and a blush maybe and call it a day- I was told it's out in August here. I love it when you're the only person in "line"- that's what happened when I went in for Iris Apfel!! I wish shipping was better too, thanks for thinking of me! Actually, a few days ago I tried to do an order on Nordstrom for Giddy (it's a gorgeous, slightly frosty pink) and Lip Blossom from Mac We're Back but it was cancelled and I was advised on live chat they are not permitted to send MAC to the forwarding company I use.
icon_eek.gif
I have a good friend in the US, so if I am desperate I can send to her and make arrangements but I am just going to have to go on a low buy from now on. I might be able to do phone orders on Macy's but I am expecting to have the same issue. I'll try an order (of epic proportions) when Moody Blooms comes out, if that fails it's back to being discerning and not hoarding (too many) back ups
icon_eek.gif

Lol, it had to become Fossy- no way I'm typing that every time. Karen's swatches look better, I notice pinks are way pinker on her than me though, but I don't think T applied it very heavily- I think it will be really nice! Phery looks gorgeous too - reminds me a little of Pleasurefruit.

Pedro did not wow me - I think you made a good decision to skip. True Red lippie was nice, very close to Lady Danger but I can do without. Ruby was nice but kind of dull- I feel like I have seen that kind of red many a time and have enough like it. The lighter part of the blush barely appeared on my hand.

I also saw AA- you are so right about Aphrodite's Shell- I don't own a bronzer and I thought it was quite nice. I'm considering it.
pretty.gif

Oh, and I checked out the Illamasqua new velvet glosses today- the pink is so pretty! I think I'll grab it tomorrow.

Hope you're having a nice week and enjoying all your goodies!
flower.gif
I just tried Giddy this past week! LOL! Great minds think alike!
graucho.gif
So sorry that they cancelled your order! At least it's been made permanent so hopefully you can get your hands on it in the future. It's nice---I am probably going to B2M for it at some point.

Haven't you used that forwarding shipping company for awhile now? Strange that they would cancel your order---I hope that it's a blip and that you can continue to order from Nordstrom. I guess a low buy isn't the end of the world, but there is no comparison for prices in the USA vs Australia. I really hope you can continue to order that way in order to save money---although it does enable you to buy more lol!
whistle.gif

I still haven't decided about DG---haha! I bought a couple to give to friends / my niece / hairdresser etc. Haven't decided if I will keep one for myself. It did look pretty good on, and if I'm wearing black or grey or white, it probably would be gorgeous. Hmmmm.....have to think about it! Haha!

You must be getting crazy excited for Moody Blooms! I have totally started to think that Peremonal will be better on me than Fossy.
icon_eek.gif
Funny how that happens. I have been wearing Bobby Brown neon pink a lot lately and I do think that fushcia shades are perhaps better on me. Will definitely check out fossy because I love it in the tube, but perhaps I will try it on first. I am also super excited for Black Ivy considering fluidline is my HG staple. Cannot wait for this collection! Then I am going on a major hiatus for awhile. My wallet needs a serious break hahaha! Hope that you can get everything you want from Moody Blooms!
pompom.gif

Do you think you will end up getting Aphrodite's Shell? My girfriend who is fair like you bought something like 5! A bit crazy perhaps, but it is the first bronzer she has come across that is perfect on her for summer. She LOVES it!

Hope that you have a great weekend! Let me know how the Moody Bloom haul goes!
friends.gif

Sylvia60

Really a lovely formula!
Ah, you're a big girl, one who uses THREE colours on the mobile lid!
I'll try doing that with IdOs because the application is so, so simple.

I'm a fan of ETKs, of course, but the IdO is even easier to apply and now I'm inspired to try to go for the three colour look.

urbis

Ah, you're a big girl, one who uses THREE colours on the mobile lid! I'll try doing that with IdOs because the application is so, so simple. I'm a fan of ETKs, of course, but the IdO is even easier to apply and now I'm inspired to try to go for the three colour look.
I got round shaped eyes , and a lot of space between the lid and the brow so I can fill in . These shadows are nice even with the coloured mascaras and I think the orange one may add an extra touch to the look