Chanel Collection Reflets d'Été de Chanel - Summer 2014

lipstickaddict

Howdy! Did you get a chance to wear one of them yet? I am so in love with TF, I can't wait to use it for a Pedi too. It just pops.

I'm loving Pinkfringe and Red B- I was just admiring how gorgeous and unique Red B looks even in the tube.
drools.gif
Are you still enjoying your hauls?

AA just launched online the other day here (well I think it did, I got a notification email on 3rd June and almost everything was sold out very quickly as soon as I looked).

I think GOTS and EO lipsticks look nice, but I will have to wait until they hit a Counter to swatch and purchase. EO might be another failed attempt at me recreating the Heather Locklear Melrose Place nude lip
nope.gif

I recall you picked up a few things from AA, what did you get and how are you liking them? The packaging looks so pretty, I would like to have at least one lippie to enjoy it.

Are you getting anything from Sharon and Kelly?

I hope things slow down for you and you can enjoy your goodies soon!!
th_hug.gif
wavey.gif
Thank you my dear! Would you believe that I haven't tried one yet? Ugggg! Have been doing a ton of gardening lately and my nails are thrashed! Painting them would last all of a couple hours (and my toes are recently done so I haven't wanted to take it off!!). I did do a swatch of each polish on a different nail right after I bought them----will definitely have to put TF on SOON!

I am totally loving everything and enjoying playing with it a ton! RB is still my serious
bigheart.gif
! I have been wearing a lot of sheerer pinks and corals lately (lightening it up a bit) but come fall and winter this baby is going to be my HG of lipsticks! It is so unique and perfect. Love it! I love all my lippies from Playland and Proenza!

Okay, so I wasn't keen on the AA lipsticks at first, and EO pulls too brown on me---I laughed out loud when I read your comment about the Melrose Place nude lip! We grew up at the same time! Anyway, I ended up getting Pet me please and Siren Song, both of which are killer with a smokey eye. I wore a lipstick similar to PMP in the 90's and this totally reminds me of it. It's sexy, and not something I have in my collection nowadays. I love it. Definitely check those two out!

I ended up getting quite a bit from AA. I LOVE Aphrodite's Shell, and that one would be GORGEOUS on your beautiful fair skin. I also bought some of the eyeshadows, since the formula is the BEST this time around. Lorelei is absolutely gorgeous, and Soul Serenade is a beautiful dark smokey taupe---killer! Sea Worship translates as an old gold and is also just beautiful. I also bought the bag and the brushes---LOL! Love that aqua color!

Wasn't planning on getting much from the Osbournes, but I got all of the lipsticks and both blushes. LOL. Funny how that happens! You have to pick up Cheeky Bugger. Seriously. It is AMAZING. Liba and HerGreyness wrote about it in several other threads and this blush is the bomb! Beautiful glowing color payoff without any other cast----it's a very natural flush of pink on the cheeks and it would look just gorgeous on you! I love it so much I am considering back ups! RH is nice, but chalky. SP is super smooth and lovely. Haven't tried DG yet or KYY yet.

Okay, this was a bit long LOL! Let me know if you end up getting anything from either of those collections, and thanks for all of your suggestions for amazing lipsticks to check out! Miss seeing you in the threads so I was happy to see you in Moody Blooms!
friends.gif

Medgal07

Medgal, I have unwittingly enabled you- that part of the post was meant for lipstickaddict
girlhaha.gif
We have an affinity for yellow based pinks- looks like you're now part of our club, welcome aboard!!
party.gif

I really like the Make Up For Ever lipsticks- luckily it would take abit of effort to drive down and swatch them, so that is keeping me at bay for now.
Howdy! Did you get a chance to wear one of them yet? I am so in love with TF, I can't wait to use it for a Pedi too. It just pops.

I'm loving Pinkfringe and Red B- I was just admiring how gorgeous and unique Red B looks even in the tube.
drools.gif
Are you still enjoying your hauls?

AA just launched online the other day here (well I think it did, I got a notification email on 3rd June and almost everything was sold out very quickly as soon as I looked).

I think GOTS and EO lipsticks look nice, but I will have to wait until they hit a Counter to swatch and purchase. EO might be another failed attempt at me recreating the Heather Locklear Melrose Place nude lip
nope.gif

I recall you picked up a few things from AA, what did you get and how are you liking them? The packaging looks so pretty, I would like to have at least one lippie to enjoy it.

Are you getting anything from Sharon and Kelly?

I hope things slow down for you and you can enjoy your goodies soon!!
th_hug.gif
Why thank you Miss Tania and LSA
bouquet.gif
This month is bright lipstick/makeup month over in the theme makeup thread. The first week is bright pink week so I'm in pink heaven. You might want to
also take a look at the Name that Lipstick thread----tons of lip swatches/photos. Both are really fun for lipstick & makeup in general.

Have you seen Estée Lauder's new Crystal Baby Collection? Source Chic Profile: http://www.chicprofile.com/2014/06/estee-lauder-crystal-baby-pure-color-summer-2014-collection.html

​I love highlighters, so I've already ordered & worn the Crystal Baby Illuminating Powder Gelee. It's a white-pink that leaves a very soft pretty glow. During subsequent late night perusing a lipstick (this will be my first EL lipstick), lip gloss and nail polish leapt into my cart---I hate when that happens. It's like being over served adult beverages.
icon_eek.gif

MissTania

wavey.gif
Thank you my dear! Would you believe that I haven't tried one yet? Ugggg! Have been doing a ton of gardening lately and my nails are thrashed! Painting them would last all of a couple hours (and my toes are recently done so I haven't wanted to take it off!!). I did do a swatch of each polish on a different nail right after I bought them----will definitely have to put TF on SOON!

I am totally loving everything and enjoying playing with it a ton! RB is still my serious
bigheart.gif
! I have been wearing a lot of sheerer pinks and corals lately (lightening it up a bit) but come fall and winter this baby is going to be my HG of lipsticks! It is so unique and perfect. Love it! I love all my lippies from Playland and Proenza!

Okay, so I wasn't keen on the AA lipsticks at first, and EO pulls too brown on me---I laughed out loud when I read your comment about the Melrose Place nude lip! We grew up at the same time! Anyway, I ended up getting Pet me please and Siren Song, both of which are killer with a smokey eye. I wore a lipstick similar to PMP in the 90's and this totally reminds me of it. It's sexy, and not something I have in my collection nowadays. I love it. Definitely check those two out!

I ended up getting quite a bit from AA. I LOVE Aphrodite's Shell, and that one would be GORGEOUS on your beautiful fair skin. I also bought some of the eyeshadows, since the formula is the BEST this time around. Lorelei is absolutely gorgeous, and Soul Serenade is a beautiful dark smokey taupe---killer! Sea Worship translates as an old gold and is also just beautiful. I also bought the bag and the brushes---LOL! Love that aqua color!

Wasn't planning on getting much from the Osbournes, but I got all of the lipsticks and both blushes. LOL. Funny how that happens! You have to pick up Cheeky Bugger. Seriously. It is AMAZING. Liba and HerGreyness wrote about it in several other threads and this blush is the bomb! Beautiful glowing color payoff without any other cast----it's a very natural flush of pink on the cheeks and it would look just gorgeous on you! I love it so much I am considering back ups! RH is nice, but chalky. SP is super smooth and lovely. Haven't tried DG yet or KYY yet.

Okay, this was a bit long LOL! Let me know if you end up getting anything from either of those collections, and thanks for all of your suggestions for amazing lipsticks to check out! Miss seeing you in the threads so I was happy to see you in Moody Blooms!
friends.gif
Well, once the gardening work winds down, your nails will be in for a treat with these shades. I'm now wearing sweet lilac and loving it! Playland and Proenza were just awesome collections. It's funny how we go through phases, I went through a major lighter pink lippie phase last winter, I just didn't feel like bold colours for work. Have you been able to make Toying Around work? I tried it with a red lipliner and then a Chanel light pink gloss on top, it looked very elegant. I haven't worn it out yet, but I have hope for it yet and I am sure you can make it work without too much trouble.

Lol, that nude lip- my first attempt was MAC Blankety and I should have stopped there, major fail lol. I've been watching alot of Seinfeld and Elaine's super dark lipsticks horrify me- in Season 7 she gets a new hair cut and style, and wears these really dark lipsticks. Brown tones and I may never get along, but I will keep trying a I have a few that aren't too dark.

I'm glad you found two lippies that work for you - they're almost all sold out here even in store, and I haven't had a chance to go in. I'm not crazy over the swatches I've seen though. The eyeshadows do look beautiful and the Aphrodite's Shell Bronzer you recommended looks pretty, I will test it in person soon. I don't buy eyeshadows anymore due to sensitivities, so I'm saving alot of money there and overcompensating with lipsticks!

The Osbournes is very tempting- thanks for your thoughts
cheerleader.gif
! I think I would like both blushes, SP and KYY (maybe 2 or 3- I like that it is a satin).

If I can snag them on Nordies before they sell out, then it's a done deal. It looks like a really gorgeous collection and I don't want to skip it.
Ruby lipstick from the Pedro collection might hitch a ride on that order too if it's still there.
flower.gif

Another lipstick I am sure you would like:

http://www.temptalia.com/product/givenchy-le-rouge/hibiscus-exclusif-302

Good to be back on board
th_hug.gif
- we have been waiting a long time for Moody Blooms
th_DANCE.gif
th_happy1.gif

MissTania

Quote:
Why thank you Miss Tania and LSA
bouquet.gif
This month is bright lipstick/makeup month over in the theme makeup thread. The first week is bright pink week so I'm in pink heaven. You might want to
also take a look at the Name that Lipstick thread----tons of lip swatches/photos. Both are really fun for lipstick & makeup in general.

Have you seen Estée Lauder's new Crystal Baby Collection? Source Chic Profile: http://www.chicprofile.com/2014/06/estee-lauder-crystal-baby-pure-color-summer-2014-collection.html

​I love highlighters, so I've already ordered & worn the Crystal Baby Illuminating Powder Gelee. It's a white-pink that leaves a very soft pretty glow. During subsequent late night perusing a lipstick (this will be my first EL lipstick), lip gloss and nail polish leapt into my cart---I hate when that happens. It's like being over served adult beverages.
icon_eek.gif
Well, now that you're a full fledged member, I better link you as I have with Ms LSA above:

What a beautiful colour!!

Thank you, I just visited both threads, some lovely lippie pics!!

I did see the highlighter and your swatches over in the theme thread- it does look very pretty, I saw it on chic profile yesterday and thought the texture sounded very unique and I liked the design of the compact and the imprinted looking pattern. I have my eye on it for now...I still haven't tried Dior Transat yet- that's my goal this weekend!

How's your back log of items coming along - I hope you're recovering well and able to use your goodies with greater ease.

I hope the items that "leapt"
girlhaha.gif
in are winners!

pnfpn

PIcked up New Moon today! It looks so nice, can't wait to wear it tomorrow :D I did feel a bit of a tit asking for it at the counter though because of Twilight. Ugh! Why Chanel? Whyyyyyyyyyyy?

Medgal07

Quote:
Well, now that you're a full fledged member, I better link you as I have with Ms LSA above:

What a beautiful colour!!

Thank you, I just visited both threads, some lovely lippie pics!!

I did see the highlighter and your swatches over in the theme thread- it does look very pretty, I saw it on chic profile yesterday and thought the texture sounded very unique and I liked the design of the compact and the imprinted looking pattern. I have my eye on it for now...I still haven't tried Dior Transat yet- that's my goal this weekend!

How's your back log of items coming along - I hope you're recovering well and able to use your goodies with greater ease.

I hope the items that "leapt"
girlhaha.gif
in are winners!
Yay
93E888EC-21F8-47B9-B4B8-7A2AAB24A973@myhome.westell.com
I love it! Does my induction require that I immediately purchase another lippie? That Givenchy is to die for---just beautiful. I have Chanel

Rouge Allure Luminous Intense, (Bright Pink) Fougueuse 138 which T has on her Dupe List for Hibiscus. Through the Theme makeup challenge I'm actually using
lipsticks that I have never worn---all of which are really lovely. I was annoyed today because I had a dental cleaning and only got to wear YSL Rouge Volupté Flower
Crush LS Fuchsia Tourbillon 31 for a couple of hours. That said, lipstick does look better w/well cared for teeth.
greengrin.gif

Those aggressive EL products are soft and lovely and I'm looking forward to trying them out.

urbis

Actually I'm more interested in the violet mascara (I skipped last year's yellow one) but I can give it a try,if you want

cheburaha

Actually I'm more interested in the violet mascara (I skipped last year's yellow one) but I can give it a try,if you want
The violet one is cool - it has a bit of sparkles/shimmer - I like it a lot! It competes with Dior It Lash in purple in vibrancy of the color!
Please-please, swatch the orange one in store and let us know! I purchased the orange one through my friend in Canada but it might be ages before I actually get it.

purplefatpig

So I just watched the promotional video of the collection and the model does not wear ONLY the Sunny lip gloss. What else is she wearing? I love the colour...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_kSe0yeTiA

lipstickaddict

Well, once the gardening work winds down, your nails will be in for a treat with these shades. I'm now wearing sweet lilac and loving it! Playland and Proenza were just awesome collections. It's funny how we go through phases, I went through a major lighter pink lippie phase last winter, I just didn't feel like bold colours for work. Have you been able to make Toying Around work? I tried it with a red lipliner and then a Chanel light pink gloss on top, it looked very elegant. I haven't worn it out yet, but I have hope for it yet and I am sure you can make it work without too much trouble.

Lol, that nude lip- my first attempt was MAC Blankety and I should have stopped there, major fail lol. I've been watching alot of Seinfeld and Elaine's super dark lipsticks horrify me- in Season 7 she gets a new hair cut and style, and wears these really dark lipsticks. Brown tones and I may never get along, but I will keep trying a I have a few that aren't too dark.

I'm glad you found two lippies that work for you - they're almost all sold out here even in store, and I haven't had a chance to go in. I'm not crazy over the swatches I've seen though. The eyeshadows do look beautiful and the Aphrodite's Shell Bronzer you recommended looks pretty, I will test it in person soon. I don't buy eyeshadows anymore due to sensitivities, so I'm saving alot of money there and overcompensating with lipsticks!

The Osbournes is very tempting- thanks for your thoughts
cheerleader.gif
! I think I would like both blushes, SP and KYY (maybe 2 or 3- I like that it is a satin).

If I can snag them on Nordies before they sell out, then it's a done deal. It looks like a really gorgeous collection and I don't want to skip it.
Ruby lipstick from the Pedro collection might hitch a ride on that order too if it's still there.
flower.gif

Another lipstick I am sure you would like:

Good to be back on board
th_hug.gif
- we have been waiting a long time for Moody Blooms
th_DANCE.gif
th_happy1.gif
Awww Sweet Lilac!
eyelove.gif
I am dying to try that one! I formerly christen this Chanel nail polish week---am definitely going to give a couple of them a go! How are you liking it?
Before I forget, I wanted to mention that I picked up Sunny Seoul! Love it! Thanks so much for the recommendation. So far I haven't managed to make Toying around work, but I should try again this week. I wore Sweet Experience today and I REALLY love that one!
heart.gif
And it's a good thing because I think I bought 4 or something LOL! I bet SE looks beautiful on you with your beautiful fair skin and dark hair! Are you wearing that one much?

Originally I was going to practically skip AA---and my wallet would have been a lot happier! Kind of got caught up in the frenzy lol. I love everything I bought, but there have been so many collections lately--kind of need to slow down haha!. I am very sorry to hear that you have eye sensitivities, but you are absolutely right in that it lets you focus on the lippies! I almost never buy eyeshadow and I usually focus on the lipsticks too!
girlhaha.gif

I really hope you can get your hands on both blushes, SP and KYY! My KYY and Sharon's blush comes this week, but I am super happy with Cheeky Bugger and Strip Poker so far. I haven't tried on DG yet and I think I will just give it as a gift to my girlfriend. All of the specktra ladies look great in it, but with my blonde hair and freckles, I don't think I can pull it off. I also don't usually wear purple lipstick. Think that my girlfriend would go crazy for it, so I'll save it for her. I love this collection. May line up on Thursday to pick up another Cheeky Bugger. Please let me know if there is anything you want me to get for you (shipping is crazy we know, but sometimes things call for drastic measures LOL).

I haven't looked at Ruby yet! Skipped that collection. Am going to be very selective when it comes to Moody Blooms and maybe just get those two Sheen Supremes lol.

All the best stalking Nordstom's and getting your hands on those Osbourne goodies!
friends.gif
kissy.gif
heart2.gif

Thanks for the lipstick link!

Sylvia60

I'd never tried the IdO line of eye shadows but fell under the spell of this collection's colours.
I'm now officially a fan of them.
The texture is lovely and they are long-lasting, at least on my lids.
Best of all, they're shimmery without giving me an allergic reaction!

I bought Utopia, Mirage and Epatant and love the easy looks I can create with them.
New Moon is sold out just about everywhere here in Madrid, though I haven't lost hope in tracking it down.

urbis

The violet one is cool - it has a bit of sparkles/shimmer - I like it a lot! It competes with Dior It Lash in purple in vibrancy of the color! Please-please, swatch the orange one in store and let us know! I purchased the orange one through my friend in Canada but it might be ages before I actually get it.
I swatched it: it's a full colored orange with some sparkle, it' s very visible on lashes. I got the violet, less poppy but the orange doesn't match my pale face but I'm sure it's great on a bronzed complexion

cheburaha

I swatched it: it's a full colored orange with some sparkle, it' s very visible on lashes. I got the violet, less poppy but the orange doesn't match my pale face but I'm sure it's great on a bronzed complexion
Thank you! I am glad to hear it's visible! Since it has sparkles, it must be the same formulas as the violet one which I love! I find this year colored mascara superior to the last year ones.

urbis

It's the tangerine version of violet touch, that's correct. I agree with you, this year product is superior Thank you! I am glad to hear it's visible! Since it has sparkles, it must be the same formulas as the violet one which I love! I find this year colored mascara superior to the last year ones.

MissTania

Awww Sweet Lilac!
eyelove.gif
I am dying to try that one! I formerly christen this Chanel nail polish week---am definitely going to give a couple of them a go! How are you liking it?
Before I forget, I wanted to mention that I picked up Sunny Seoul! Love it! Thanks so much for the recommendation. So far I haven't managed to make Toying around work, but I should try again this week. I wore Sweet Experience today and I REALLY love that one!
heart.gif
And it's a good thing because I think I bought 4 or something LOL! I bet SE looks beautiful on you with your beautiful fair skin and dark hair! Are you wearing that one much?

Originally I was going to practically skip AA---and my wallet would have been a lot happier! Kind of got caught up in the frenzy lol. I love everything I bought, but there have been so many collections lately--kind of need to slow down haha!. I am very sorry to hear that you have eye sensitivities, but you are absolutely right in that it lets you focus on the lippies! I almost never buy eyeshadow and I usually focus on the lipsticks too!
girlhaha.gif

I really hope you can get your hands on both blushes, SP and KYY! My KYY and Sharon's blush comes this week, but I am super happy with Cheeky Bugger and Strip Poker so far. I haven't tried on DG yet and I think I will just give it as a gift to my girlfriend. All of the specktra ladies look great in it, but with my blonde hair and freckles, I don't think I can pull it off. I also don't usually wear purple lipstick. Think that my girlfriend would go crazy for it, so I'll save it for her. I love this collection. May line up on Thursday to pick up another Cheeky Bugger. Please let me know if there is anything you want me to get for you (shipping is crazy we know, but sometimes things call for drastic measures LOL).

I haven't looked at Ruby yet! Skipped that collection. Am going to be very selective when it comes to Moody Blooms and maybe just get those two Sheen Supremes lol.

All the best stalking Nordstom's and getting your hands on those Osbourne goodies!
friends.gif
kissy.gif
heart2.gif

Thanks for the lipstick link!
I have worn Sweet Lilac and then finally Pink Tonic- love them all, Sweet Lilac is more unique though! I hope you had a chance to start wearing them?

I had a feeling Sunny Seoul would be right for you, so happy you are enjoying it!
friends.gif
pompom.gif

Toying Around is lovely, but for me the liner was crucial. I hope you can doctor it to your tastes!

I do like Sweet Experience, haven't worn it a great deal, but I am very happy with it- I'll show it some more love. I really want to back up Playland lippies again lol- they are so awesome. I tried HGL last night, and it's such a beautiful hot pink.I always reach for RB, but tomorrow I'm going to wear HGL.

I'm glad AA worked for you, and yes it's full on at the moment with these awesome collections! I'm glad you got those gorgeous AA shadows, even if I can't hoard them it's nice to know others are enjoying them.

As for the Osbournes...I was shocked to see it online not long after it launched- I almost had a chance to get both blushes but they sold out whilst in my cart, and all the lippies were gone at that stage except for Riot House. Thank you for your offer! I am just going to wait until it comes out here in August and maybe just get one or 2 KYY lippies and a blush. I am hoping for a restock on Nordies, but I won't hold my breath (even if it happens, it'll no doubt sell out in minutes). I hope you can snag a back up of cheeky bugger!
pretty.gif

I think Dodgy Girl looks pretty and unique, but I know I wouldn't like it for myself. Like you, I'm not big on the purples. I'd look insane lol. But yes it does look nice on lots of our compadres here!

Temptalia has just put up previews for Moody Blooms- I only like Pheromonal (a lot!) so far. Phosphorescent (Fossy lol) didn't wow me in her swatch, but I need to see more swatches to be sure.

I should be able to inspect Pedro in person on Friday, I'll report back to you if I think it's worthy!
th_happy1.gif

You're welcome re: the link- I know I'll eventually get another MUFE lippie
th_thstars.gif

Sylvia60

I used Mirage with NARS' Baalbek to make an eye for work.
Simple but fabulous and it stayed in place for 8 hours.