Chanel Foundations & Concealers

Karen_B

I would, but the department stores here can be a litttle stingy with samples. Doesn't hurt to give it a try though!

Monsy

Just go with litle empy jars, they can't say no and if they do just call the manager

Sugar & Spice

Go to the counter and tell them you want to get color matched and if there is a shade match, tell them you want a sample to make sure your skin doesn't react negatively to it before purchasing.

mrslid

Yep, I would give it another chance if there was a BR12 available here but I don't think I'll chase it down from Asia. I called chanel.com and they advised me to try the BR22. Has anyone seen this one irl who could estimate what MAC shade it corresponds to?
Hi everyone! It's been ages since I've been on here! I miss all my Chanel girls! xo

I am really wondering about BR22 as well. I've been told that the VLA Compact shades are quite light and that BR22 should work but even BR10 in the Vitalumiere Aqua liquid is too dark for me. I guess I should just give up until I can see it in person but it will likely be months and months before I end up at a counter.

Miss QQ

^^ Hi! Yes the shades are light. Some of the ladies have said that the foundation is too dry and yellow, so it is best you try it out in person before buying. I gave it a swatch last Sunday and I could see why it feels dry. I also remember I was digging my finger, the fleshy part at the tip, to get the foundation out from my tiny sample pan. But I don't recall it feeling dry on my face.

Winthrop44

Hi everyone! It's been ages since I've been on here! I miss all my Chanel girls! xo
I am really wondering about BR22 as well. I've been told that the VLA Compact shades are quite light and that BR22 should work but even BR10 in the Vitalumiere Aqua liquid is too dark for me. I guess I should just give up until I can see it in person but it will likely be months and months before I end up at a counter.

I saw it in person last week and it was too dark for us. The SA was able to blend it out enough on my inner wrist to where I *might* have considered trying it on my face -- although she was not encouraging me! -- but the B10 I previously tried made my skin look so dry. It didn't necessarily feel dry, it just made my skin look like all the moisture had been sucked out of it and highlighted fine lines (pretty picture, huh? lol). Because of the dryness I can't get too excited about testing another shade on the outside chance I could blend it out enough to achieve a passable match. Elegant did not like it on either. I'd say it may be worth trying when you get to a counter sometime, or swapping for a sample even in another shade to try the texture, but it's not worth the trouble of hunting down asap or anything.

mrslid

I saw it in person last week and it was too dark for us. The SA was able to blend it out enough on my inner wrist to where I *might* have considered trying it on my face -- although she was not encouraging me! -- but the B10 I previously tried made my skin look so dry. It didn't necessarily feel dry, it just made my skin look like all the moisture had been sucked out of it and highlighted fine lines (pretty picture, huh? lol). Because of the dryness I can't get too excited about testing another shade on the outside chance I could blend it out enough to achieve a passable match. Elegant did not like it on either. I'd say it may be worth trying when you get to a counter sometime, or swapping for a sample even in another shade to try the texture, but it's not worth the trouble of hunting down asap or anything.
Thank you! I think I am relieved to hear this. I have far to many things on my wish list right now!!!!

sunshine817

have any one try the chanel vitalumiere moisture rich radiance foundation. i was planning to return the VA compact foundation for it but i don't know much about it. would anyone recommendation that for really dry skin. please let me know about that foundation. thanks
[h=2][/h]

jmarie

I think that Vitalumiere would definitely be better than for you. It works best for me. I tried the VA compact but, I found the the Vitalumiere looks better and I have combo skin. Can you go to a counter and get a sample?

cutemiauw

Karen - I have the Armani Luminous Silk foundations and it's my HG. I think it does look like better skin... I have many compliments saying my skin looks a lot better and healthier :p. I don't have Vitalumiere Aqua to compare it though, but from what I remember when trying them, I think Luminous Silk is creamier. I like mixing it with my sunscreen too so I have kind of a tinted moisturizer on most days :)

jRoxy13

I've never really seen any reviews here on it, but does anyone like Double Perfection? I got it a couple weeks ago as I'm pretty oily and I thought this might be a good, easy summer foundation. I love Perfection Lumiere; however, the silicones gave me a couple bad cystic acne spots, so it's only for special occasions now. In any case, I really like the light coverage and texture of Double Perfection, but whereas I thought it would be good for oily skin, it pretty much slides right off after about 6 hours. I don't think those with dry skin would like this foundation either, so I'm wondering who this is meant for. Did anyone else have better luck getting Double Perfection to work for them? I've tried it both wet and dry.

jRoxy13

The only primers I've tried that work are silicone-based, so I can't really wear them as they break me out. I tried Laura Mercier's non-silicone primer and it didn't do anything for me. Do you have any suggestions?

Ingenue

Has anyone tried Eclat Lumiere? I just tried it last night and DIED! I absolutely love it. It's like Touche Veloutee (By Terry) but warmer in color and undertones.

Monsy

The only primers I've tried that work are silicone-based, so I can't really wear them as they break me out. I tried Laura Mercier's non-silicone primer and it didn't do anything for me. Do you have any suggestions?
since you are oily, 6 hours of wear is pretty good without primer.
and you are right, the only ones that work are silicone based ones. you might want to try lorac aqua primer it's good for oily skin and for sensitive skin

Shadowy Lady

Has anyone tried Eclat Lumiere? I just tried it last night and DIED! I absolutely love it. It's like Touche Veloutee (By Terry) but warmer in color and undertones.
Sounds lovely! Did you get to test how long it lasts on you? I'm interested in this except I'm cooler in undertone. Will ask at my Chanel counter next time I'm there see if they have it for me to check out.

jRoxy13

since you are oily, 6 hours of wear is pretty good without primer.
and you are right, the only ones that work are silicone based ones. you might want to try lorac aqua primer it's good for oily skin and for sensitive skin
Thank you for the tip, I will definitely check it out. I know in the long run oily skin can be better, but I hate it!

Miss QQ

I got samples of Perfection Lumiere in both 10 and 20. The foundation just launched, and it seems that it is replacing Mat Lumiere liquid foundation here, while Pro Lumiere will still be available. I'll give it a try, though after reading all your reviews I'm not expecting I'll love it, but I never know until I try. The foundation is launched together with the Brompton blush and Malice and Tumult in baked formula.