Chanel Foundations & Concealers

bis

I got samples of Perfection Lumiere in both 10 and 20. The foundation just launched, and it seems that it is replacing Mat Lumiere liquid foundation here, while Pro Lumiere will still be available. I'll give it a try, though after reading all your reviews I'm not expecting I'll love it, but I never know until I try. The foundation is launched together with the Brompton blush and Malice and Tumult in baked formula.
So there is a baked version of Malice after all. Might be we'll get it as well.

Winthrop44

I would love to know why Europe never gets the US/powder formula but we sometimes get the baked one. Is there something in the US formula that's not approved for use in Europe?

Miss QQ

^^ I wonder too, Asia doesn't get the US formula at all too. We also don't get the double sided longwear lip colour, I've never seen one at my counters before, and I wonder if there is something in there that is not approved here.

bis - I just noticed you are an advisor! Congrats! Sorry if I'm really late to know about it. I think Europe will get the baked Malice and Tumult too!

Ingenue

Sounds lovely! Did you get to test how long it lasts on you? I'm interested in this except I'm cooler in undertone. Will ask at my Chanel counter next time I'm there see if they have it for me to check out.
It definitely lasts all day Shadowy Lady. This is akin to a base product, like a foundation. There's no fading on this product. It's dense enough to hold, even on my oily skin. I've been wearing it for 3 days in a row so far... and I love it.

They have cooler undertones as well. I was just so impressed that they really went 'warm' on the color that is meant for me. It highlights my skin perfectly.

bis

I would love to know why Europe never gets the US/powder formula but we sometimes get the baked one. Is there something in the US formula that's not approved for use in Europe?
Good question, maybe they are afraid that people will complain about the quality of the baked blushes once they had the "normal" ones and Chanel does not want that to happen? From what I have seen the blushes should be ok here for ingredients :dunno: Sounds more like a political thing to me.
^^ I wonder too, Asia doesn't get the US formula at all too. We also don't get the double sided longwear lip colour, I've never seen one at my counters before, and I wonder if there is something in there that is not approved here. bis - I just noticed you are an advisor! Congrats! Sorry if I'm really late to know about it. I think Europe will get the baked Malice and Tumult too!
Really interesting, would be worth to ask the Chanel counter people, but then they always pretend they know everything and nothing outside of what they have here is possible. So not holding my breath that they have any clue. Thanks :)

shadowaddict

Quote:
Also check out Korres, that one does not have silicones either.
I just got a sample of this yesterday when a sa at Sephora suggested it as a mattifying primer for my oily skin.

I want to try it with Mat Lumiere since I wasn't get a much wear time with it. I also want to try it with Perfection Lumiere to see how that goes as well.

I'm really hoping it does well. I also got another sample of Hourglass primer that I didn't find all that great with LM foundations.

Sugar & Spice

Quote:

I just got a sample of this yesterday when a sa at Sephora suggested it as a mattifying primer for my oily skin.

I want to try it with Mat Lumiere since I wasn't get a much wear time with it. I also want to try it with Perfection Lumiere to see how that goes as well.

I'm really hoping it does well. I also got another sample of Hourglass primer that I didn't find all that great with LM foundations.
The Korres primer did nothing for me and I think its because it doesn't have cones which is needed to block oil break through. It was basically just a moisturizer...

Get a sample of Giorgio Armani primer, it is VERY good!

jRoxy13

The Korres primer did nothing for me and I think its because it doesn't have cones which is needed to block oil break through. It was basically just a moisturizer...

Get a sample of Giorgio Armani primer, it is VERY good!
Does the Armani primer have silicones?

sampantha7

THis may have already been answered or asked, but I will ask anyway. How does the new perfection lumiere holdup to oily skin? I've been wanting to try it, but don't know if it is worth it.

jRoxy13

THis may have already been answered or asked, but I will ask anyway. How does the new perfection lumiere holdup to oily skin? I've been wanting to try it, but don't know if it is worth it.
It holds up the best of any foundation I've tried (until then I found Revlon Colorstay Combination/Oily best for oil control)! The coverage is perfect - you can make it light or layer it for fuller coverage. It feels like velvet applying and it's totally weightless. It held up for an average 10 hours before I needed to re-powder. This includes 3 miles on the track! Unfortunately, the silicones in it started to break me out after about a month, so it's become a special occasion foundation for me. If you don't have silicone sensitivity, I would really recommend asking for a sample. I hope this works for you!

NATlar

I've only used one Foundation from this brand which is Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua which is gorgeous with the Chanel illuminating base, definitely hands down the best foundation i've used to far.

sampantha7

It holds up the best of any foundation I've tried (until then I found Revlon Colorstay Combination/Oily best for oil control)! The coverage is perfect - you can make it light or layer it for fuller coverage. It feels like velvet applying and it's totally weightless. It held up for an average 10 hours before I needed to re-powder. This includes 3 miles on the track! Unfortunately, the silicones in it started to break me out after about a month, so it's become a special occasion foundation for me. If you don't have silicone sensitivity, I would really recommend asking for a sample. I hope this works for you!
Thanks so much for your help! I'm gonna go pick up a sample next time I'm out!

Paisly

I freakin LOVE vitalumiere Aqua! I have it in 10. I love the way this foundation makes my skin look. Its beautiful. So beautiful That I risk the breakouts it causes. This foundation breaks me out like no other foundation I have ever used. Within the hour of putting this stuff on my face i can feel little bumps. It also causes my skin to be dry if i wear it two days in a row (usually i only wear it on events.) I typically do NOT have problematic skin nor do I have acne of any kind. Gosh, if this stuff didnt break me out i would never buy another foundation.
The Laura mercier silk creme foundation caused similar breakouts. The silk creme foundation caused immediate breakouts, though. Maybe it's a similar ingredient?

Antigone

Definitely Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B10! :)

This is the only foundation that does not give me allergies, and is the exact color as my skin!

poppytears

I have been using Vitalumiere in 20 since August and it is quite hot here during summer, I suppose it is a bit better to wear it during winter, since my skin is fairly oily. Nevertheless, I like its texture, but somehow I find that color is a bit yellowish on my fair skin. I like better MUFE 120 HD.

Winthrop44

It looks like the Beige range in Perfection Lumiere has been DC'd -- they're all in the Deja Vu section on Chanel's web site.

shadowaddict

They did that with the two lightest shades of Mat Lum right when I discovered Porcelain was a perfect match for me and it didn't stir up my oilies. Soooooo frustrating.
wtff.gif