Chanel Holiday 2010

Miss QQ

Thanks for the pics, elegant! Both the NY and Paris palettes are so pretty. I load the pics of the two palettes in two windows and put them side by side to compare (drool at) them.
love.gif

I don't like lippies in palettes too.

It makes an excellent birthday gift for oneself!
yes.gif

Bonitinha

As far as comparing the JC blushes and MAC mineralized -- I only have one JC right now (Rose Petale) and it is a soft glowy blush -- the shimmer isn't overly obvious on your face (which I love). I have some MAC mineralized blushes that I love -- but I would say some of the colors are a bit more shimmery. I was amazed at how blendable the JC blush was. I really want In Love JC next
smiles.gif

Camnagem

So like a month of Birthday celebrations?! I like it
greengrin.gif
I'm about an NW15 this time of year with dark brown hair and green eyes and my favorite right now is Pink Explosion! If you like pink, and aren't afraid of some cheek color, this one is awesome (you can wear it more amped up, or really blended down). Rose Petale and Rose Temptation are also on my list of favorites, but I have to say...with JC's I haven't found a bad color yet. Some colors may not work for all skintones, but for the most part they're very workable.

My best advice: Pick a color that speaks to you and go for it. The texture is amazing, and the glow is gorgeous!

Maybe not a full month of celebrations...but I try!
girlhaha.gif

Miss QQ

^^ I agree, bis. Pink Explosion if you like pink, and Rose Petale if you want something soft and feminine, but not nude.

I just registered an account in my local post service that allows for overseas shipment. Ladies from the US, does chanel.com allow payment with foreign countries' credit cards?

Honey&LemonGirl

Oooh, Paris-L.A. is gorgeous. I love wearable palettes, but so many of them have odd packaging that I'd never pull out in public. With Chanel, not so. :p

Elegant, I LOVE the look of Paris-NY. Even more than I like Paris-LA! What's the availability of that palette? Long gone LE?

mrslid

^^ I agree, bis. Pink Explosion if you like pink, and Rose Petale if you want something soft and feminine, but not nude.

I just registered an account in my local post service that allows for overseas shipment. Ladies from the US, does chanel.com allow payment with foreign countries' credit cards?

Is it a US address they set you up with to get international packages?? because they don't ship outside of the US they also do not accept payment from credit cards with non US billing addresses. Boo!

elegant-one

Oooh, Paris-L.A. is gorgeous. I love wearable palettes, but so many of them have odd packaging that I'd never pull out in public. With Chanel, not so. :p

Elegant, I LOVE the look of Paris-NY. Even more than I like Paris-LA! What's the availability of that palette? Long gone LE?
NY is beautiful!. I've seen it still available not all that long ago at SAKS. Maybe others still have it as well - or the Chanel boutique in NY.

Miss QQ

Is it a US address they set you up with to get international packages?? because they don't ship outside of the US they also do not accept payment from credit cards with non US billing addresses. Boo!
Yes, you are right. The postal service gave me a US address, but my credit card's billing address is non-US. So that means it is a no?

I want to order Paris-LA desperately.

mrslid

Yes, you are right. The postal service gave me a US address, but my credit card's billing address is non-US. So that means it is a no?
I want to order Paris-LA desperately.
According to the FAQ section on the Chanel.com site it's a no...sorry :-(

Miss QQ

^^ Thank you. This is disappointing. Never mind, I shall admire the pics and save money for the spring collection.

dreamer246

I bought Pulsion n/l today (as well as Rouge Fatal n/l), so pretty! :D The MA also recommended me Rose Petale JC and Exquise l/s. Is Rose Petale similar to MAC's Pet Me MB? I spent quite some time at the counter and the MA seemed to be losing patience with me... I still miss my regular MAC MAs, they're cool with me just browsing for as long as I like and they don't hover around me all the time. Oh well.

Bonitinha

I bought Pulsion n/l today (as well as Rouge Fatal n/l), so pretty! :D The MA also recommended me Rose Petale JC and Exquise l/s. Is Rose Petale similar to MAC's Pet Me MB? I spent quite some time at the counter and the MA seemed to be losing patience with me... I still miss my regular MAC MAs, they're cool with me just browsing for as long as I like and they don't hover around me all the time. Oh well.
From what I remember MAC Pet Me was a peachy pink (I think). Rose Petale is more of a true pink (although warmer than Pink Explosion) and Pet Me was more peachy pink. Yay for new polishes!
here is a swatch of Rose Petale: http://cafemakeup.com/2010/02/chanel-blush-marathon-joues-contraste-rose-petale/
MAC Pet Me (scroll down to bottom): http://naturalnchicmakeup.blogspot.com/2010/08/mac-fabulous-felines-swatches-and_19.html

dreamer246

From what I remember MAC Pet Me was a peachy pink (I think). Rose Petale is more of a true pink (although warmer than Pink Explosion) and Pet Me was more peachy pink. Yay for new polishes! here is a swatch of Rose Petale: http://cafemakeup.com/2010/02/chanel-blush-marathon-joues-contraste-rose-petale/
MAC Pet Me (scroll down to bottom): http://naturalnchicmakeup.blogspot.com/2010/08/mac-fabulous-felines-swatches-and_19.html

Thanks for the links! I guess I will know how Rose Petale compares to Pet Me after I've bought it. Lol. Or maybe I should just bring my Pet Me to the counter so I can compare first before buying. Either way, the blush whore in me is really tempted to try a Chanel blush!!! :D

bis

So, after much deliberation and then the collection being sold out in the only store that got it, I managed to order the Tentations Cuivreé quad, Pink Pulsion Glossimer and Magnolia RC. Unfortunately sight unseen.

Very curious and waiting for the call to pick it up :)
Thanks for your recommendations and swatches.

mrslid

So, after much deliberation and then the collection being sold out in the only store that got it, I managed to order the Tentations Cuivreé quad, Pink Pulsion Glossimer and Magnolia RC. Unfortunately sight unseen.

You will love them!!! Can't wait to hear what you think.

bis

Thanks mrslid, I am a bit anxious as I am spending a lot sight unseen, but I hope it will work out.
Oh, and the SA was so nice and let me have a 10% coupon for when I pick it up ;)

Camnagem

Oh exciting! I can't wait to hear what you think of everything. I love Magnolia and really like PP, and the quad haunted me until I bought it (which was the right decision in the end, it's great!).

Is it just me or do you guys get excited when other Chanel-lovers here buy things? I get all giddy and happy for them, and I always love hearing what you guys think of things!

Wow, I'm so mushy...even online!
blush-anim-cl.gif

bis

Is it just me or do you guys get excited when other Chanel-lovers here buy things? I get all giddy and happy for them, and I always love hearing what you guys think of things!

Wow, I'm so mushy...even online!
blush-anim-cl.gif

I remember you being haunted by the quad, that's also what pushed me to finally get it
sneaky.gif
This and the Coco Rouge video someone posted. The last look with Rouge Noir looks like it was made with the quad and I plan and wearing this. Nope it also works with dark hair.

And it is not just you, I love reading what everyone else gets and how they like it.

mrslid

I buy EVERYTHING site unseen. I don't have much choice. A 10% off coupon. That's amazing!!

LOL no it's not just you. I get excited too. I know how much excitement it brings me and I love knowing someone else is experiencing it. Plus we all help each other by reviewing stuff so when I see someone buying something I raved about I get excited and also a little nervous too that they won't be happy after my recommendations.