Chanel Holiday 2010

Miss QQ

I fell in love with Splash, too. I bought it a couple of weeks ago when I went to pick up Pleasing after the MA was showed it to me (I also left with Cassis eyeliner -- I'm a bad girl!). It's a really lovely color and, on me, really brings out the copper in the brown shade of the holiday quad.

I really want to try some of the other colors. I'm a sucker for bases, and Splash is light (as in, not a heavy texture) and wears so well. I'm so glad the MA recommended it! I never would have bought it on my own, what with my number of paint pots, shadesticks and greasepaint sticks.
Great choices! Enjoy your goodies! Cassis is beautiful and goes with many e/s colours.

dreamer246

Dreamer -- I will have to add Confidentielle to my short list! In answer to your question about Chanel LE items -- there are usually a few that come out with each collection. Sometimes they add the new stuff to the perm line and sometimes quite a few items will be LE. So, it totally feeds into the obsession
smiles.gif

Elegant -- love your pics of that palette -- so pretty!

Yes, Confidentielle will be worth it! <3 Glad to hear that they add some stuff into their perm line. I asked the MA whether Pulsion n/l is LE, and she said no but it's only gonna be available while stocks last... So is it going into the permanent range too?

Miss QQ

I asked the MA whether Pulsion n/l is LE, and she said no but it's only gonna be available while stocks last... So is it going into the permanent range too?
I didn't ask the MA if Pulsion is LE, but from the info we have online, it is LE. And the MA said it is while stocks last, so it sounds like LE.

Anyways, I'm glad that you are trying Chanel makeup.
smiles.gif
They are pricey but we are usually very pleased with the items we bought. Oh, the tweed blushes cost $69 each. I was packing my drawers and found my newly purchased Tweed Fuchsia blush box. JC costs less at $63 or $64.

dreamer246

I see.. I thought it was gonna be like the VG Gaga/Cyndi lipsticks, not exactly "LE" but available while stocks last... That's the impression I got from the MA, because she said it will be restocked. Let's see if I can manage to save up enough to buy the tweed blush. What's so special about tweed blushes anyway?

juujubes

I believe there are 4 permanent shades of Tweed Blushers already (which have been around for a while). From what I have read, seen and been told, Tweed Fuchsia is LE for the holidays =D. I am not a fan of the permanent ones because they`re not pigmented for me at all! Tweed Fuchsia is a must have if you are a collector!

Miss QQ

Let's see if I can manage to save up enough to buy the tweed blush. What's so special about tweed blushes anyway?
Tweed Fuchsia is my first tweed blush. I find it soft, pigmented and blendable. As for the other tweed blushes, they feel very soft and finely milled when I swatch them.

Camnagem

I didn't really like the tweed blush when I saw it in person.
th_dunno.gif

I have no idea why really, it just didn't scream "OWN ME!" or something. Maybe it's because I'm head over heals for JC blushes? I have no idea, but it was a surprisingly easy pass for me.

dreamer246

I didn't really like the tweed blush when I saw it in person.
th_dunno.gif

I have no idea why really, it just didn't scream "OWN ME!" or something. Maybe it's because I'm head over heals for JC blushes? I have no idea, but it was a surprisingly easy pass for me.

Hmm JC blushes... Another thing to check out! Gah I feel so lost, it's like I'm learning everything about Chanel makeup from scratch now. Maybe if the MA is nice, I shall ask him/her to give me a brief intro to the various different products. Lol.

elegant-one

Chanel Paris - L.A. Palette

The colors are pretty true to color in the 2nd pic., the shadows may be a tad darker.

The colors is this palette are soft but so beautiful. The blush is this beautiful natural peach pink but very subtle - beautiful on.

Lip colors:
top - a light tulip pink gloss
middle - gorgeous strawberry pink gloss
bottom - beautiful berry color (love)

eyeshadows:
soft white
dusty lav. plum
deeper burgundy heather plum

Several more pics in the Chanel swatch thread

elegant-one

greengrin.gif
eye candy!

Seriously, the lipstick color is so darn Gorgeous!!! Meg - its berry/strawberry jam like
yummy.gif

Actually, the colors in the mirror look really true - maybe a little bit darker. And you can see the classy velvet pouch that it comes in with the 3 applicators each tucked inside their own pockets. I just LOVE LOVE these palettes. Such a treat!!!

Camnagem

Seriously, the lipstick color is so darn Gorgeous!!! Meg - its berry/strawberry jam like
yummy.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

I tend to really dislike lipstuff in palette form, but for Chanel I might make an exception! I think I just might treat myself to this stunning palette for my birthday.

elegant-one

Happy Happy Birthday my dear!!!!!!!
friends.gif
heart.gif

I haven't tried the shadows on yet. The palettes are so glam & classy in their black tie velvet cases. I loved the NY palette so much I almost bought 2
blush-anim-cl.gif

Camnagem

Quote: Originally Posted by elegant-one
Happy Happy Birthday my dear!!!!!!!
friends.gif
heart.gif

I haven't tried the shadows on yet. The palettes are so glam & classy in their black tie velvet cases. I loved the NY palette so much I almost bought 2
blush-anim-cl.gif

My birthday isn't for a bit yet (Nov. 27th), but I like to celebrate early, and late...
lol.gif

I love the looks of the eyeshadows, let us know what you think if you test them out!

dreamer246

Are the JC similar to MAC's mineralized blushes? I see that they look baked, that's why I'm asking. Which colors would you recommend?
smiles.gif

I did swatch the tweed blushes just now, and I really like one, I think it's called "Tweed Rose"? Tweed Fuchsia looked pretty, a little bit similar to MAC's Dollymix but minus the sheen of Dollymix. I asked to try on the blush but the MA told me I can't do that because she doesn't have any makeup brushes with her (wtf?). Anyway I decided not to buy it without trying on first, especially not when it's so pricey! I shall go to another counter to try it then.

I also spotted Paradoxal and Rouge Fatal at the counter. I tried on Rouge Fatal and it's so sexay! I might go back for it. And maybe even Paradoxal. I'm a newly converted Chanel addict, hehe!
greengrin.gif

bis

Thanks for the pictures of the palette, for once I am very happy we do not have them here
curtsey.gif

Quote:

So like a month of Birthday celebrations?! I like it
greengrin.gif