Chanel Soho Collection - LE Fall 2010

mrslid

I hooked up with a Chanel SA thru MUA that works at a counter in the US that is receiving Soho so she is hooking me up with Stunning and Stunt. Does anyone with fair skin have Stunt that could do a lip swatch for me? I'm worried it will look super purple on me which may clash with my red hair. I hope I won't be disappointed in it as I was with Santal. Also is Stunning quite similar to any other Rouge Cocos or is it unique? Thanks!

Bonitinha

I hooked up with a Chanel SA thru MUA that works at a counter in the US that is receiving Soho so she is hooking me up with Stunning and Stunt. Does anyone with fair skin have Stunt that could do a lip swatch for me? I'm worried it will look super purple on me which may clash with my red hair. I hope I won't be disappointed in it as I was with Santal. Also is Stunning quite similar to any other Rouge Cocos or is it unique? Thanks!
Did you happen to do a swatch when you wore Santal? I was thinking about getting it -- but I wish I could try it is person first. Was it the color or the formula/coverage you didn't care for? I always seem to research everything to death before I order online lol
smiles.gif

mrslid

No I didn't take a pic sorry. Don't worry I haven't forgotten about taking pics of In Love for you. I just haven't had a chance when there is natural light yet ;-)
The colour was OK. Nothing exciting and kinda washed me out. My real issue was with the formula. I had heard that the formula of Ming and Santal was not as nice as the other Laques. That they are sheerer and don't last as long. That was absolutely the case for me. The formula is one that looks like it ought to be full coverage but Santal goes on kind of uneven and I found the lasting power absolutely horrible. I don't think I'll rule out the Laques yet. I just should have gone with my gut and ordered on of the darker shades. Darn Amy at CafeMakeup for making me want Santal! LOL

Winthrop44

Santal looks and lasts great on me and I hate all the reds especially Dragon which everybody else loves.
th_dunno.gif
It's all YMMV in the end. You should try it on Bonitinha.

mrslid

Yes, if you are lucky enough to be near a counter definatley give it a try. It may work totally different for you.

Ingenue

Got the Blush/Highligher. LOVE! Love it more than I did in the store (I think the light really ate up the color). It's really an unexpected shade of rose/plum. I'm happy.

sailordom

I saw this collection out at Nordies when I went in for the mascara deal (I fell in love with the Inimitable Intense from a sample, and the two-for-three deal made me feel not so guilty about spending that much on mascara as it worked out to a price per tube I'm used to).

I already had an appointment for the beauty event in two weeks, but the SA did a presale for me so I can get what I want that day. I passed on the quad; I bought Enigma earlier this week, and I really didn't think I needed both. Plus, silvery-blue shades don't often play nicely on my very warm skin. I'm getting Stunt (so excited for this; it looks really lovely), the highlight powder and one nail polish (Strong).

I'm really looking forward to my appointment now! Can't wait for my goodies!

Miss QQ

^^ We all love the powder! Enjoy your goodies!
smiles.gif

I swatched the tester again when I was at the counter yesterday, partly to convince myself that I made the right decision to skip the quad.
lol.gif
So I thought perhaps the two light shades may not show up on me, and even if they do, I won't use the quad often. Ingenue, now I know what you mean by the silver shade being blue. When the quad was left under the strong lights on the counter, the silvery shades was silver blue! Initially I thought, is that a new quad? Definitely saw the blue undertones! But when I swatched it, the shade was silver on me.

Ingenue

^^ We all love the powder! Enjoy your goodies!
smiles.gif

I swatched the tester again when I was at the counter yesterday, partly to convince myself that I made the right decision to skip the quad.
lol.gif
So I thought perhaps the two light shades may not show up on me, and even if they do, I won't use the quad often. Ingenue, now I know what you mean by the silver shade being blue. When the quad was left under the strong lights on the counter, the silvery shades was silver blue! Initially I thought, is that a new quad? Definitely saw the blue undertones! But when I swatched it, the shade was silver on me.
Yeah, I have to be careful with undertones. I'll swatch something and it'll look one way in the store and COMPLETELY different in natural light.

elib067

Just an FYI I know know the Chanel counter in Belk (Greensboro, NC Friendly Shopping Center) just got the Soho collection in. You can probably call them if you need anything!

Ingenue

Checked out the display at Nordies for SOHO. I even swatched the quad again (JUST in case!) and it's still a no go. I want a backup of Stunt though. The manager hates it (it goes muddy on her... she's fair and blonde) but it's just perfect for me.
yes.gif

mrslid

I finally got a message today from a US counter that just got SOHO in ( a MUA connection). They have Stunt and Stunning on hold for me. They can finally be mine!!! Unless shipping is insanely expensive. THey said they could ship to me but I have yet to get a hold of her to nail everything down. I'm very fair. Do you think Stunt will look muddy on me? I was worried about it looking too dark purple on me since my fairness seems to intensify everything. I hate not being able to try or see stuff at a counter!!! UGH!

elib067

I finally got a message today from a US counter that just got SOHO in ( a MUA connection). They have Stunt and Stunning on hold for me. They can finally be mine!!! Unless shipping is insanely expensive. THey said they could ship to me but I have yet to get a hold of her to nail everything down. I'm very fair. Do you think Stunt will look muddy on me? I was worried about it looking too dark purple on me since my fairness seems to intensify everything. I hate not being able to try or see stuff at a counter!!! UGH!

I didn't try Stunt on but I swatched it on my hand and all I can say is it was very mauvey (I'm pale too). But for some reason colors that you wouldn't think have a mauve undertone, I will find it and pull it out. I personally really like mauve colors though.

MaryJane

Does anyone know if the Soho highlighter/blush is similar to Rose Dust JC blush? I swatched the highlighter/blush and really liked it.

elegant-one

Does anyone know if the Soho highlighter/blush is similar to Rose Dust JC blush? I swatched the highlighter/blush and really liked it.
I don't think so, but then its been awhile since I've seen RD. I love the highlighter blush especially the stone/vanilla color high on my cheekbones etc.

MaryJane

I don't think so, but then its been awhile since I've seen RD. I love the highlighter blush especially the stone/vanilla color high on my cheekbones etc.

Thanks. I've already called my Macy's and they are holding a highlighter blush and stunt for me. $65 is alot but I figured since it's a blush AND highlighter it's 2 products in one.

Bonitinha

How does Rose Dust swatch? I have a medium skin tone and I wondered if it would show up on me. The color sounded so gorgeous (pink with silver flecks)!

Miss QQ

I wore the powder with Imprevu JC and I love it. Very natural and sophisticated looking, and not plain.