Chanel Soho Collection - LE Fall 2010

mrslid

I love the Soho powder too. Actually Temptalia mentioned on her site that the volume of product in the powder is pretty substantial so price per/oz is actually really good....that made me feel better ;-)

mrslid

I feel sick. My package arrived from my new Chanel SA in the US with Stunning, Stunt and Paradoxyl n/p. I had to pay the UPS chick $44.53 to collect my package!!! I'm totally fine with paying the duty and taxes which was $14.53 but the jerks at UPS charged a $30 brokerage fee!!! There is no way Macy's should be using UPS to ship international. They have THE WORST system for this. I think I'm going to throw upI That means my Stunning RC for example basically just cost me $46. I just paid $130 for 2 lipsticks and a nail polish
sick.gif

Miss QQ

That is a lot of money for just 3 things!
th_cheerup.gif
Try to get someone to CP for you next time if it is possible.

mrslid

Yes it is A LOT of money!! Keep in mind our dollar is on par with the US right now. I need a US CP buddy so badly! It's ridiculous how much I keep having to spend. I think I'm about to dish out $43 to get Riva :-(

bis

mrslid, I am sorry to hear that. That's why I never order anything abroad that is not sent w/ USPS. For companies sadly USPS is too much effort and the couriers less hassle.
Hope you find someone, things like this kill the joy makeup brings.

mrslid

I always order from Neiman Marcus because they are fabulous. They us Fed Ex and they handle the paperwork and don't charge any brokerage fees and the shipping is FREE and FAST. Love them! But Neiman Marcus is missing a lot of Chanel. They barely carry any JCs for instance and they obviously don't get some of the exclusive items which leaves me resorting to other avenues. I really wanted to find a US SA to deal with so I could get samples etc but I cannot continue to deal with her if they use UPS. I'm so sad ;-(

mrslid

Well I've tried Stunt and Stunning. Stunning is nice but not terribly exciting. I'll have to play with it more. I didn't actually even look at it on in a full mirror yet...just my compact at work so we'll see.

Stunt definately looks BAD on me with a full application. Kind of like the colour of a black eye on my lips against my fair skin LOL.
It does however look really lovely blotted down with a bit of the ADORABLE Mini Mica Glossimer sample I got on top!!

bis

Great to hear your purchases were not a total bust. From what I read Stunt was hit or miss with a lot of people, great to hear you can wear it as a stain.

Camnagem

I'm glad you found a way to make it work, and how cute that you got a mini glossimer!

Stunt didn't work for me at all! I didn't try the stain/sheered out method, but I really doubt that would have helped. It looked like I had been stranded out in the forest and had to survive eating tree bark and sap or something. Not a good look for me, lol.

switchblade

I got Stunning recently and it's exactly the same color as my lips! It's nice but a bit underwhelming, doesn't add anything but helps even it out, I guess. It's good to pair with strong eye makeup looks.

I'm still curious about Stunt. I wonder if it would be too dark/brown on my NC30 skintone? I'm afraid it won't look good on me so I still can't make myself purchase it. Hopefully I could work out a swap for it or something so I won't feel too bad if I'm disappointed.

mrslid

I'm glad you found a way to make it work, and how cute that you got a mini glossimer!

Stunt didn't work for me at all! I didn't try the stain/sheered out method, but I really doubt that would have helped. It looked like I had been stranded out in the forest and had to survive eating tree bark and sap or something. Not a good look for me, lol.

LMAO!! Yup that pretty much describes my look! I don't know whether wearing it as a light stain under something else justifies the almost $49 the bloody thing cost me. I think maybe I should try to sell/swap it. UGH what a pain!

bis

girlhaha.gif
I should hire you whenever I want to be talked out of something, you made me so happy that I did not get the opportunity to buy Stunt, you wouldn't believe.
Can you do that with Riva for me, please ;)

bis

Chanel makes it hard for us. I have a babyblue polish from Illamasqua and it has to do. The review helps. Plus it is easier for me as Europe seems to get it only in exclusive locations.
In her swatches the glowy Chanel-goodness for specialness is not coming through. Still, I would be sorely tempted if it was easier to get
blush-anim-cl.gif

Let me know if you want some help in talking yourself out of it :)

Camnagem

girlhaha.gif
I should hire you whenever I want to be talked out of something, you made me so happy that I did not get the opportunity to buy Stunt, you wouldn't believe.
Can you do that with Riva for me, please ;)
Yes! I'll even work for free...or for some cookies. You know, whatever is easier.
lol.gif

No can do on Riva, sorry boss. I'm crazy in love with that polish and can't wait to get it! It looks like a mix of gorgeous tropical waters and a blue raspberry ICEE drink, so I MUST have it!

bis

No can do on Riva, sorry boss. I'm crazy in love with that polish and can't wait to get it! It looks like a mix of gorgeous tropical waters and a blue raspberry ICEE drink, so I MUST have it!

Will cheesecake do? ;)

And about Riva
getyou.gif
I will stay strong, you watch me.
smiles.gif

Camnagem

Will cheesecake do? ;)
And about Riva
getyou.gif
I will stay strong, you watch me.
smiles.gif
Cheesecake works!!!
yummy.gif

I have a Color Club baby blue polish that I really like but it's pigment has separated in the bottle and always comes out uneven now. It's not old, and I shake all of my polishes every other week, so it's a bummer for me. I'm really excited to get Riva to replace that funky bottle, and for other reasons too!

If you have a similar color and the formula works for you I think you're safe.
angelic.gif

mrslid

Figures...after spending $130 getting my hands on Stunt, Stunning and Paradoxyl now Soho collection is up on Neiman Marcus online. So for anyone that may be interested they're in the drop boxes now ;-)