Chanel Sophisticated Eye Collection

Winthrop44

From Karla:

http://karlasugar.net/2011/06/sneak-peek-chanel-sophisticated-eye-collection/

I guess we're not getting the Sublime de Chanel mascara then...the one that cafemakeup raved about when she tried it in Paris? Sigh. Well, at least we'll be getting Fauve and a Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Taupe! All the more reason for me to skip the Khaki liner fom fall.

Here's just the chart in case you have problems with the link above:

http://karlasugar.net/2011/06/sneak...chanel-sophisticated-eye-collection-swatches/

Miss QQ

So this is the collection that is recently launched at my counter, together with Inimitable Extreme mascara (only in black)! It is a little different, we don't have vanites, since it is a perm quad here, and we don't have the mascaras too. We have marine e/l, Ivory e/s (instead of Lily) and 5 colours of the new brow pencils (10 to 50). The lash primer was already launched for us last year (with the curler) and it is also repromoted in this collection.

Is taupe e/l must have? I really like how it looks when I swatched it.

Winthrop44

We haven't seen this collection here yet, so can't comment on the liner...but I'm betting I'll love it.

bis

[quote name="Winthrop44" url="/forum/thread/175704/chanel-sophisticated-eye-collection#post_2130876"] From Karla:

http://karlasugar.net/2011/06/sneak-peek-chanel-sophisticated-eye-collection/

I guess we're not getting the Sublime de Chanel mascara then...the one that cafemakeup raved about when she tried it in Paris? Sigh. Well, at least we'll be getting Fauve and a Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Taupe! All the more reason for me to skip the Khaki liner fom fall.

Here's just the chart in case you have problems with the link above:

http://karlasugar.net/2011/06/sneak-peek-chanel-sophisticated-eye-collection/chanel-sophisticated-eye-collection-swatches/

[/quote] That sounds like the Soulful Eyes collection with a different name, minus Vanités. Like for MissQQ, the quad is perm here. I am still eyeing Lagon, great dusty blues, but not sure if I will wear it enough, I never wear my Bleu Celestes. :dunno:

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm not sure, but I think that most of these products are in Canada already and I'm certain I saw them in a display a while back.

kanne

^I think they would be. It was released internationally a little while ago, I think we got it here in Australia about a month back, but we also got the mascara.

bis

[quote name="Miss QQ" url="/forum/thread/175704/chanel-sophisticated-eye-collection#post_2132239"]

Do you like Taupe eyeliner?

[/quote] Sorry, did not try it. :)

Miss QQ

I swatched Taupe eyeliner today and I like it, I think it will go well with Fauve. So I wanted to pick up Fauve at this counter, as the department store was having promotions, and it was out of stock too! I can't believe it is so popular! In the end, I called the counter which I was at last week and their new stocks have arrived, so I finally asked them to reserve one for me, but they will only keep it until Saturday as "stocks are limited". Looks like I can't make use of any of the promotions to get Fauve lol.

My counter is repromoting the coloured Exceptionnel mascaras instead, since we don't have Inimatable Intense at all.

bis

^^^ Sounds like Fauve is playing hard to get ;) But still so worth it I believe. Hope you can get it, and maybe the honour the points?

Ikram

the vanites quad doesnt seem to have good reviews due to low pigmentation.

Anybody has that?

Shypo

I have Vanites - I used it quite a bit when I first got it (on its first release) but I never reach for it anymore. The colors end up being somewhat muddy on me. I like the darkest shade the best, but the others are just sort of blah. They're warmer purples.

bis

[quote name="Miss QQ" url="/forum/thread/175704/chanel-sophisticated-eye-collection#post_2134662"] I finally got my hands on Fauve. Gorgeous, I can't wait to wear it. :)
[/quote] :bigthumb: Cannot wait to hear what you think of it :)

devoted2makeup

Ok, so now I will be stalking strawberrynet.com hoping for Fauve to come back in stock soon! This is the #1 item on my wish list!

devoted2makeup

No, I know I'm just being impatient for it. I've been told by some European bloggers that have swatched this that the color is "gritty" due to its microglitter. That really turns me off, I hope by some miracle that the US version will be more silky in texture.