closed up piercings?

mzreyes

Hey guys and girls.. I was thinking of getting a monroe piercing (is that the correct terminology? lol). And I was wondering what it would look like when someday, if I have to take it out for professional purposes, if its all closed up. Can anyone tell me, or better yet, have a picture of what it would look like? If you have pics of other closed up piercings that would be great. (None below the belt though. lol!!) Thanks!

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzreyes
Hey guys and girls.. I was thinking of getting a monroe piercing (is that the correct terminology? lol). And I was wondering what it would look like when someday, if I have to take it out for professional purposes, if its all closed up. Can anyone tell me, or better yet, have a picture of what it would look like? If you have pics of other closed up piercings that would be great. (None below the belt though. lol!!) Thanks!

It depends on how your body heals on what it will look like. Some people can heal up with out a mark and other can get keloids and other types of scaring. If you have any scars on your body it'll look like that just as a small circle.

mzreyes

oh I see.. I have a scar on my arm, from a really bad scratch, and it's just a bit lighter than my skin color. I guess that's not bad. thank you!

amoona

I used to have a Monroe piercing and I took it out cuz my grandmother was going to have a heart attack over it lol. I took it out and there's no mark at all. I only had it in for like a year but I guess everyone's body is different. I scare really badly though haha, my legs are all banged up so I thought I'd have a scare but nobody knows it was there unless I say something.

Urbana

i dont like it
ssad.gif

Beauty Mark

The scars from piercings vary greatly on many factors. However, I've never seen a scar that looks terrible (a slight discoloring of the skin is the worst I've seen), unless they went to a crappy piercer and didn't take care of themselves

mzreyes

Thanks so much for the replies girls.. I'm not gonna get it anytime soon though.. The idea just came to me yesterday so I have to think about it for a bit. lol..

mistella

I used to have a monroe and I have a scar. It's not that noticeable but if I point it out you can see it. It's really just a slight indent. I dont really notice it and it doesn't bother me
smiles.gif

Oh, if you go to my profile & see my profile picture you can see it, it's on my right. I doubt you can see it.... but I can see it haha

asnbrb

i have a closed naval ring and I scar super easily. The dog had clawed it by accident and it ripped up slightly so I took it out and now it has a keloid.
ssad.gif

Willa

I got one monroe on a ''coup de tête'' (without thinking about the results, consequences...) and removed it after 3 weeks because I had to change job and stuff.

No scar, no nothing.
The only thing is that it probably touched a nerve because when I touch my gum under the place where it was, it feels like I'm touching many places...
lol.gif
hard to explain

mzreyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistella
I used to have a monroe and I have a scar. It's not that noticeable but if I point it out you can see it. It's really just a slight indent. I dont really notice it and it doesn't bother me
smiles.gif

Oh, if you go to my profile & see my profile picture you can see it, it's on my right. I doubt you can see it.... but I can see it haha

I can sorta see it, but it's really not that noticable
smiles.gif

mzreyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by asnbrb
i have a closed naval ring and I scar super easily. The dog had clawed it by accident and it ripped up slightly so I took it out and now it has a keloid.
ssad.gif

ouch
ssad.gif
I had my belly button pierced, it was in for a year I think, so it was healed. Then my dad made me take it because he said I looked like a whore. And probably a year later, I was trying to put the ring back in, and with a few pushes it slipped right through
clap.gif

mzreyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
when I touch my gum under the place where it was, it feels like I'm touching many places...
lol.gif
hard to explain

hehhe.. thats funny
rofl.gif

triccc

I never had a monroe piercing, but I did have my labret and my lip pierced. My labret was only in for a few months and I don't see any scar from it.. my lip I had for 3 years, and since it is right under my lip the mark is unnoticable. it's just a little dot. I can actually still put in the ring...I haven't had it in for about a year now.

SerenityRaine

I had mine about 5 months, when I went out the stupid screw popped off when I was out at a club. I couldn't find a small enough stud in time and I didn't feel like getting it pierced again. The indentation isn't as bad now as it was when I first took it out. It bothered me at first but now its not as visible. Theres always laser - they fix acne scars that are deeper than the mark of a monroe so they should be able to smooth over it.

MisStarrlight

I had a nose ring for a year or two. It's been out for just over a year now & you really have to look closely to see any sort of scar...and even then, it's just a tiny dot that looks like a larger pore. If I put any makeup on it fills right in.