Counterfeit pigments on eBay from UK - think*beauty

JediFarfy

Gross! Fuzz?! Did they sweep it off the carpet?! Thanks for these pictures and info. They helped me find some good stuff that looks legit.
smiles.gif

COCOpuffz

Ahh damn that sucks ! Thanks for warning us even though I'm not an ebay buyer . Why is her account still running though ? They need to shut that down ASAP !

DaizyDeath

o jeeze thats such an obvious fake!

and the response she gave u man the nerve of her!
she says she doesnt list them as being genuine MAC but yet she still sells them under the MAC name so thats tricking the buyer and having shavings of plastic and lint inside the container somebody could definitly get hurt.

stuff like this is why i dont buy off ebay luckly i have a pro store and a cco very close to me so i dont need to.

DaizyDeath

she says she doesnt list them as being genuine MAC but yet she still sells them under the MAC name so thats tricking the buyer and having shavings of plastic and lint inside the container somebody could definitly get hurt.

stuff like this is why i dont buy off ebay luckly i have a pro store and a cco very close to me so i dont need to.

toby1

Well there's not even a freestanding store in my area and the nearest CCO is a 3 hour round trip
ssad.gif
But I only purchase backup powder products from EBAY so that I have an authentic items to compare with Quote:
Originally Posted by DaizyDeath

toby1

angry.gif
Well after I asked Think*Beauty repeatedly not to resell the pigments I was returning, she did just that. Now she's upset that I left her negative fb for every pigment I purchased. She states that she didn't know the pigments were fake until I told her, well we know that's not true since Caff8me emailed her before I had received her items. Also that she cares about her reputation yet she relisted the fake pigments exactly as they were listed when I purchased them and does not make any mention that they are fake anywhere in the listings!

Henna_Spirit

i emailed the buyers, gave them a link to specktra and the link to your pics with proof.... and let's hope that the buyers are smart enough not to buy it... or buy it and actually see that they are fake and complain about it..

toby1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna_Spirit
i emailed the buyers, gave them a link to specktra and the link to your pics with proof.... and let's hope that the buyers are smart enough not to buy it... or buy it and actually see that they are fake and complain about it..

Thank you very much that was actually on my To Do list today. I also emailed the seller telling her exactly why I left negative feedback even though she provided me with a refund I felt it was irresponsible of her to continue selling those items when she was made aware they were counterfeit especially since she did not bother to change the wording of her listings so people would know they were purchasing fakes and that usage of them was at their own risk
th_remoteImage-61.gif

caffn8me

It's actually a criminal offence to sell counterfeit products here in the UK so now that she knows the products are fake she shouldn't sell them. I also have confirmation that the Diorshow mascaras she's sold dozens of are fake too. Simply describing counterfeit products on eBay as "copies" breaks eBay rules as well as the law.

The first picture attached below is the fake Diorshow mascara followed by the real mascara. The lettering on the upper part which forms the logo is totally different.

toby1

She also has Benefit, Lancome, and Bobbi Brown items are any of them real?? I wish others would leave her the appropriate feedback it's very frustrating to see how high her rating is
ssad.gif

shmoopy

I have to tell you - I checked the counterfeit mac thread b/c I was suspicious that my coco pigment I bought from think*beauty was fake b/c i didn't see a name on the bottom. Well, guess what? i believe I have the very pigment jar and box Toby1 took pictures of. think*beauty sent it to me. I can tell b/c the placement of the stickers on the box and the bottom of the jar are in exactly the same spot.

I emailed think*beauty and told her it was fake and want my $ back plus shipping. I will post more after I get a response from her!

This is how she replied:
"I am so sorry about this! Please send back to me. I will of course refund you fully including shipping cost."

beautymarkd

If I can't swatch it, spread it, wear it, compare it in person. I don't want it. Besides, I don't like waiting for shipping, especially for my M*A*C BECAUSE I WANT IT NOW DAMNIT!
mac_addict.gif
mac_atemywallet.gif
mac_lipstick.gif

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Seller: think*beauty
Seller location: UK
Site: eBay
Store: Only M·A·C items - All health & beauty - All items

Items identified as counterfeit:
Notes:
Poor printing alignment on boxes​
Typographical and font errors on box. The first "/" on box after NET WT. is vertical on many of the boxes - compare it with the second "/" after 7.5g
The font used for the weights is not bold enough​
The vertical distance between PIGMENT and the hole on the front is too great on most boxes.​
Seller added further counterfeit items to eBay after being notified products were counterfeit.​
Items above reported to eBay and seller as counterfeit 17 Sep 2006​
Newly added items reported to eBay as counterfeit 20 Sep 2006​
Further items added and reported to eBay 21 Sep 2006​
Seller advised pigments are counterfeit by me and by toby1 who purchased them and still lists new pigments.​
Pictures:

Holy freaking hell! You put a lot of work into breaking this. Are you sure you're human and not a comp?
yes.gif