Customer Complaints at your store!

girloflowers

is coming up to the counter and browsing and sighing longingly at the makeup artists considered wierd/retarded?

i do it by accident sometimes (because im so desperate to be one of you >.<)
I mean, i've only been to a mac counter about 4 times but.. OH GOD YOU GUYS ARE SO COOL

//fangirl rant

sorry >.<

Artphr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
A girl at my ocunter had a woman in her late fifties or so ask her to do her makeup just like she had hers. So she used all of the same colors. At the end the lady started screaming at her that she didn't look like her and that you could still see her wrinkles. That she would not buy anything next time if it didn't turn out like she wanted it. Then she filed a formal complaint. Hello lady you're 60 and the girl that did your makeup is 20....

I get that all the time when i go to photoshoots :/ from girls with acne. And I really have nothing against acne, but if you have acne, and I don't, my makeup is definitely going to look different.

Same thing with girls that don't fix their eyebrows (overpluck / let them run wild) and have extremely chapped lips (the lipstick sticks to the little flakies and its disgusting), facial hair... very unflattering.

glamdoll

I had a customer complain that my lipstick was too red. Then I had a lady that said my makeup was too loud.

um wow.

The worst one was this hispanic lady who refused help from other 2 associates cus one was asian and the other black. She was fluent english, but she went on to speak to me in spanish only to insult them.

ugh.

GreekChick

Ahh, the same thing happened to me! This old mentality greek woman wanted me and only me to help her, and was talking badly about my fellow artists in greek. She was saying "Ohh thank GOD they're not doing my makeup! Look at what she's wearing *points to coworker*, how slutty!". Ugh.
I hate those type of mentalities! I felt like letting her walk away with a clown face!

VioletB

Oooooh I got one.. this is totally awesome.

So one day I'm working, and the only two at my counter was myself and my counter manager. And we wear REALLY REALLY slow. So this girl walks up to me and says "I use Equalizer foundation in (insert color here) and I think it's just a teeny bit too dark for me. Could you show me one shade lighter?"

Sure!! NO problem!

SO we walk over to where all the foundations are and I swipe one shade lighter on a q-tip and hand it to her. She looks at the q-tip, looks at me, and she THROWS THE Q-TIP (seriously!) and storms off saying "NEVERMIND!"

I was like WTF just happened??

So my counter manager comes back from getting something in the stockroom and asks me if I got a sale. I was telling her that I wasn't sure what just happened when this girl comes back with my STORE MANAGER and says "Oh look, now they are even talking about me!!" I was like oh my gosh, what the hell..? So my store manager proceeds to tell me that the customer is upset with me because "I am the professional" and she wanted to be able to sit down and have her face done. She didn't even imply that she wanted a consultation with me! She just asked me to show her one shade lighter!! So to make it even more awkward than it was before, I take the girl back over to the foundations and show her foundation, this time actually putting it on her. (Without trying to show the steam coming out my ears) Then she buys the foundation and tells me that she is sorry she just had a bad day. Well thanks for taking your bad day out on me and getting me into deep shit with the store manager for no reason!!

I seriously RAN up to the store managers office to explain my point of view and get off her shitlist even though she hated me anyway. It's cool now cause she's retired.
smiles.gif

HOWEVER I got my revenge.

I used to wait tables part time, and do cosmetics part time. So it just so happens that lo and behold!! This girl and her date get seated in my section! LOL When I went to their table to greet them her eyes were frozen wide at me. I was like HELL YES THIS IS AWESOME. Their food took WAY too long, they didn't get refills on their drinks NOT ONCE and it took forever for me to cash out their table! Little to my surprise, she didn't complain about my poor service at the restaurant at all.
th_roll1.gif

AND she still tipped me!!!!

swedyn08

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB

So one day I'm working, and the only two at my counter was myself and my counter manager. And we wear REALLY REALLY slow. So this girl walks up to me and says "I use Equalizer foundation in (insert color here) and I think it's just a teeny bit too dark for me. Could you show me one shade lighter?"

Sure!! NO problem!

SO we walk over to where all the foundations are and I swipe one shade lighter on a q-tip and hand it to her. She looks at the q-tip, looks at me, and she THROWS THE Q-TIP (seriously!) and storms off saying "NEVERMIND!"

So my counter manager comes back from getting something in the stockroom and asks me if I got a sale. I was telling her that I wasn't sure what just happened when this girl comes back with my STORE MANAGER and says "Oh look, now they are even talking about me!!" I was like oh my gosh, what the hell..? So my store manager proceeds to tell me that the customer is upset with me because "I am the professional" and she wanted to be able to sit down and have her face done. She didn't even imply that she wanted a consultation with me! She just asked me to show her one shade lighter!! So to make it even more awkward than it was before, I take the girl back over to the foundations and show her foundation, this time actually putting it on her. (Without trying to show the steam coming out my ears) Then she buys the foundation and tells me that she is sorry she just had a bad day. Well thanks for taking your bad day out on me and getting me into deep shit with the store manager for no reason!!

I seriously RAN up to the store managers office to explain my point of view and get off her shitlist even though she hated me anyway. It's cool now cause she's retired.
smiles.gif

I used to wait tables part time, and do cosmetics part time. So it just so happens that lo and behold!! This girl and her date get seated in my section! LOL When I went to their table to greet them her eyes were frozen wide at me. I was like HELL YES THIS IS AWESOME. Their food took WAY too long, they didn't get refills on their drinks NOT ONCE and it took forever for me to cash out their table! Little to my surprise, she didn't complain about my poor service at the restaurant at all.
th_roll1.gif

You're amazing. In Seattle, everyone works at Starbucks. Don't piss off the person who makes your coffee EVERY day.

lara

A short play in one act

Angry woman: Do you know if this department store has incredibly obscure brand mumble mumble mumble?
Me: Can you repeat the brand? I didn't quite catch that.
Angry woman: INCREDIBLY OBSCURE BRAND. God.
Me: I can't say that I'm familiar with it, but you can always try [location a, location b or enquire at location c].
smiles.gif

Angry woman: Christ, is there anyone here who might know? HUFF, HUFF.
Me: The girls at [location c] are usually pretty good at finding out where Myer keeps their smaller brands, they'll be able to help you.
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

Angry woman: God, how fucking rude! Everyone here is so fucking rude, you're rude, this is just ridiculous, HUFF HUFF HUFF [Storms off]
Me: Have a great day!
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

Angry woman: I'M GOING TO HAVE YOU FIRED.

Kill 'em with smiles, that's my new motto.

mae13

LOL! After 7 years in retail, I've decided I love the flat-out crazy ones. They make for the best stories. (Decades from now, I'll still be talking about the customer who was convinced cats caused MS and that vets were in on it.)

And I agree, the only way to deal with bitchy and irrational customers is to pour sugar all over their heads.

beauty_marked

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB

Sure!! NO problem!

smiles.gif

th_roll1.gif

OMG can you say that KARMA IS A BITCH!!!!

thewickedstyle

I know you ladies need to come on here to vent, but I just want to say that every time I go to MAC, the MAs are nothing but so nice and pleasant and friendly. Even when it's busy (like at Heatherette the other day), the girls always chit chat with me and are so helpful. I usually hate shopping in stores for anything because it's so aggravating, but I love going to MAC. So even though you get the rude psychos, know that most of your customers really appreciate you!

boudoirblonde

Wow the racist ones are horrible
ssad.gif

I used to work at Chicken Treat (yes, eww I know!) and I was on drive thru. Our drive thru was one of the ones where you have to talk into a speaker box. It was pretty late and we were quiet, this is what happened;

Me: Welcome to Chicken Treat, please place your order when you're ready
Man: mumble mumble mumble chicken
Me: Sorry, could you please repeat that?
Man: *LOUD SIGH* *SHOUTS* MUMBLE MUMBLE WHOLE CHICKEN
Me: So, were you after a whole chicken or the chicken family meal?
Man: GOD *drives off* *arrives at window*
Me: Sorry, I couldn't hear you very well, I think we are having trouble with our speakerbox
Man: ARE YOU BRAINDEAD? ARE YOU JUST COMPLETELY STUPID? I COME IN HERE AND ALL I WANT IS A FUCKIN WHOLE CHICKEN AND I GET SOME FUCKING DEAD BEAT ATTENDANT
Me: Please do not speak to me like that sir
Man: *CONTINUES SWEARING*
Me: I'm going to get my manager

So I go and get my manager, and Im almost in tears by this point. It was HORRIBLE. Most people are happy to repeat their order, CLEARLY so you get it right and they get the right food, but god, this man was the WORST customer I have EVER encountered
ssad.gif
SO horrible

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla2120
This past weekend some lady starts laying into a freelancer about how wrong it is that we don't give a GWP, at first I tried to stay out of it, but the lady was being so nasty that I finally went over & explained that no MAC does not offer a GWP, because they believe in spending that extra money on people who truly need it & went on to tell her about the Viva Glam fund & about Kids Helping Kids during Christmas time etc. She didn't care! And started saying that "That's all nice, but customers need things too." She was so ignorant & rude that I finally had to walk away because my blood was boiling & I knew if I was around her for a few more seconds that I would probably say something that would get me fired. People are always complaining that we don't give a GWP, but when I explain to them about the MAC charities they always understand & let it go. This is the first time that I have had someone basically tell me that them getting a free gift was more important than the things that MAC does for people suffering with HIV. People never cease to amaze me with their ignorance.

You know, I don't even know what to say about that. When did this entitlement thing get so out of hand? Why do people get so angry at us about the lack of GWP when we have no authority to make that kind of decision for the company? Even if that lady did get a GWP, she probably try to return it anyway. What a jerk.

And boudoirblonde...it never ceases to amaze me that people still have the balls to mess with people that prepare their food...ha ha.

User67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
You know, I don't even know what to say about that. When did this entitlement thing get so out of hand? Why do people get so angry at us about the lack of GWP when we have no authority to make that kind of decision for the company? Even if that lady did get a GWP, she probably try to return it anyway. What a jerk.

And boudoirblonde...it never ceases to amaze me that people still have the balls to mess with people that prepare their food...ha ha.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla2120
A total jerk! I have been a make-up maniac since I was a teenager & I have shopped every brand from Clinique, to Dior to Lancome & of course I have had a love affair with MAC for the past several years & me working for them now has just made my obsession come full circle. But, back to the point. In all my years has a cosmetic shopper, never once have I ever expected or asked for a free gift. If I got one, I considered it a nice gesture & would just usually pass it on to a family member because I knew I wouldn't use the stuff. Asking where "My free gift is." is so greedy & just shows how low class these people are. Buy a product because you like the quality, not just because you want to get something for free. Oh & while we are on this topic, I can't stand the people who participate in the B2M program only to say "I give you 6 containers & all I get is 1 lipstick? What a rip off!" I try to explain to them that it's just our way of thanking them for recylcing & doing their part to help the enviorment. But, those particular customers always seem to walk away feeling that they have somehow been cheated. They are giving us their trash & we are giving them a brand new item for free. How exactly are they losing out?

B2M=GWP! And the best thing is they get to pick the color!
th_DANCE.gif
You are right, I have received many GWP that I knew I wouldn't wear, but I appreciated it.

"What a ripoff"? "You are right...here, just take the whole rack of lipsticks home."

lara

I work for a group that doesn't do GWP and sometimes it's really hard to find a placating answer as to why I'm not giving someone a fugly pink make-up bag filled with trial-sized bottles of off moisturiser and brown lipstick. It particularly sucks that I'm located right next to Clinique who are always in GWP!

My stock answer is 'we don't do any old GWP because we like to customise and couture the samples you receive', which usually placates people (we're a sampling-heavy company, it's almost de rigeur with every purchase). If someone is really pushing it I tell them that 'the gift you've received with your purchase was my undivided time and attention to your needs'. I always thought the last one would get me into trouble, but my Big!Boss heard me say that one day and loved it.
greengrin.gif

I usually refuse the GWP or put it straight into the charity bin. What am I going to do with a bottle of Dramatically Different moisturiser or a bottle of Pleasures?

beauty_marked

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudoirblonde
Wow the racist ones are horrible
ssad.gif

I used to work at Chicken Treat (yes, eww I know!) and I was on drive thru. Our drive thru was one of the ones where you have to talk into a speaker box. It was pretty late and we were quiet, this is what happened;

Me: Welcome to Chicken Treat, please place your order when you're ready
Man: mumble mumble mumble chicken
Me: Sorry, could you please repeat that?
Man: *LOUD SIGH* *SHOUTS* MUMBLE MUMBLE WHOLE CHICKEN
Me: So, were you after a whole chicken or the chicken family meal?
Man: GOD *drives off* *arrives at window*
Me: Sorry, I couldn't hear you very well, I think we are having trouble with our speakerbox
Man: ARE YOU BRAINDEAD? ARE YOU JUST COMPLETELY STUPID? I COME IN HERE AND ALL I WANT IS A FUCKIN WHOLE CHICKEN AND I GET SOME FUCKING DEAD BEAT ATTENDANT
Me: Please do not speak to me like that sir
Man: *CONTINUES SWEARING*
Me: I'm going to get my manager

So I go and get my manager, and Im almost in tears by this point. It was HORRIBLE. Most people are happy to repeat their order, CLEARLY so you get it right and they get the right food, but god, this man was the WORST customer I have EVER encountered
ssad.gif
SO horrible

And that my friend is the exact time for you yo hock up a good one and spit in their food.

damn im so nasty but I HATE A*HOLE PEOPLE

christineeee_

i work at a grocery store and i get complaints all the time. once this lady freaked out on me because her gum scanned 2 cents more then it had appeared on the label so i called for a price check and those things take forever...the grocery clerk tells me the price is the more expensive price so i tell the lady the price and ask her if she still wanted it and she still bought it.

this other lady came in and wanted to do a refund on an empty carton of milk that had apparently gone bad, but we don't do refunds on parishables and even if we did she had no proof that it was bad because the carton was EMPTY. if u want a refund on something, don't throw away the evidence or don't try to scam ppl for $3.

this other lady bought tomatoes, went home and made pasta sauce and when she ate it she said the tomatoes were rotten so she came back with containers of pasta sauce she made and said the tomatoes she bought were rotten, then she told one of the managers to taste it. ok, first of all, how do u buy rotten tomatoes? don't u check ur tomatoes before u buy them? second of all, how do u use rotten tomatoes to make pasta sauce? wouldn't u notice the tomatoes are rotten when u cut them up?

ok last story...last weekend, i was scanning this lady's groceries and her total came to $30 and she freaked out on me asking me how her total was $30 and she bitched and complained and said "how is it $30? this is $1, this is $1, this is $1" i checked over her receipt and everything went in correctly and i told her if she added everything up it would come to $30. so she kept bitching at me and mumbling to herself and tried to calculate everything. she said all her things were $1 but they weren't. some things were $1/lb, $1.49/lb, etc. and she still bitched and complained. The pharmacist was the next customer in line and she went over and explained to her again that everything wasn't $1 and that some things were $1/lb. The lady finally shut up and left.

User67

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
What am I going to do with a bottle of Dramatically Different moisturiser or a bottle of Pleasures?