Customer Complaints at your store!

Dark_Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla2120
Exactly! It's not like you get this amazing free gift anyway, it's usually a tiny sample of face cream, a vial of some smelly perfume & maybe a tiny lipstick in the ugliest shade you can imagine. But, I guess as along as they are getting something for *Free* they will be happy. You could probably wrap a pair of old dirty socks & give it to them & they would take it because it's the *Free gift* LOL!

I like some of the GWP's I've gotten with Clinique. Like the loose powder that I now like.
I'm not crazy about them but if I need moisturizer or some other stuff then I'll wait until they have a free gift before I purchase. It's all released when they do it so I don't get why people are constantly asking for free gifts (hello, giant sign that says "Clinique Bonus Time" or the multiple advertisements, sheesh).

But I totally agree that B2M is way better than the GWP. Shame they don't apply it to all Estee Lauder subsidiaries.

Mandaz_Diamondz

Quote:
Originally Posted by christineeee_
i work at a grocery store and i get complaints all the time. once this lady freaked out on me because her gum scanned 2 cents more then it had appeared on the label so i called for a price check and those things take forever...the grocery clerk tells me the price is the more expensive price so i tell the lady the price and ask her if she still wanted it and she still bought it.

this other lady came in and wanted to do a refund on an empty carton of milk that had apparently gone bad, but we don't do refunds on parishables and even if we did she had no proof that it was bad because the carton was EMPTY. if u want a refund on something, don't throw away the evidence or don't try to scam ppl for $3.

this other lady bought tomatoes, went home and made pasta sauce and when she ate it she said the tomatoes were rotten so she came back with containers of pasta sauce she made and said the tomatoes she bought were rotten, then she told one of the managers to taste it. ok, first of all, how do u buy rotten tomatoes? don't u check ur tomatoes before u buy them? second of all, how do u use rotten tomatoes to make pasta sauce? wouldn't u notice the tomatoes are rotten when u cut them up?

ok last story...last weekend, i was scanning this lady's groceries and her total came to $30 and she freaked out on me asking me how her total was $30 and she bitched and complained and said "how is it $30? this is $1, this is $1, this is $1" i checked over her receipt and everything went in correctly and i told her if she added everything up it would come to $30. so she kept bitching at me and mumbling to herself and tried to calculate everything. she said all her things were $1 but they weren't. some things were $1/lb, $1.49/lb, etc. and she still bitched and complained. The pharmacist was the next customer in line and she went over and explained to her again that everything wasn't $1 and that some things were $1/lb. The lady finally shut up and left.

Ughhh, I remember the grocery store working days. I'd have people try to buy one can of beer (ummm this isn't a liquor store/7-11!!) or take one of the small bottles of wine that come in a 4-pack and tell me they do it ALL the time...riiiight

Another time a woman came in looking for books, so I pointed her in the right direction (behind her, lol) and she came back asking for a certain book/author. She got all huffy when I said if it's not out there, then we don't have it. It's Ralphs, not Barnes and Noble!!

I'm sorry about the people you all have to deal with, it makes me glad not to have a retail or customer service type of job!!

MissMarley

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
I work for a group that doesn't do GWP and sometimes it's really hard to find a placating answer as to why I'm not giving someone a fugly pink make-up bag filled with trial-sized bottles of off moisturiser and brown lipstick. It particularly sucks that I'm located right next to Clinique who are always in GWP!

My stock answer is 'we don't do any old GWP because we like to customise and couture the samples you receive', which usually placates people (we're a sampling-heavy company, it's almost de rigeur with every purchase). If someone is really pushing it I tell them that 'the gift you've received with your purchase was my undivided time and attention to your needs'. I always thought the last one would get me into trouble, but my Big!Boss heard me say that one day and loved it.
greengrin.gif

I usually refuse the GWP or put it straight into the charity bin. What am I going to do with a bottle of Dramatically Different moisturiser or a bottle of Pleasures?

Ha! It probably seems like we're always in GWP...it's really only twice a year, but the amount of prep that Clinique puts into is crazy- we have promo materials out 6 weeks before the gift even starts, since we have to presale a certain amount. But it never fails that when we're not in gift, someone comes up to make a purchase and becomes angry that I don't have that pink bag stuffed with samples to give them! I've heard customers say (both at my bay and at the others) "Why would I buy anything if you're not going to give me something free?".
th_wallbash.gif

darkishstar

Bleh, I work at a Salad Bar.. and this guy's change was going to be $1.98. So he tries to give me a nickel. Dude, I already rang it up, I don't want to work out the money in my head. So I said, "No, it's okay." Like, I meant, it's okay, keep your nickel, I will give you the change.

He thought I meant, "No, it's okay." Like I won't break your dollar, I will give you $2 instead of $1.98. When I give him $1.98, he FLIPS out, saying, "I thought you meant it was okay, you'd give me $2 and you won't break my dollar, blah blah blah, rant rant rant.." He kept his tirade for like.. 5 minutes. I was like.. are you freakin kidding me? It's lunch rush, there's like.. 20 other people in line, I didn't want to waste time recounting your change just because you couldn't think ahead of time to give me the nickel, you just HAD to wait for me to ring up... count out the change, I close the drawer, I can't open it unless I'm a supervisor, I'm about to hand you your change, and you try to give me a nickel. I mean, honestly, it isn't hard to figure out the change from an extra nickel, but if there's so many people in line, I'd rather not. It's not like I had cheated him out of change or something. Like I had wronged him so much by breaking his dollar. He just kept yelling on and on and on...

I just really really hate my job sometimes. But I need money

girloflowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by girloflowers
is coming up to the counter and browsing and sighing longingly at the makeup artists considered wierd/retarded?

i do it by accident sometimes (because im so desperate to be one of you >.<)
I mean, i've only been to a mac counter about 4 times but.. OH GOD YOU GUYS ARE SO COOL

//fangirl rant

sorry >.<

this is funny because i work for clinique now.

uugh we get crazy people too!

This one lady came up to my counter manager (who is awesome and has been working for Clinique for years now), and asked her about a foundation colour, and could she have it matched to her? so my counter manager like cleans her hands and sanitises everything right in front of the customer, squeezes a bit of makeup onto the back of her hand and gos to use a q-tip to swatch it.
Lady FREAKS OUT.
"I don't want that makeup off of your dirty hand! That's digusting! Put it on mine!"
So my manager goes to put it on hers.
"What are you doing, that's disgusting, what's wrong with you?"
So by this time my manager is obviously a bit ruffled, and makes another big show about cleaning her hands, puts the foundation onto a spatual she got straight out of the package, and goes to swatch it on the ladies face:
"WHAT DOY OU THINK YOU'RE DOING? IF I'D SAID I WANTED YOU TO MATCH IT ON MY FACE I'D HAVE ASKED YOU TO!"
So my manager calmly explains the colours of hands and faces are different.
"Do you work for Clinique"- lady
"Yes, see my badges?" manager
"Well you obviously don't know very much about your products, are you new? is there someone else I can talk to?" Lady
"You could talk to Lily, She's over there and she's been with us for a whole four weeks, I've only been with the company about seven years, so I'm not as experienced as her." Manager
"Forget it, I'll just take the original colour i already wore." lady

so she bought the foundation, and then loitered around the counter for aaages til i finished with a few other customers, and then hassled me to put a gift on hold for her daughter. I assured her there would be able 600 left over so her daughter would be fine.

crazy lady >.<

pumpkincat210

When I worked at Hobby Lobby over the Christmas holidays, 2 little kids came into my section and started tearing through the feather boa's. I had to tell them multiple times to stop because they were breaking them. They ran off into another part of the store, but came back about 15 minutes later and started doing the same thing! There were feathers everywhere on the aisle and everything was out of place.. all in a minute's time. So i told them they needed to be with a parent and of course their mom comes at that time and bitches at me, saying they were just kids and harmless! I had to tell those little brats 3 times to calm down and I never got harsh with them until the end. Luckily my co-manager knew what i went through because the kids destroyed her section too. I didn't get in trouble but WATCH YOUR KIDS especially if they are only 6 or 7!

SmokeSignal16

Hah I work for Clinique too and yeah I hate GWP with a passion. It never fails how amazed I get with the way people bitch about free stuff. There's always the ones that bitch how expensive the amount is to get one and reluctantly spend that much to get it and then the next day try and return the items and keep the bag, uh hello you just returned the items that qualified you for the stupid bag you're suppose to bring it back too..Oh here's one from my past gift in April. There's this lady that comes in the last week of gift and of course Macy's being lame as they are has not given us a truck since we first started preselling, so naturally we run out of things and it's unfortunate but we have no control over stock and when we get stock in. Anyways this lady comes in for Moisture Surge, our freelancer tells her 'Sorry ma'am but we do not have that in stock', this lady freaks out! She's like 'You mean to tell me I can't get my bonus because you don't have my product?!?!" all loud and shit. I step in at this point because this is just flat out ridiculous, I told her 'Sorry ma'am but we're out of stock of that product. I can call another store that's nearby and see if they have it so they can hold it for you.' But my reply wasn't good enough for her so she storms out and me and the freelancer just look at each other and just go about our business lol. Gosh I hate GWP...I would rather have MAC's program any day, save me my sanity!

X4biddenxLustX

I seriously cannot stand when people come in with their kids and don't even watch over them. Not only should you be watching your kids for obvious security reasons (too many creeps out in the world now these days) but 95% of the time unsupervised kids make a huge mess everywhere they go. They'll take things off the shelves and move them around leaving us having to clean it up when there gone.

I have had customers get pissed at me cause they seen a sale sign for Buy one get one half off thinking it was really a buy one get one free sign. When it's time for me to ring them up and it's only coming up half off they go ape shit on me like it was MY fault they didn't take the time to carefully read the sign that clearly states it's buy one get one half off. There was also one time that an old lady was ready to be rung up at my register in the cosmetics department. She hands me a Sally Hansen nail polish and says that it's suppose to be $1.49 cause there was a sign below it that said so. I went to check on my register and it came up as regular price and I told her and offered to look at the sign in case there was a glitch with the register. It ended up that only TWO shades of polish in the Sally Hansen line were going to be discontinued and had "last chance" signs on them offering them at a different price. The nail polish she had picked was NOT one of those two polishes since the UPC on it didn't match the UPC on the signs. I politely explained to her that the polish she picked was not one of those that were going to be discontinued hence why the prices were lowered for those two specific shades. And how someone must of grabbed that polish and decided they didn't want it and just placed it wherever. She then goes on and on about how it HAS to be the one that's discounted since she found it where the "last chance" sign was under. She demands that I give it to her for the discounted price even though it's not the right item. Now I have no authority to change the price of the item without a managers consent when something like this happens. Before I offered to call a manager she demands to speak to one. I call one up, and she insists to my manager that the polish she got was the discounted one and that when she told me that I was just like NOOOO to her. He goes over to the Sally Hansen polishes and tells her the same thing I told her basically but said that he would honor the sale price this one time for her only. After that she just completely shuts up and lets me ring up the rest of her items and spends I kid you not 10 whole minutes writing a check for under $30.00. There were other customers in line behind her who waited patiently but most of them decided to just go ring up at front. Which hurt our cosmetics department's sales which we get yelled at all the time about. Thanks you old witch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
When I worked at Hobby Lobby over the Christmas holidays, 2 little kids came into my section and started tearing through the feather boa's. I had to tell them multiple times to stop because they were breaking them. They ran off into another part of the store, but came back about 15 minutes later and started doing the same thing! There were feathers everywhere on the aisle and everything was out of place.. all in a minute's time. So i told them they needed to be with a parent and of course their mom comes at that time and bitches at me, saying they were just kids and harmless! I had to tell those little brats 3 times to calm down and I never got harsh with them until the end. Luckily my co-manager knew what i went through because the kids destroyed her section too. I didn't get in trouble but WATCH YOUR KIDS especially if they are only 6 or 7!

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
th_LMAO.gif
that kinda reminds me of a customer that came to our counter. she was really shy and nervous. she came up to one of the artists and whispered something. the artist didn't hear her. the girl whispered it again. "jesus loves you" and she took off. she was completely serious! the next day the artist found a mini bible in her brush belt. what the hell is up with people"

we get the horrible pushy christians coming in store, and try to pay with $1,000,000 fake notes with all sorts of christian stuff on it - they are crazy!!

one of the ladies i work with got a complaint laid against here when she greeted a teenage customer (it is the stores policy to greet the customer as they enter the store), and when my co-worker thought she didnt hear here, she said hello again. this girl stormed off to see the manager to lay a complaint that she did not feel like saying hello to her and wanted her to stop annoying her!!!!!! geez moody teenagers!
i work in a pharmacy on the fragrance counter, and high end brands such as chanel and dior have their own beauty counters, so we ALWAYS have flocks of girls asking stupid snobby questions about the makeup brands.

piink_liily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzsallyb
one of the ladies i work with got a complaint laid against here when she greeted a teenage customer (it is the stores policy to greet the customer as they enter the store), and when my co-worker thought she didnt hear here, she said hello again. this girl stormed off to see the manager to lay a complaint that she did not feel like saying hello to her and wanted her to stop annoying her!!!!!! geez moody teenagers!

Lol some people can be so pathetic! Poor lady was only trying to do her job!

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzsallyb
we get the horrible pushy christians coming in store, and try to pay with $1,000,000 fake notes with all sorts of christian stuff on it - they are crazy!!

i work in a pharmacy on the fragrance counter, and high end brands such as chanel and dior have their own beauty counters, so we ALWAYS have flocks of girls asking stupid snobby questions about the makeup brands.

I have a customer who is from the Philippines but can speak a little bit of Cantonese (which is what I am). The first time he came in I greeted him and immediately he asked if I was from the Philippines also. I told him no and that I was Chinese. He starts to tell me that he had spent a year in Hong Kong and learned a bit of Cantonese and starts counting in it. Everything was cool until he needed me to help him with X Y & Z every few minutes. Each and every time I helped him out with something he would say "bless you" to me. He did the same thing the next time he came into the store! My manager was there the last time and thought he was a straight up weirdo lol.

My workplace's policy is to also greet everyone that comes in (which gets not only on my nerves but probably some customers also). There is an older woman that comes in and every time I ask her if she needs help with anything she gives me this wide eye confused look on her face and then smiles. She then proceeds to ask me if that's how they do things around here nowadays. Not sure what she means by that though. But she just seemed soo confused and in a daze whenever I approach her lol.