Dior Cosmetics Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
I got to see the collection quickly tonight. I am tempted by the lighter quad- it seems a little different than shades I already have. I'm also tempted by the nail polishes. I haven't tried a Dior polish yet and I really want to.

shades of blue

I got to see the collection quickly tonight. I am tempted by the lighter quad- it seems a little different than shades I already have. I'm also tempted by the nail polishes. I haven't tried a Dior polish yet and I really want to.
What nail polishes did you like? I thought they looked pretty too, but I am not sure which color I like the most!

Monsy

dior has very high quality polishes but brush is pretty weird. it is VERY wide. you either love it or hate it

Almus

dior has very high quality polishes but brush is pretty weird. it is VERY wide. you either love it or hate it
Anyway, the brush in the holiday collection polishes is different than the regular ones. I personally love the brush in the Dior polishes, it's wide yes, but also flatter and easily manageable.

Dominique33

Yes the brush is really wide ! But the brush for Grand Bal is small. I've just tried Diva just to see how it looks, pretty but I will wear it on my feet. Dior nail polishes are very good, I just have a regular one ( Saint-Tropez ) and 2 from the Grand Bal collection.
Dior is to launch 3 very bright nail polishes soon, lime-orange-neon pink ( or that kind of colour ), I don't know if you'll get them in the US or in Canada but summer is back in a way very soon ( december ? ).

tats

Does anyone know when this collection is coming out in Europe.. Haven't stopped it here yet :) I really want Lady lippie.))

Dominique33

It is available in France, so normally you should get Grand Bal soon. " Lady " is very pretty and once again the texture and pigments are just great. The " carnet de bal " is beautiful too, finally I decided not to buy it but it's gorgeous really.

tats

It is available in France, so normally you should get Grand Bal soon. " Lady " is very pretty and once again the texture and pigments are just great. The " carnet de bal " is beautiful too, finally I decided not to buy it but it's gorgeous really.
Thank you. I noticed it is available on one of the websites here. That websites seems to get all collections earlier.. I will just wait for another week, hopefully other stores will get it by then))

shontay07108

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hm, almost picked up the dark one with gold shimmer today but the girl working in the makeup section of my drug store said that it had chipped on her after two days. Honestly, it's rare that I can get through a single day without some kind of wear showing, but she said that there were better options for a lot cheaper, so I reconsidered. What's everyone's thoughts generally on Dior polishes? Decent wear time?

StarrySim

I only have one Dior polish (Waterlily from Spring 2012), and I don't like it at all. It's sooooo thick and goopy, and it's barely a few months old. I usually love wide brushes, but not this one. It wears about average on me, I think it matters more how you prep the nail, and the top coat. Essie Good To Go extends my polish wear by about 2-3 days (and gives a flawless finish and mega shine).

Liz2012

Saw the Grand Bal collection yesterday in store, they just had everything in
smiles.gif
Because i'm also very excited for the upcoming Chanel/Guerlain holiday collections, i allowed myself to only get one item from this collection. I ended up with Diva Diorific Vernis, love the color and love love the bottle, so cute and festive
love.gif
I must say that i really liked the lipsticks as well, but since i already have way too many red lipsticks i chose the polish instead. Really pretty holiday collection imo, if i didn't already want so many things from other collections i would've certainly gotten more from this one :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Saw the Grand Bal collection yesterday in store, they just had everything in
smiles.gif
Because i'm also very excited for the upcoming Chanel/Guerlain holiday collections, i allowed myself to only get one item from this collection. I ended up with Diva Diorific Vernis, love the color and love love the bottle, so cute and festive
love.gif
I must say that i really liked the lipsticks as well, but since i already have way too many red lipsticks i chose the polish instead. Really pretty holiday collection imo, if i didn't already want so many things from other collections i would've certainly gotten more from this one :)
That's exactly the reason why I have so little Dior. I really like their products, but others always seem to have things that are just a bit more special or suited to my tastes and so Dior always ends up being the collection I pass on. I do like their Hydrating Concealer. It's a bit light, but it blends beautifully and lasts very well.

Dominique33

Oh, wow! Those are so gorgeous. It's been a long time since I bought a Dior polish, but I always had good experiences with them. Can't wait to get my hands on these. I love bright colors all year long.
Yes this collection is really bright ! I am glad you like it. It's the first time Dior has launched such a " Brazilian " collection I think ( I mean during fall/winter ), it's a good idea and it's totally different from Grand Bal ( a beautiful major collection too )