Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Shypo

^^ Thanks for that link!! I see 3 or 4 that I think I must have.....I can't wait for Nordies to get them so I can play........they look like they blend like a dream. They also remind me (a lot) of the Sunday Riley shadows, which are among my favorites in terms of their texture and color range.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Canadian ladies: Watch your Shoppers Drug Mart displays! The SDM nearest me had most of the Spring collection items out today. I swatched the "bright" palette and the quality of the shadows is really nice. They didn't have a tester for the "soft" palette, but one of the girls showed it to me and it looks quite lovely. The three lipsticks are perfect for Spring although not exactly ground-breaking shades. Th "bow" palette is also solid quality, although I can't really see forking over that kind of money for those shades- they are quite dupe-able.

Miss QQ

I saw the spring collection. The pinks and greys theme is very feminine and pretty. The two bow palettes are beautiful, but I would only buy it if I'm collecting it. The nail polishes aren't special to me, I am only considering buying the nail glow. I like the pale pink Rouge Serum, I wonder if it can give me milky pink lips. The other item I'm interested in is the black twin eyeshadow set, which looks like it's perfect to have in my makeup pouch.

Has anyone tried Dior's skincare line? I'm curious about the new Capture Totale multi-perfection cream.

Shypo

^^ I have not tried Dior skin care......

And yes, I'm 'collecting' the bow palettes ;). Crazy, I know, but I can't help myself.
tease.gif

JulieDiva

I saw the spring collection. The pinks and greys theme is very feminine and pretty. The two bow palettes are beautiful, but I would only buy it if I'm collecting it. The nail polishes aren't special to me, I am only considering buying the nail glow. I like the pale pink Rouge Serum, I wonder if it can give me milky pink lips. The other item I'm interested in is the black twin eyeshadow set, which looks like it's perfect to have in my makeup pouch.

Has anyone tried Dior's skincare line? I'm curious about the new Capture Totale multi-perfection cream.
YES I am a big fan of the Dior Capture Totale skin care!

For the past two years I have been using the ONE essential serum, Capture totale eye creme, serum, face cream, night cream, masks and I am very impressed with how lovely my skin looks and feels!!! It is pricey, but lasts a long time.

elegant-one

I got the blush. Its a beautiful healthy pink color - light/medium blue rose pink, bluer true pink on one side, slight peachier pink slight nice shimmer on the other - that make the skin look lovely from within as it does not just sit on top of the skin. I really love the shade on me, but having said that, it is NOT very pigmented at all. I love that 'healthy flush pink" look on me, but not sure it will work for everyone.

Dominique33

It just sounds like it will make you look happy, doesn't it?
th_kiss.gif
It looks very pretty and subtle, so delicate. I need it too but spring collections are to be released after the sales, in February in fact. I have a Dior Blush in " Rose Dragée " very lovely too.

Miss QQ

I came home with the eyeshadow duo stick in Fishnet Black and nail glow! I was choosing between the black and grey eyeshadow stick, and I picked black because it's more versatile. The grey has silver shimmers. I might pick up the gold if I really like the black. I got a sample of the new Capture totale cream, can't wait to try it. I'm interested in using it as a neck cream. The softer quint kept calling my name. The eyeshadows are smooth and pigmented, with the silver in the middle a clear glitter, but very smooth and adhere to my skin well. The stronger quint with the black and pink has a peachy shade in the middle with silver glitters, but it isn't pigmented and all I get is some sparse glitter. Cheryl - I used the grey-blue Tailleur Bar today and thought of you. I forgot how pigmented it is, and the colours are beautiful. Have you received the Bow palette? I'm thinking of it because it reminds you of the pink grey TB, which didn't make it to my counters. elegant - Enjoy the blush! It isn't pigmented, I agree. My counters have another coral blush with this collection. Both aren't pigmented. JulieDiva - I didn't know there is a mask too. Have you seen the new CT line? Is it the same as the old one or there are some enhancements? Good to know your skin looks an feels great! Do the creams feel heavy?

MarieMary

Hello!

This is the entire mono eyeshadow collection.

[Not in the order shown above, it seems]

• #386 Blue Denim
  • #240 Mariniere
  • #176 Lilas Mitzah
  • #188 Bow
  • #566 Panama
  • #760 Tweed
  • #726 Grege
  • #783 Velvet
  • #506 Nude
  • #477 Camouflage
  • #453 Spencer
  • #047 Gris Montagne
  • #096 Khol
  • #006 Shaw
  • #623 Ribbon

Edit: I just now realize there are 18 eyeshadows pictured, yet 15 names. 3 must be missing.

Source: http://www.chicprofile.com/2013/01/...collection-diorshow-products-info-photos.html

JulieDiva

JulieDiva - I didn't know there is a mask too. Have you seen the new CT line? Is it the same as the old one or there are some enhancements? Good to know your skin looks an feels great! Do the creams feel heavy?
The Capture totale cream is medium in thickness, I use it sparingly...it is really nice and honestly my skin looks and feels nicer than it did years ago! (I am now 41)
I am using up what i have so I can try all the new stuff which i think is very similar to the usual...at least i hope so!

The paler quint from the Spring line...came home with me today...I have nothing like it in my stash and it looked really nice on me(had a mini makeover day)..the colours are very flattering on my medium , beige 30 skin, with green eyes and medium brown hair...

Shypo

Hi Miss QQ - yes, I've received both of my 'bows' - they're sooooo pretty!!! I ordered 02 from ebay for the same price as 01, so I was a happy camper. It's funny, we didn't get the grey/blue Tailleur Bar - I didn't know there was one! I wish they'd stop with the geographical color selections!!! I bet the blue and grey looked beautiful on you!!

Enjoy the twin set - we only got the pink one here, as far as I can tell anyway.....

Shypo

Hello!

This is the entire mono eyeshadow collection.

[Not in the order shown above, it seems]

• #386 Blue Denim
  • #240 Mariniere
  • #176 Lilas Mitzah
  • #188 Bow
  • #566 Panama
  • #760 Tweed
  • #726 Grege
  • #783 Velvet
  • #506 Nude
  • #477 Camouflage
  • #453 Spencer
  • #047 Gris Montagne
  • #096 Khol
  • #006 Shaw
  • #623 Ribbon

Edit: I just now realize there are 18 eyeshadows pictured, yet 15 names. 3 must be missing.

Source: http://www.chicprofile.com/2013/01/...collection-diorshow-products-info-photos.html
Whoa!!
thud.gif
Gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing this!!! I see about a 1/2 dozen I want.......
shockt.gif
....wonder if it's 'early' or 'late' next month when they launch.....can't wait to see them!

Miss QQ

Hi Miss QQ - yes, I've received both of my 'bows' - they're sooooo pretty!!!  I ordered 02 from ebay for the same price as 01, so I was a happy camper.  It's funny, we didn't get the grey/blue Tailleur Bar - I didn't know there was one!  I wish they'd stop with the geographical color selections!!!  I bet the blue and grey looked beautiful on you!! Enjoy the twin set - we only got the pink one here, as far as I can tell anyway.....
This is the Tailleur Bar I got in 2010. Now it comes in a pale pink background. http://www.fruitylashes.com/the-beauty-vault-series-dior-tailleur-bar-13345/ Can't imagine why Dior bought only the pink eyeshadow stick to the US. We have all four here. Enjoy your bow palettes! The packaging is very pretty.

Miss QQ

Review of Rose Ballerine quint. http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.sg/2013/01/dior-5-couleurs-eyeshadow-in-rose.html?m=1 I can't get it off my mind after swatching it last week. I love all the colours, may have to go back for it soon. Rose Charmeuse reminds me of a pink Dior quint, Graphic Lights, but without the black. I don't reach for it often but all the shades are of very good quality.

jennyap

I just picked up the polish in Gris Trianon, plus Addict l/s in Espiegle. I swatched the quints and I'm pretty sure I'l add Rose Ballerine to my haul before I'm done. Still thinking about the eyeshadow duo sticks (pink and grey ones), but I'll probably save my pennies.

I also came home with a sample of the Capture Total One Essential serum, and the BB cream.

Rads

Whoa!!
thud.gif
Gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing this!!! I see about a 1/2 dozen I want.......
shockt.gif
....wonder if it's 'early' or 'late' next month when they launch.....can't wait to see them!
Shypo..it's there on Nordstrom. I just ordered a bunch of these..okay..not a big bunch..4..hope they are good!

Dominique33

From this collection I picked up the blush in Pink Happiness, the quint in Rose Charmeuse, the Smoky Rose, Dior Addict in Candide, and the 3 nail polishes. I also purchased a loose powder DiorSkin Nude Rose which is so lovely and good ( I highly recommand it ). I am so glad I have so many Chérie Bow items, they're really pretty, wearable and soft. From Chanel I just picked up the Poudre Signée, Frivole blush and the RA l'Eclatante, I won't go further even if it's a beautiful collection too. Chérie Bow is perfect for the ladies who love pink shades, to me Chérie Bow products are must-haves but I love pink ! I've never seen such a rosy collection, incredibly classy and easy to wear.

elegant-one

From this collection I picked up the blush in Pink Happiness, . Chérie Bow is perfect for the ladies who love pink shades, to me Chérie Bow products are must-haves but I love pink ! I've never seen such a rosy collection, incredibly classy and easy to wear.
I got PH blush, although its very pale I love how it makes my skin look. Like you, I just LOVE pink
heart.gif