Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Monsy

I ordered new highlighter palette from sephora. also nordies has 15% off so i got glow foundation

SlugPower

Today I was playing with the Luminizers (all six of them), because apparently the stars aligned and local sephora has finally ordered them all. Yet all of them... I prefer both luminizer / blush (whatever) backstage palettes for it.

Strobe White is prettier than Luminizer 006. Like, MUCH prettier. Strobe White looks like fairy dust while 006 looks like glorified chalk.
Strobe Gold is the "same" shade as Luminizer 003, I struggled to see a difference even if Sephora lights are notoriously crappy for marketing purposes. I am embarassed because I wanted Luminizer 003 for so long and my country refused to receive it, but apparently I already had it just in another "name".

Obviously both blushes have no colour comparison but I wonder if with a soft hand and well blended. won't they look similar? They're also very pretty (they would do great eyeshadow as well). I also still have the Glowing Garden versions which are pretty much the same as 001 and 002.

All I'm really missing is 004 and 005. I have not tested the second palette (glitz) yet. Somehow I'm feeling I'll find at least another great match.

ETA: Also, the new brushes with the white bristles seem to have been total fail. They were all on Sephora's clearance bin (aka high chance of discontinued). yet it's only been one yer since they were released.

Last edited:

r0mini0n

Dior is teasing some new line on their Instagram "Dior Rouge Ultra Care". I was browsing and happened to see them here already, it's a lipstick and a liquid lipstick version. I wonder if the lipstick will be like the new Chanel Rouge Coco Flash?

(btw that's a link to a webshop where I saw it, please delete if this isn't allowed, I'm not sure!)

Monsy

it maybe sounds like the revamp of that dior lip line that was also a lipbalm/lipstick forgot the name
i mean who can keep up? they have 544251218 new lip lines every year

SlugPower

I don't buy many lipsticks, but I don't buy Dior precisely because they release too many.

As for the autumn collection, I am planning to get the yellow eyeshadow quint and the acid green nail colour.

I was more interested in the blue-purple quint, but the swatches changed it. The blue and dark grey were colours I already have and the two purples aren't purple enough to show. The swatches online show the purple a lot, so it might the lights and I might check it out at another store. The yellow quint has really nice colours, all of them are colours I like. I skipped a yellow summer quint because it was too brown, this one will be a better option and I don't feel so bad in skipping it. The print freaks me out a little, so hopefully it will wear off quickly.

The acid green nail colour is really nice, a freak colour which I'm fond of. The light brown one is too brown and the dark grey one I already have a likely one, so I skipped those. The dark brown - purple colour is really interesting though, in the sun it flashes purple very well, so I recommend anyone who like those colours to check it out.

Not sure what to think of the Christmas collection, but it's different at least.

Icecaramellatte

I didn't pick up any thing for fall. Thinking about it but it is not tops on my list. Did anyone see anything on the color story for the Holiday collection? Neiman Marcus has 2 items up and a promo pic that looks interesting. I want to see everything first.

Monsy

btw has anyone tried the new curler? if you do can you please compare it to lancome or shu or even mac or kevyn aucoin? would love to hear your thoughts

SlugPower

I was interested in the bronze quint too, but it looks terrible yeah! Only the top left block looks worthy enough.

The liquid monos look pretty, but reviews online for the fall ones aren't good either.

Not a fan after all. I'm only getting the glitter nail polish (they're always good because they must use their standard top coat as a base, which is also good.

Monsy

do you ladies know when they re did nude air luminizers are they all old shades just repackaged/renamed or are some of them new? I liked 05 rose something but wasn't sure if it's same as one of the old ones (old ones i have nude glow and pink glow i think)

Latest posts