Dior Fall 2015- Cosmopolite

Haviggi

The best welcome from Dior in Greece! Just arrived at Thessaloniki and the postman knocked my door :)
14a2033a_image.jpeg
f0d1ebf9_image.jpeg

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF] Once I've already purchased the product, these reviews lose their relevance---good bad or indifferent!!!  Especially since my  our purchases are not based on them.[/COLOR]:happydance: [COLOR=0000FF]Why try to figure out why and how T arrives at her decisions.  Phooey!  We got the products because they appealed to us and I'm not interested in second guessing myself  ourselves!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]:wiggle: [/COLOR]
:-D
[COLOR=0000FF]  Did you buy this powder AWS???  Do you put much credence in these reviews?[/COLOR]
Well, with not being able to test products in person I have to rely on the swatches and opinions of others to some degree so it plays a part. But just that- a part. With T I definitely read through her reviews if it's something I'm interested in and check out her pics but with the difference in skintone etc it can only do so much. I did not get it [@]Medgal07[/@] lol I had it in my cart and everything but in the end I found it too pink in some swatches (you know me and my complexion making everything pinker anyways lol) so I went with the Tilbury Filmstar instead... as opposed to "also", which I nearly did lol
:amused: I absolutely LOVE LOVE this powder! It's amazing, soft & pretty on! :pompom: I love wearing it on just no makeup nekked skin it's so beautiful.
Yay!

Medgal07

I get that AWS. Everything that I've purchased over that last two years was done based on instinct, swatches here on Specktra as well as opinions of trusted
Speckrettes but I rarely find negative reviews from T helpful, especially once we've already invested in a product. It just seems to rile everyone like yesterday.
I subscribe to her channel and quite often don't even bother looking.

It seems you followed your instincts and made a really great choice!!!! It's as though CT Film Star Bronze & Glow, light was made for you!!!

GreenEyedAllie

I get that AWS. Everything that I've purchased over that last two years was done based on instinct, swatches here on Specktra as well as opinions of trusted
Speckrettes but I rarely find negative reviews from T helpful, especially once we've already invested in a product. It just seems to rile everyone like yesterday.
I subscribe to her channel and quite often don't even bother looking.

It seems you followed your instincts and made a really great choice!!!! It's as though CT Film Star Bronze & Glow, light was made for you!!!
Speaking for myself, I wasn't 'riled'..more of just expressing confusion. I find that I simply do not understand where a lot of her grading comes from based on personal experience with products she considers not awesome performers. It is kind of weird to be like, this was awesome and that was great and this other thing was solid...then a meh score based on those things she said were good. I also find her very biased in many ways (but then so are we all and so are other beauty reviewers). I use her mostly for the news of what is in the pipeline and to see color swatches in a controlled way. I really appreciate how hard she tries, especially with lip products, to make lighting and zoom, etc. the same. Same thing with Karen and ColorMeLoud (who both seem to LOVE almost everything, speaking of bias).

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF]   I get that AWS.  Everything that I've purchased over that last two years was done based on instinct, swatches here on Specktra as well as opinions of trusted[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  Speckrettes but I rarely find negative[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]reviews from T helpful, especially once we've already invested in a product.  It just seems to rile everyone like yesterday.  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  I subscribe to her channel and quite often don't even bother looking.  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  It seems you followed your instincts and made a really great choice!!!!  It's as though CT Film Star Bronze & Glow, light was made for you!!![/COLOR]
Thank you!!

Medgal07

Speaking for myself, I wasn't 'riled'..more of just expressing confusion. I find that I simply do not understand where a lot of her grading comes from based on personal experience with products she considers not awesome performers. It is kind of weird to be like, this was awesome and that was great and this other thing was solid...then a meh score based on those things she said were good. I also find her very biased in many ways (but then so are we all and so are other beauty reviewers). I use her mostly for the news of what is in the pipeline and to see color swatches in a controlled way. I really appreciate how hard she tries, especially with lip products, to make lighting and zoom, etc. the same. Same thing with Karen and ColorMeLoud (who both seem to LOVE almost everything, speaking of bias).
I do agree that her reviews are confusing and sense a degree of general frustration in trying to comprehend her review/grading techniques. Likewise, I totally agree her's
is no easy task. I guess the take-a-way is to glean what we will from the reviews and disregard that which we find personally unhelpful.

Medgal07

I finally open my two recent Dior purchases:
Dior Blush Cheek Stick Velvet Colour Crème Rosewood and Dior Addict Fluid Shadow, Magnetic (Silver)

mango13

I got Destee yesterday and was so tempted to get Univers, but I want to make sure I can make Destinee work first. It does have a bit more of a purple hint then I expected.... but just can't pass up anything burgundy/redish.

Medgal07

I got Destee yesterday and was so tempted to get Univers, but I want to make sure I can make Destinee work first. It does have a bit more of a purple hint then I expected.... but just can't pass up anything burgundy/redish.
Yes it does. I love burgundy and had hoped for a nice deep dark color. I think I'll probably end up using Destinée as a base for a burgundy powder e/s.

mkoparanova

http://www.temptalia.com/dior-addict-fluid-shadows-reviews-photos-swatches
"..and they do not layer, blend, or dry down well on the lid; they tend to crack and flake off in chunks. If you attempt to layer, the next layer will lift the color underneath it, and the second layer won’t stick to anything."
Well that's just not true. I agree that they are difficult to work with but I've posted pictures wearing 2 layers of the eyeshadow and it lasted all day..

ashievic

"..and they do not layer, blend, or dry down well on the lid; they tend to crack and flake off in chunks. If you attempt to layer, the next layer will lift the color underneath it, and the second layer won’t stick to anything."
Well that's just not true. I agree that they are difficult to work with but I've posted pictures wearing 2 layers of the eyeshadow and it lasted all day..
Consider the source. find them impossible, but I have hoodie eyes. I also lack patience. But the colors are outstanding!!!!!

Shars

I was just shaking my head when I read that. This line was the best: "These were a complete disappointment with no redeeming qualities." I'm wondering if she used a primer!

mkoparanova

I was just shaking my head when I read that. This line was the best: "These were a complete disappointment with no redeeming qualities." I'm wondering if she used a primer!
I'm tempted to leave a comment.. She speaks like there is no possible way that anyone anywhere in the world can have a different experience with them because they are just horrible.