Dior Fall 2015- Cosmopolite

Shars

I have very hooded eyes too, I tried to "paint" my lid and it was a disaster but they look gorgeous blended!
I'm tempted to leave a comment.. She speaks like there is no possible way that anyone anywhere in the world can have a different experience with them because they are just horrible.
It's okay to feel that way in your own mind but not to project that on to thousands of people who don't know better and will ultimately not try something that may very well work for them. I don't have them, but I find it very hard to believe that there was nothing she could try that would stop it from crumbling on her. I don't remember any of you ladies who own them saying they crumbled for you.

GreenEyedAllie

I was just shaking my head when I read that. This line was the best: "These were a complete disappointment with no redeeming qualities." I'm wondering if she used a primer!
She has said in multiple reviews that she does not. It's supposed to be on purpose to judge the actual performance of the product alone. Also, different primers may work better or worse with different formulas, so she would have to test each product and shade so many times. So, I guess I get that...just not super useful if you're like me and tend to wear primer no matter what.

GreenEyedAllie

I have very hooded eyes too, I tried to "paint" my lid and it was a disaster but they look gorgeous blended!
I'm tempted to leave a comment.. She speaks like there is no possible way that anyone anywhere in the world can have a different experience with them because they are just horrible.
That's how she was with the reviews of the Delicates and Golden Rinse bronzers from MAC W&D....so glad I was on Specktra to find out from other because GR is seriously my HG bronzer...I have NEVER been able to wear one well before. I will definitely be backing up because I've already used a ton of it this summer since I don't really tan.

Monsy

That's how she was with the reviews of the Delicates and Golden Rinse bronzers from MAC W&D....so glad I was on Specktra to find out from other because GR is seriously my HG bronzer...I have NEVER been able to wear one well before. I will definitely be backing up because I've already used a ton of it this summer since I don't really tan.
YESSSS!!!

Shars

She has said in multiple reviews that she does not. It's supposed to be on purpose to judge the actual performance of the product alone. Also, different primers may work better or worse with different formulas, so she would have to test each product and shade so many times. So, I guess I get that...just not super useful if you're like me and tend to wear primer no matter what.
I'm fine if you don't want to use a primer because you want to test the product claims without any aid. But to say that nothing could redeem them, if you haven't tried a primer, which is how 95% of us will use it, just seems unfair and not thorough. I feel like there are other bloggers out there that will tell you that they tried it with 10 different primers, alone, over a paint pot, over another product and it didn't work. I could respect that. But not to even try *smh*

GreenEyedAllie

I'm fine if you don't want to use a primer because you want to test the product claims without any aid. But to say that nothing could redeem them, if you haven't tried a primer, which is how 95% of us will use it, just seems unfair and not thorough. I feel like there are other bloggers out there that will tell you that they tried it with 10 different primers, alone, over a paint pot, over another product and it didn't work. I could respect that. But not to even try *smh*
I agree completely.

ashievic

Would this not be like not using say olive oil in cooking to get a nice brown on on your hash browns and they end up sticking to the pan and all yucky???? So gee, a keyboard back problem???

elegant-one

Yes! I absolutely LOVE Golden Rinse! I love to use it up my cheekbones then lightly use a blush color just on the apples of my cheeks over it.
love.gif

mango13

http://www.temptalia.com/dior-addict-fluid-shadows-reviews-photos-swatches
"..and they do not layer, blend, or dry down well on the lid; they tend to crack and flake off in chunks. If you attempt to layer, the next layer will lift the color underneath it, and the second layer won’t stick to anything."
Well that's just not true. I agree that they are difficult to work with but I've posted pictures wearing 2 layers of the eyeshadow and it lasted all day..
I loved the picture of your look. I actually bought Destinee this weekend and used it yesterday. I applied it with the brush it comes with and then I blended with TF 13 and I had flakes chip off the crease and then also throughout the day. I felt kind of meh about it after seeing at the end of the day. Next time I want to spread the shadow with a 242.... so maybe that will solve the issue, but if it doesn't I'm seriously considering returning. Le sigh....

@Medgal07 Have you worn your Destinee? Sorry if you mentioned it in the tread already, I've been really busy and haven't been able to keep up with the tread.

Vineetha

Actually for some reason I couldn't get it to work on me either :blush: !! But I love love how they look on @mkoparanova!! like @ashievic mentioned it kind of applies like a polish :amused: it's workable but needs some effort unlike the GA ones!! I wouldn't even bother if it wasn't Dior!! Glad I only got one though!! GA ones though are worth collecting every single one!!

mango13

GA ones though are worth collecting every single one!!
I think I can play around with the application, but just can't get over the fallout throughout the day. Maybe my next attempt at it will solve the fallout issue. I also wanted more than one, but thankfully stopped myself. I've been looking at the GA ones for a while, but haven't tried them. I wish they had more unique colors.

Ernie

[COLOR=0000FF] Once I've already purchased the product, these reviews lose their relevance---good bad or indifferent!!!  Especially since my  our purchases are not based on them.[/COLOR]:happydance: [COLOR=0000FF]Why try to figure out why and how T arrives at her decisions.  Phooey!  We got the products because they appealed to us and I'm not interested in second guessing myself  ourselves!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]:wiggle: [/COLOR]
I hardly ever look at her reviews, I do much better here on Specktra! :eyelove:
:amused: I absolutely LOVE LOVE this powder! It's amazing, soft & pretty on! :pompom: I love wearing it on just no makeup nekked skin it's so beautiful.
Me too!
Has anyone bought metropolis or cosmopolite nail colors? I'm debating it...After a terrible time with an OPI sample from their Venice collection, I took it all off and replaced with CD Lady from the spring...forgot how much I love the formula. Was a dream compared to the OPI.
I bought both polishes, and I too love Dior polish!
[COLOR=0000FF]I finally open my two recent Dior purchases:[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Dior Blush Cheek Stick Velvet Colour Crème Rosewood and [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Dior Addict Fluid Shadow,[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Magnetic[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF](Silver)[/COLOR]
So pretty, did you try rosewood yet?

Psych1

http://www.temptalia.com/dior-addict-fluid-shadows-reviews-photos-swatches "..[COLOR=2B2B2B]and they do not layer, blend, or dry down well on the lid; they tend to crack and flake off in chunks. If you attempt to layer, the next layer will lift the color underneath it, and the second layer won’t stick to anything."[/COLOR] [COLOR=2B2B2B]Well that's just not true. I agree that they are difficult to work with but I've posted pictures wearing 2 layers of the eyeshadow and it lasted all day..[/COLOR]
That is most definitely not true for me either! Like NONE of it. I also layer 2 colors and it works beautifully! I've experienced no flaking, cracking, creasing, or problems with them not drying. The colors last all day & the pigmentation is really nice. I actually prefer to layer the color payoff is better. And I haven't been using a primer & still have had no issues.

Medgal07

I loved the picture of your look. I actually bought Destinee this weekend and used it yesterday. I applied it with the brush it comes with and then I blended with TF 13 and I had flakes chip off the crease and then also throughout the day. I felt kind of meh about it after seeing at the end of the day. Next time I want to spread the shadow with a 242.... so maybe that will solve the issue, but if it doesn't I'm seriously considering returning. Le sigh....

@Medgal07 Have you worn your Destinee? Sorry if you mentioned it in the tread already, I've been really busy and haven't been able to keep up with the tread.
No I haven't--------I'm in a perpetual state of product overload. I hope to use it soon.
girlhaha.gif

mkoparanova

I think I can play around with the application, but just can't get over the fallout throughout the day. Maybe my next attempt at it will solve the fallout issue. I also wanted more than one, but thankfully stopped myself. I've been looking at the GA ones for a while, but haven't tried them. I wish they had more unique colors.
The colours might look boring at first but there are some really pretty duochromes, they look amazing on the eyes! I actually own only 2 of them because I get distracted by LEs but I'll get more soon.
Quote: Originally Posted by Psych1

That is most definitely not true for me either! Like NONE of it.
I also layer 2 colors and it works beautifully! I've experienced no flaking, cracking, creasing, or problems with them not drying. The colors last all day & the pigmentation is really nice. I actually prefer to layer the color payoff is better.
And I haven't been using a primer & still have had no issues.
Great! What brush do you use?

Psych1

I'm sorry it didn't work for you! The TF 13 looks perfect for it, I don't think that 242 would work at all. Maybe try to apply a thin layer, blend it and then apply a second thin one, if needed? That's how I did it and I didn't have any issues with flaking or creasing. I used it over UDPP. I have Destinee sitting in my US PO box, I hope I can get it soon. Thank you and I hope you can get it to work! The GA ones are amazing! The colours might look boring at first but there are some really pretty duochromes, they look amazing on the eyes! I actually own only 2 of them because I get distracted by LEs but I'll get more soon. Great! What brush do you use? 
I actually use my fingers. I apply it with the brush applicator, then just pat it into place on my lids. If I use another ES as a crease color, I'll go in with my Chikuhodo blending brush. what about you?

mkoparanova

I actually use my fingers. I apply it with the brush applicator, then just pat it into place on my lids. If I use another ES as a crease color, I'll go in with my Chikuhodo blending brush. what about you?

I couldn't do anything with my fingers, the eyeshadow transferred from my lid to my finger and it stuck there. But these are two successful ways to apply them, so they are definitely not "unredeemable".

Psych1

I couldn't do anything with my fingers, the eyeshadow transferred from my lid to my finger and it stuck there. But these are two successful ways to apply them, so they are definitely not "unredeemable".
That's such a pretty brush! Unredeemable is clearly inaccurate, Especially when someone is applying a product one way & automatically classifies it as bad bc it doesn't work for them.

Latest posts