Disturbed By This Child

Nadeshda

I'll be damned if I ever let my pre-pubescent child run amuck on the Internet without my supervision, posting videos of herself doing loud makeup and blowing kisses. Where the hell are her parents???

*KT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by laperle
I looked like that when I was 14/15... I don't know, this girl doesn't look 12 to me.

I'm not defending it, but youtube was part of my generation, I'm sure I'd post whatever I felt like, even if my parents were not ok with that, because teens don't usually measure the consequences of their acts.

Plus, the zebra decoration seems way too advanced for a 12yo.

Actually, here in the US, there is all kinds of bedding/room decorations like that geared towards little girls. The chain store Target had some bright pink and zebra stripped bedroom sets. They sell it only in size twin and double bed sizes and just about every accessory imaginable is available for it. There's a lot of cute/funky stuff available for young girls here. So her decoration doesn't mean a whole lot.

I have to think she's either a small 12/13 year old, or is younger. I don't have a problem with the videos per se... but I wouldn't want my child putting their e-mail address out there at the end of each video so that people can contact her privately. IMO, that's just an invitation for creative perverts to pretend they are a young kid and lure her into giving personal information. "To Catch A Predator" anyone? *shudder*

laperle

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KT*
Actually, here in the US, there is all kinds of bedding/room decorations like that geared towards little girls. The chain store Target had some bright pink and zebra stripped bedroom sets. They sell it only in size twin and double bed sizes and just about every accessory imaginable is available for it. There's a lot of cute/funky stuff available for young girls here. So her decoration doesn't mean a whole lot.

Thanks for letting me know. I just thought that way because I'm 27 and there's a lot of zebra in my room. I hated this kind of stuff when I was 12.

smexiebinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
Okay, so...I'm one who's all for not sugar coating, but you ARE talking about a very young girl...a child. I know she's doing make up and trying to act like a grown up, but on YOUR part, don't you think it's inappropriate for you to speak about her in that manor?

She's doing outrageous, colorful, poorly applied make up...isn't that how we ALL started? Don't we have numerous posts of "OMG You'd never believe how I used to wear my liner" or "I used to wear hot pink glitter shadow" or "I used to wear sugar pink lip stick" and so on?

Come on now, you're talking about her not acting her age, but really, I think she is. She's just doing it on camera. People are so cynical about it all. Maybe her mom knows about it. And maybe she's only allowed to use the webcam in the family room when a parent is around. You just don't know the whole story.

I completely agree, it's as if you took the words out of my mind.
yes.gif

Shimmer

She definitely watches other tutorials. She's got the 'lingo' down quite well.

That said...
There's no way in hell my darling 12 year old will be given a webcam. She certainly isn't allowed to have a computer in her room. At no point in time will she be a member of YouTube, and if I catch her abusing the privilege of wearing makeup, I'll take it away.

The worldly attitude the girl in the video presents saddens me more than anything, because it's a sign of lazy parenting.

MiCHiE

Shimmer, bless your hands-on-parenting heart.

I don't even know why a child would need a web-cam or why in hell they would have access to it with no parent in sight.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
Shimmer, bless your hands-on-parenting heart.

I don't even know why a child would need a web-cam or why in hell they would have access to it with no parent in sight.

They don't need one. They don't need unsupervised access to MMS messaging or cellphones or anything like that either. They don't need access to the internet at their whim, and they certainly don't need Katie Price as a role model.
Lazy parenting pisses me off to no end because the child will do what the child is ALLOWED to do because the child is never taught anything any different.
Rahhhh.
I could rant for ages on this.

fafinette21

I can't imagine her parents are aware of this and are ok with it. But then, where does she get the money for all the makeup? How much money does a 12 year old have? It's not expensive makeup but it still adds up.

She even has a video on her "red lip" shades. Why does a 12 year old need red lipstick?? I don't even have red lipstick!

redambition

Shimmer, I agree whole-heartedly with your approach to parenting.

It's a pity that there are parents out there who are lazy or indulgent. In those cases I hope the kids have the good sense to stay out of any serious trouble. I hope this girl does too.

rockin26

I can't tell how old she is but I'm thinking around the 13 year old mark. Why can't kids just be kids? It seems like all they want to do is be older and society and products encourage it. What's with Tween wear?? And since when did there become a need for bras for 8 years olds, they don't even have boobs yet!! I think this girl is a product of the society we're in and I feel bad for her, childhood is over so fast and I'm glad I enjoyed mine riding bikes and playing with my friends.

smexiebinks

I think someone posted that she looks younger but in reality she is like 15+

Not sure, but it could be...I'm 20 and parents (at my job) thought I was 16 once. I even got 14 when I don't wear makeup....rawr. It's because I'm a shorty. lol.

TDoll

^^I dunno about 15+... I think back to that age and I was already driving, dating.... I sure as hell didn't look that young!

Simply Elegant

Well everyone matures at a different age. She looks about 14 to me. It's hard to tell around that age because they all start at a different age and that can make a huge difference in a child.

lipshock

Um, so did anyone else notice that she did a red lip tutorial request for someone that basically has a lipstick fetish. I say this because of viewing the videos this user has displayed on their channel....
th_dunno.gif
shockt.gif
th_confused_new.gif

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
Um, so did anyone else notice that she did a red lip tutorial request for someone that basically has a lipstick fetish. I say this because of viewing the videos this user has displayed on their channel....
th_dunno.gif
shockt.gif
th_confused_new.gif

Thats just scary. After you said that, I went and looked...and I blocked that guy! I don't want any fetish weirdos watching my videos!! lol

VDUB*BELLA

Quote:
th_dunno.gif
shockt.gif
th_confused_new.gif

Yeahhhhh creepy totally! I just saw that after you mentioned it... this person subsribes to vids with trannys so why is he/she requesting that a young child put on red lipstick!?
nonono.gif
ewwwwoooo

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDUB*BELLA
Yeahhhhh creepy totally! I just saw that after you mentioned it... this person subsribes to vids with trannys so why is he/she requesting that a young child put on red lipstick!?
nonono.gif
ewwwwoooo

What does that guy being a perv have to do with transexuals/transvestites/trandgender?

rockin26

Quote:
th_dunno.gif
shockt.gif
th_confused_new.gif

OMG!! That's terrible, and she's probably completely clueless as to the nature they're probably viewing that video for!? I don't have a problem with a lipstick fetish but combine that with a clearly underage girl and that to me = wrong!!

I wonder if you can report that video to you tube? Surely her parents don't know she does this
th_dunno.gif