ebay is so full of fakes!

MAC_Whore

I don't buy my MAC from ebay, but I just did a search for MAC in Health and Beauty for the hell of it. Seriously, no joke, probably 85% of what popped up on the first page were fakes from Thailand and China. It has just taken over. Shame for those who get duped.

panda0410

yup - i cant believe they get away with it. two days ago they flood listed au ebay with over 4000 - yes you read that right - fake pigment auctions. i reported and *most* were removed, but even the single auctions from us and other sellers more than half i can see are also fakes
ssad.gif

Dahlia_Rayn

I will never buy my MAC from eBay. I could be duped fairly easily since it's so hard to tell from those pictures sometimes! It drives me crazy, all this dishonesty in the world!

panda0410

ebay is good for some things though - you can find lost LEs there - many of my much older pigments came from there and they are authentic. You just have to be choosy.

AppleDiva

I hear ya. I have been selling some of my back-ups on eBay and I will say that sales have been slow lately.
ssad.gif

julie150463

I've got lots of lovely things to list but today Ebay Uk have allowed me to list one whole item
thmbdn.gif
and now I'm restricted again - it's driving me balmy!

Lissa

How are they restricting you, Julie? Is it just Mac? I'm a bit worried as I have some stuff to sell too!

melliquor

They people who sell fakes really ruin it for the others that don't. I always sell my backups on Ebay. This last time. They banned and told me to resubmit all my passports because they want to verify my identity. I just bloody did it in January. I think it is there way to make sure I am not selling fakes because I list alot of high end items sometimes. It is annoying.

I only buy off of Ebay for LE pigments that I can't find. I won't buy Pro and perm pigments from there. It is so hard to tell if they are fakes.

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
How are they restricting you, Julie? Is it just Mac? I'm a bit worried as I have some stuff to sell too!

I'm being restriced on how many items I can list in any 7 days (I do have a shop though so it might be different for individual sellers) Apparently it's a new initiative to 'keep eBay a safe trading environment'! What a joke!! The fact that Aussie sellers can seem to list in the 1000's doesn't seem to factor into their equation
thmbdn.gif

I think the restriction is being applied to all high end cosmetics - MAC, Estee Lauder, Lancome, YSL etc - Clinique seems ok at the minute but I don't sell much of that
ssad.gif
I must have 200 items - mostly LE - (I don't buy in bulk anymore after all my disasters with fake items) that is just sitting here.

I've written to the HO and to the complaints dept as the automated email service is a joke - don't suppose it'll do any good though.

Lissa

That's very unfair to shop sellers then
ssad.gif
typical how a few people always ruin things for the majority

well i'm very new to makeup, MAC and Ebay (sheesh lol)
and I could spot some fake brushes and eyeshadows.
Especially the ones from Hong Kong that say MAC'

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
That's very unfair to shop sellers then
ssad.gif
typical how a few people always ruin things for the majority

The best of it at the moment is it's just the UK!!! If it was across global eBay it wouldn't be such a difficult pill to swallow - but no - just us
thmbdn.gif

SkylarV217

there have been so many fake MAC pigments sold on Ebay through paypal that people were placing fraud charges through paypal. Paypal has began to require a statement from MAC to prove the items are fake. MAC refuses to provide a statement because the item was purchased through EBAY. So paypal has found a way to get around refunding money to people that have been cheated

rockin

The thing is, it's not PayPal's money that's being refunded to people - it's the sellers' ill-gotten gains, so why should PayPal try to wriggle out of it? By making it harder for people to be refunded for the purchase of fake goods, they are guilty of aiding and abetting these criminals.

Using PayPal to receive payment for counterfeit goods is in fact against the terms of your PayPal agreement, so why don't they ban these sellers?

Since PayPal is owned by Ebay, you would think that multiple claims for fake goods would trigger a report to Ebay, and the ebay account would be closed (as well as the PayPal one)

Xqueeze_me

eBay + Paypal = Money-hungry disastrous cons

They know jack poop about customer service that's why eBay and Paypal tends to wriggle out of disputes. Also, I reckon Paypal loses the % of money from the listing(s)/sale(s) when they have to return the $$ to buyers from the disputes... maybe that's why they're not so eager to return the money?

Then again, its bull poop when unsuspecting buyers buy fake MAC and they don't get a refund or protection from Paypal from it?! They know a lot of fakes are being sold on eBay that's why they don't protect those who buys the fakes. There are SO many fake listings and so much % of $$ from those listings, which MAY be why they do not care if buyers buy them but the % of $$ from the thousands of listings.

TamEva Le Fay

And here I've been snatchin' up Goldenaire Piggies like they're goin' out of style!
You know Miss TamEva won't be happy 'till she has 10 Backups of that..at least!

I'll be hoarding that color like rice!

I've had pretty good luck on eBay thus far. With some exceptional cases, for instance I purchased a Deckchair Piggie 'bout a month ago (before I was hip to the whole NIB thing). Not realizing that people don’t always keep the original box. Fair enough! Being a collector, though, I'm usually all about the "BOX"...you know!

Well, anyway, I received it, without box, clearly never been used, allegedly , but the labeling on it was significantly & evenly worn off, as though it had been rubbed, evenly, all the way around the jar, or washed a few times too many. It was strange...it wasn't completely gone, just faint, as if someone had been using the product a lot and was always reaching for it - a lot!

I simply chalked it up as one of those piggie jars that just were kickin’ around in someone’s makeup box...but again I have things kickin’ around my boxes too, but it still doesn't make the finish of the labels wear off.

It just wasn't consistent with the fact that it was, allegedly, "New - Never been Used" and still a Full Jar.

Furthermore, I've never seen any of my Piggie jar labels being worn off like this.

Those printed labels on the jars are, fairly, sturdy. Weird? I was going to email the seller after I got it and ask her what the deal was but...it seemed a rude thing do, and how would I ask about the worn label issue anyway?

“Um...excuse me, but do you, excessively, fondle your makeup?”

To say nothing of the fact that I wasn’t too impressed with Deckchair Piggie – (the finish seemed rather dull and lifeless)

Maybe, it was just one of those oddball rejects in manufacturing where the print roller didn’t function properly?

Do any of you have brand new Piggies Jars with faint print on them?

Another oddity on eBay, lately, is when I, clearly, see individuals bidding their savings away on the certain items, and then you see another seller offer the same item for a "But It Now" price for less than half the price of what the other item is going for, and will clearly sell for!

Case in point - The online seller Weekend_in_Paris --- selling Goldenaire piggies, among other things. They indicate they have 12 of this item for sale...O.K.....for $16.50 including shipping!!! Are you going tell me that's not the deal-of-the-century or what?!?
I bought two from them...they appear to be reputable. But I have to tell ya! I paid more than double that for my first two jars! In another auction the same piggie just went for $32.50 including shipping. It’s so strange, especially when the Weekend_in_Paris dealers advertised that they had over a dozen to sell!

Why would anyone else want to pay more than they have to? Well maybe they simply didn’t see the Weekend_in_Paris auction??? I happen to be one of those “Newly Listed” search fiends!

Thoughts anyone?

And – not that I’m complaining – mind you – but what’s the deal with free shipping on eBay? Especially, this day and age? Is it a red flag of some kind, or is it, simply, a we’re trying to blow it out the door SALE!?!

P.S. If TamEva is ever ripped off on ebay over a fake anythingtrust – you will hear the scream all the way to the east coast!!!

I do concur with you all about the downright sinister shenanigans goin’ down on eBay!!! Oh Lord where do we begin! When I approach eBay – what’s the first thing I say to myself, “Let’s if I can manage not to get ripped off today!?!” All one can really say is do your homework kids! Read Feedback, especially the negative ones, often times the negative feedback is just silly, though.
th_dunno.gif

I’m so bad…whenever I really need to make a last minute decision to purchase an item I’m not sure I want to buy, you know who - is you know where lookin’ up tutorials, recommendations, photos, swatches, stories, anything that will make me say – yes…let’s do it!

My last purchase I put all…the blame on Miss Chievous, due to her slammin’ use of the Accent Red Piggie….Girrrrrrrl!
That Woman knows how to sell some makeup!
winkiss.gif

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by babiid0llox
Does anyone think it's possible that there's heatherette fakes? I doubt it but...

I doubt it. They can't even fake LE quads and LE palettes... yet (touchwood!) so I seriously doubt they can fake the heatherette collection yet. They have all that crap 12 cream eyeshadows but that's pretty much it..? Too bad the fake pigments and eyeshadows are so closely similar.
angry.gif
I had so much fun depotting the eyeshadows but I don't even trust 99.9999% of the eBay sellers now to buy MAC eyeshadows off them. :/