Ever broken a perfume bottle?

chiquilla_loca

remind me never to carry a glass perfume bottle in my purse...
nonono.gif

my purse fell to the ground cuz it was on my shoulder, and i leaned over to pick something up, and boom a wonderful whiff of my fragrance came over me, the bottle broke luckily into only 2 pieces but it was the bottom corner of my bottle so everything spilled out, all over my receipts, gum, credit cards, money...well you get the picture
for months, my purse and my money smelled so pretty, i had a store clerk say when i was paying for something that they wanted to keep the dollar it smelled so good.

vocaltest

Yes, sadly
ssad.gif
!!

About 5 years ago, I had a bag which is hard to explain... it was kinda like a satchel bag? the top folded over like a flap and left gaps at the sides... hope that makes sense. Anyway, I was carrying my beloved Armani Sensi in it, when I had to run across a road and I must have jolted my bag funny and it slipped out the side
ssad.gif
. Needless to say, I never used that bag again.

Holy Rapture

Yes, I have ... Had this gifted perfume (which was AWESOME, by the way, don't remember the name!) ... It was this cute lil bottle held by a teddy on its lap (those lil plastic pellet toys) ... Well, I was quite small back then and just picked the bottle by the teddy's head ... Big mistake
tong.gif
The bottle fell on the floor and smashed
cry.gif
All my precious perfume was lost but, yea, my room smelt wonderful for a couple of months!
greengrin.gif

MrsMay

The only one I have smashed was my bottle of Dolce & Gabbana...It slipped out of my hands and into the bathtub where the top broke off and smashed. Luckily I was fast enough to salvage some of the perfume
winks.gif

BEA2LS

twice, the first time it was this victoria secret bottle. i was young and it was a splurge, so i understand. and of course they no longer make it, and they stopped making it by the time it broke!
ssad.gif

the second was my jessica simpson fancy. it didn't break but it now squirts instead of sprays which is sad. i love the way they spray, and that one sprayed like a really expensive one would (i still love that perfume though!!)
off-topic but i dropped my purse and my nail polish bottle (an ulta brand top coat) broke inside and went everywhere, it was so gross.

MissResha

never...yet.

but i'm gonna tell you something i did, that was so stupid, and i knew better but in the back of my head i kept saying "maybe its not true...and im too lazy"

u know those lil poofy things that come on some perfumes. you pinch it and it sprays? i forget what they're called. but i heard that you're not supposed to leave those on when you're not using your perfume because it'll evaporate your perfume.

But my dumb ass kept leaving it on my delicious and expensive bottle of Prada perfume. Why did half the jar evaporate within a couple of weeks. It was in my closet, so I didnt really keep an eye on it.

I was DEVASTATED!! I still want to cry just thinking about it. That was an $89 dollar bottle from my ex, and my absolute favorite perfume ever.

so never leave that poofy thing on your perfume for extended periods of time, or else it'll just disappear. so sad
ssad.gif

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
never...yet.

but i'm gonna tell you something i did, that was so stupid, and i knew better but in the back of my head i kept saying "maybe its not true...and im too lazy"

u know those lil poofy things that come on some perfumes. you pinch it and it sprays? i forget what they're called. but i heard that you're not supposed to leave those on when you're not using your perfume because it'll evaporate your perfume.

But my dumb ass kept leaving it on my delicious and expensive bottle of Prada perfume. Why did half the jar evaporate within a couple of weeks. It was in my closet, so I didnt really keep an eye on it.

I was DEVASTATED!! I still want to cry just thinking about it. That was an $89 dollar bottle from my ex, and my absolute favorite perfume ever.

so never leave that poofy thing on your perfume for extended periods of time, or else it'll just disappear. so sad
ssad.gif

thanks for pointing that out, i kept hearing it but also keep forgetting about it.

mslips

No, but I've cleaned up several broken bottle from idiot/ignorant customers. I work at Ulta and this happens, i accept those who have truly been sorry and apologized or even offered to help clean up, but there's been those who run to the other side so they wont get caught or they dont even bother apologizing..they just walk around and keep looking at perfumes and occasionally stare at you cleaning up their mess, but thats it..and what do i do? i glare.

Delerium

When I was waitressing,I had just gotten off my shift and was going out afterwards. I was in the manager's office talking to another employee while we waited for our checks. I took my perfume out of my bag to grab something else and the bottle slipped out of my hand and smashed all over the office floor. It was an almost full bottle of a GAP perfume that I had just gotten.
The entire office filled with the fragrance and it lasted for more than a week. My co-workers cheered...one of the things they always did there was cheer when a new server dropped plates of glasses breaking them. I wasn't new and had never dropped anything there, so all the newer employees teased me for awhile.