Fake 187 brush

Risser

100_1241.jpg

100_1243.jpg

100_1248.jpg

100_1247.jpg

I thought maybe I was tired of waiting new MAC collection.
weeping.gif
I bought a counterfeit MAC brush #187 from Yahoo! Taiwan Bid (as I can afford to pay the money) for reporting genuine and counterfeit brush. I got it on Monday morning, and I'm sure it's FAKE after a preliminary check for features. I'll post more information concerning this brush when back home.
smiles.gif

Risser

187table.gif

seller Yahoo!Taiwan ID: qpbdy
seller eBay ID: a23xqp (it's her email ID, I can't sure.)

I spent NT380(approx. USD11.70) for this brush. The seller emphasized that her items are new and 100% real (sounds ridiculous). She offers many well-known brand brushes for sale, eg. MAC, Bobbi Brown, Trish McEovy, NARS, Chanel and Givenchy etc. She also mackets brush sets, brush bags and some nutriments.

Hair shape & length
IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

Metal part
IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

**residual adhesive left.

The silver logo and type no.
IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

Paint saggings
IMG_2627.jpg

Country of origin
IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

Wooden handle shade
IMG_2614.jpg

Hair quantity
IMG_2626.jpg

Nylon hair resilience
IMG_2635.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

Please be careful when you wanna purchase brushes from the auction website.

queenofdisaster

wow! ppl seem to keep creating more and more different versions of fake brushes... hopefully ebay will do something about it soon...

Ambi

Random but... How does the fake one differ from the authentic quality wise? I mean can one tell it's a fake when you use it?

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi
Random but... How does the fake one differ from the authentic quality wise? I mean can one tell it's a fake when you use it?

it probably doesn't differ very much...

DaizyDeath

im no expert on fake brushes but im shure that i would definitly fall for that and say its real without ever knowing any better.

What i was wondering when i read this was what if people buy a bunch of really good counterfits and buy real brushes from mac and then say they want to return the brushes but actually return the counterfits...hmmm i could see people doing that but maybe its just beacuse im really tired right now and need to sleep hahahaha

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risser
Well, it's a really busy day...I need go to bed first.
Please visit my album(Link), I'll update them and make a compared table with descriptions here asps.

Wow! Thanks! That is a truly wonderful comparison
smiles.gif
Thank you for posting it.

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaizyDeath
What i was wondering when i read this was what if people buy a bunch of really good counterfits and buy real brushes from mac and then say they want to return the brushes but actually return the counterfits...hmmm i could see people doing that but maybe its just beacuse im really tired right now and need to sleep hahahaha

I definitely would not put it past them. People have returned fake purses to Nordstrom, so anything is possible.

Risser

Update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofdisaster
it probably doesn't differ very much...

Yes, no noticeable difference between authentic and counterfeit when using.

neotrad

Thanks for letting us know!
I've heard the tv news that many fake brushes(not only brushes but also many designers' brands stuff) are made in China mostly...

sandsonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risser
Update!

Yes, no noticeable difference between authentic and counterfeit when using.

I guess you can be grateful for that, at least. I got suckered by a counterfeit one on E-Bay and it shed HORRENDOUSLY. It was hard picking all the little black hairs off my face. I broke down and bought the real thing from Mac, and I don't have that problem. I still kept the fake though, because shedding slowed after washing and it is somewhat useful. I want to use it for applying foundation because I've read raves about the 187 for that, but I don't want to muck up my good one!

Fizzymartini

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotrad
Thanks for letting us know!
I've heard the tv news that many fake brushes(not only brushes but also many designers' brands stuff) are made in China mostly...

All the SE brushes are made in China... I don't have any big versions so I don't know where they're made! hmm...
hmm.gif

michiwichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik
I guess you can be grateful for that, at least. I got suckered by a counterfeit one on E-Bay and it shed HORRENDOUSLY. It was hard picking all the little black hairs off my face. I broke down and bought the real thing from Mac, and I don't have that problem. I still kept the fake though, because shedding slowed after washing and it is somewhat useful. I want to use it for applying foundation because I've read raves about the 187 for that, but I don't want to muck up my good one!

i think i got the exact same one, but i didn't even try using it. it was already shedding! weird thing was, the seller insisted it was real, although she was willing to refund $25 (won the auction at $35), and let me keep the brush since she didn't want me to go through the hassle of sending it back to her in the States from Canada ....

Seary_Fairy

Do all 187 country of origin font's look like that? I got a 187 recently from the store and my font looks exactly like the counterfeit font? I'm confused...

???

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seary_Fairy
Do all 187 country of origin font's look like that? I got a 187 recently from the store and my font looks exactly like the counterfeit font? I'm confused...

???

No - not all brushes have the country inprinted in that same font. I have several brushes store bought and they have differing fonts, two like the counterfeit shown here and 3 like the other one. I think people need to be really careful before deeimg items counterfeit - this 187 is clearly fake, it has several counterfeit markers, but that doesnt mean that ALL brushes with that same country imprint are.

Kuuipo

I would only buy MAC brushes from MAC. They may cost a little more, but the performance compared to a counterfit brush makes it worth the difference. I'm not talking about just shedding,either. The 187 is designed to be multi use,if you bear down on it,the natural goat is a great buffing brush,the synthetic tips are great for foundation. You can also apply blush and powder as well-it is made for all that! A fake is just made to resemble the real thing-sometimes it only simulates the appearance and not the performance. If you want to save a few bucks,Sephora has a stippling brush of comparable quality to MAC's. Brushes are so important....you can get away with working with an inferior brand of makeup if you have to and you have really fine brushes. Brushes are an investment!

ruqayya33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
I would only buy MAC brushes from MAC. They may cost a little more, but the performance compared to a counterfit brush makes it worth the difference. I'm not talking about just shedding,either. The 187 is designed to be multi use,if you bear down on it,the natural goat is a great buffing brush,the synthetic tips are great for foundation. You can also apply blush and powder as well-it is made for all that! A fake is just made to resemble the real thing-sometimes it only simulates the appearance and not the performance. If you want to save a few bucks,Sephora has a stippling brush of comparable quality to MAC's. Brushes are so important....you can get away with working with an inferior brand of makeup if you have to and you have really fine brushes. Brushes are an investment!

iagree.gif

I got had, buying a fake 187 (not know it was fake) and it was money almost wasted..... (I refuse to toss it quite yet. I'm using it to sweep e/s and mascara flakes off my cheeks. Not what I had intended it for.)

My fake one sheed and bled like crazy, even after pooing it 10x. Yuck! It's of no good use for actual product application.