Fake MAC on Trademe

littlepickle

Thought it would be good to have a specific thread for we kiwi girls using Trademe. Please post any finds here so we can all be aware!

I got my first fake MAC in the mail today, from a seller called cherryieong. To be fair I don't think she realized it was fake, as I saw in her feedback she had purchased it from someone else in the first place. My fault really, I took a chance on it as it was $16
tong.gif
I've emailed explaining and we shall see what comes back! Here are the comparison pics. The fake Frozen White is on the left, authentic Lovely Lily is on the right.
4546520715_fe9da186b7.jpg

4547155546_56a8322fa5.jpg

4546520423_095b60777d.jpg

littlepickle

She's refunded me, so that's nice
smiles.gif
She was very apologetic too, hopefully the pictures I provided will help her from accidentally selling fakes again

panda0410

Well at least you got your refund! Some sellers are downright horrible... do you leave FB on trademe? The site isnt the same as all the other ebays, I've glanced there a couple of times and the format always throws me a little off
winks.gif

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepickle
Yes I did, I said that they inadvertently sold me a fake but refunded me.
Haha, Ebay throws me off! So it goes both ways
smiles.gif
Could someone check this for me?
MAC Eyeshadow for sale - TradeMe.co.nz - New Zealand I know eyeshadows used to come in a case like this but the lettering looks wrong to me.

Wow. If that is real, it's very old - I don't think MAC haven't had eyeshadows in screwtop containers in over a decade, if I'm not mistaken. I'd steer clear and buy something fresh
smiles.gif

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Wasn't a very clear picture on the auction, my fault for taking a chance on it
smiles.gif

and now she is trying to sell it again!

littlepickle

Seriously? WTF?! Off to report...
EDIT:
I don't see it?

Anyway, here are some new fakes I received yesterday, purchased from a bulk lot here: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=284995922
My logic tends to run that someone clearing out a bunch of stuff from the make up collection doesn't have any agenda trying to sell me fakes but I guess that's pretty flawed logic, and some people don't even know they've got fakes. Now I can see if I had actually bothered to look harder, that the stickers on the eyeshadows are visible in the picture :s Stupid me!

They're really, REALLY bad fakes too :s
Compared to my Hot Hot Hot genuine box, and genuine Shimmermoss eyeshadow.
4566047305_a65a43243b.jpg

Wrong sized box!
4566047347_4de74a9133.jpg

4566047419_d81d7aeb78.jpg

Same barcodes...
4566047757_0c6b530b0e.jpg

4566677468_23903ec572.jpg

4566047903_3b734f0d71.jpg

4566677692_b1ef276a94.jpg

4566677816_bc9662144c.jpg

4566677928_5d0bd2bea2.jpg

4566048357_847c4f33ff.jpg

The dreaded mirror and applicator!
And the lipglosses look fake to me too. I'm pretty sure they are, just want a confirmation from you guys before I email the seller.
4566677160_258323216f.jpg

Font is too thick and poorly printed
4566047565_b9226f7ef8.jpg

4566047617_7fea6b0213.jpg

Doesn't even say MAC on it, does not properly seal
4566677350_a4d7737f64.jpg

Batch code printed over rest of information, looks like it has been glued there badly
The lipglosses both have a chemical smell, not the MAC vanilla.
Sigh. I feel dumb. Happens to the best of us though! Crossing fingers I can get my money back.

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Seriously? WTF?! Off to report...
EDIT:
I don't see it?

shes done a fixed price offer. youve been having a bit of bad luck, poor thing!

littlepickle

Thanks NZSallyb, I've reported her to Trademe. That's so cheeky :s
Yes I am having a bit of bad luck, but the second time was just pretty silly of me really.

littlepickle

WTF?
This is the email I got back regarding the fakes:

hello , wow i didnt know that they were FAKE!! i got them as gifts from my friend and its not appropriate to ask her if she gave me fake products as a gift , if its not that embarassing for me i would totally ask her before selling them , but i searched the net and i read that to know real mac is that they all have names and made in canada and both of these do apply with the products i sold u , iam not an expert with mac and these items are the only ones i owned , i would happlily refund the money u paid if i didnt state no refund in my auction , i needed the money urgently to pay bills and u can see from my other auctions iam selling brand new products i own to get money to pay bills ,so iam really sorry but as i stated no refunds , so if u want to place a bad feedback its ok with me coz as i told u if i did have the money i will happily refund it . srry for the dissapointment .

littlepickle

Directly into bank account, it's how we do it in NZ. She's given me negative feedback too and says if I'm so familiar with MAC that I should have told her before winning the auction?!

marusia

Um...wow. what a b****. If you had used any other source, I could have helped.
ssad.gif
I have potential suppliers ask for wire transfers, and I never use that person because I wouldn't have the buyer protection I'd have with my credit card or paypal.
ssad.gif
I'd just stay off that site from now on. Did you pay a lot?

littlepickle

Around $30. I can't stay off that site, I run my business with it. It's just how we do it in New Zealand. I just got unlucky and got someone that wouldn't refund.

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Around $30. I can't stay off that site, I run my business with it. It's just how we do it in New Zealand. I just got unlucky and got someone that wouldn't refund.

that just stinks, how could you know they were fakes before winning the auction??? i only buy from sellers that i know sell authentic stuff. some people suck

angi

Quote:
WTF?
This is the email I got back regarding the fakes:

hello , wow i didnt know that they were FAKE!! i got them as gifts from my friend and its not appropriate to ask her if she gave me fake products as a gift , if its not that embarassing for me i would totally ask her before selling them , but i searched the net and i read that to know real mac is that they all have names and made in canada and both of these do apply with the products i sold u , iam not an expert with mac and these items are the only ones i owned , i would happlily refund the money u paid if i didnt state no refund in my auction , i needed the money urgently to pay bills and u can see from my other auctions iam selling brand new products i own to get money to pay bills ,so iam really sorry but as i stated no refunds , so if u want to place a bad feedback its ok with me coz as i told u if i did have the money i will happily refund it . srry for the dissapointment .

I cannot believe that she sent you that! How ridiculous - often you need the products to know that they are fake! It might state in her listing that she doesn't issue refunds, but it also states in her listing that those are MAC eyeshadows - so how she can intend to rely on one part of her listing when another is completely untrue is highly annoying.

Not being familiar with the way NZ payments work - is there any way you can get your money back - could you ask the bank to reverse the transfer? I would also threaten to report her to local authorities etc if you can for selling counterfeit items and theft (because she HAS stolen your money), unless she refunds you.

Makes me so angry!
angry.gif

anita22

As much as I hate to say it, I think you might just have to chalk this one up for a learning experience
ssad.gif
I think it's highly likely she was aware that they were fake and has just fed you a bunch of excuses.