Fake MAC seller - Closetmustgo??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran1

I feel so stupid, I have always thought this seller sold me genuine MAC until I bought MAC lustering lipstick of her, now can someone tell me this is not a total FAKE, please take a look at this picture..

DSC02099.jpg

I have also bought several eyeshadows from her in the past including an eye kohl, now I have recently compared it to one which I bought from MAC themselves and the one closetmustgo sold me is more rounder at the bottom and the lid will not fit on the bottom whereas the ones I bought from MAC do!

Now, I really do not know what to do, I have emailed her and her reply was....

I honestly have no clue what you are referring to. I only sell what I purchase direct from mac. I have seen a lot of counterfeit mac, but never have I seen a counterfeit mac lipstick. NEVER. This is a genuine mac lipstick I assure you. That lipstick came to me in a PRO store lot. All items in it were from the pro line. Most were a bit older, but still fresh. That may explain the size difference as they have changed over the years. You can tell this by looking at older mac product versus new mac product. I can provide you with a mac selling guide on ebay that will explain to you that any time you take an item to a mac counter to verify its authenticity, they will tell you it is fake if you did not buy it from them. I have actually done this myself with products I purchased direct from the same counter and been told they were fake. Its the way Mac works. The guides I refer to are on ebay for anyone to see. I am happy to provide you with that link. Mac has a reputation of not being terribly consistent in packaging and product variations. Mostly due to their manufacturing all over the globe. You can buy two of the same item from the same mac counter and depending on their manufacturing site, they will vary. I have found this many many times in my purchases direct from the mac counter, mac wholesale and the mac outlet here in my state. If you are not happy with the lipstick, just send it back. I stand behind all my products as genuine as I am an honest seller and would NEVER sell fakes. I have recieved them many times myself and would never take advantage of anyone by selling them.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I should say one more thing about mac not being on that tube...that is an older tube and they did not have that on tubes when that was manufactured. You can look up the manufacture date on that tube as it could be on it and see. I have several older tubes of mac that are straigth from the mac counter and they do not have the MAC logo on the silver part. Its is the old way they made them. You need to realize that packaging has changed a lot over the years. They even used to have square top tubes. [/FONT]

elegant-one

I don't know if there has been any conclusion about this seller. Many of us have purchased authentic product from her, and others feel that they have received fakes. I'm not exactly sure what the final verdict is???

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I don't know if there has been any conclusion about this seller. Many of us have purchased authentic product from her, and others feel that they have received fakes. I'm not exactly sure what the final verdict is???

I think its a combination thing - I have received authentic items from her, but the pigments posted earlier here ARE fakes. I guess she is stocking both real and fake and either doesnt know (unlikely gievn the number of complaints she ahs had) or doesnt care (LIKELY!)..... The thing is buyer beware, we KNOW she is stocking fake items so buyers need to be picky with what they choose.

As far as the lippie goes I am uncertain, the only square top lippies that I know were the ones from Stylistics and Couture - the rest are all round, even the super old ones were round, they just didnt have a domed top on the lid - the top of the lid was flat. I have seen these very old lipsticks faked, but not the newer ones, Of course I could be wrong.

The pencils DO come in different sizes, believe me, I have had a few and there are a lot that arent the same so I woudlnt worry to much about that. I would be more inclined to worry about a pigment or eyeshadow atm, but take them to your nearest MAC for comparison if you are worried
smiles.gif

abbyquack

this definitely is a tricky one because i haven't seen a fake l/s either, although i'm positive it's possible, considering everything else they can fake. as far as the eye kohls, i wouldn't stress about the lid, mine either fit or they don't and they're straight from MAC. also, she is right, MAC is pretty inconsistent with their packaging. i compared like 10 e/s to each other and they were all different in their markings...so i dunno...

Divinity

I've shopped with this seller and am shocked to hear she's getting a bad rap here. I've only shopped with her once before and my item was authentic, but it's good to know people here are having issues with authenticity as I will be wary of buying from her.

MissX

I bought two creme blushes and a lipgloss off her as well. Now I am wondering if they are fake too. I will post some pics later I hope they are the real deal!

Vedra

Honestly, I really think this could be either a manufacturing quirk or old packaging as the seller said - out of curiosity I just looked at my oldest MAC lipstick, it's from 02 (see last digit of batch number) and also doesn't have MAC printed on the silver part. I'd ask around in the chat section to see if other people got older l/s like this, otherwise it looks perfectly real to me.

edit: found another old one of mine from 02, it also doesn't have the printing on the silver part.

elegant-one

I've purchased several items from this seller, even pro items & they were all
100% authentic. not to say that some fakes can't make their way in, but I personally haven't received any fakes.

panda0410

HAHA! Just tripped a memory - fake lippie Bronze Shimmer had slipped my mind...lol! This IS in a new lipstick bullet, but it was limited to that colour and one other I think.....

missjewell

I have bought several things from her and have found them to be authentic. But I have heard on other boards that she has some fake stuff, so I am not sure. I just no that I have had good experiences with her.

Twinkelstar

I really did not know she had this rep.. Well now I'm doubting about purchasing pigments here.. As far as I'm concerned its not safe to buy these anywhere on ebay..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts