Fake Pigments Closetmustgo

Kana

here are the pictures of the pigments i bought from closetforyou.
they are from left to right:
grape, kelly green, chartreuse, silver fog, emerald green
i also thought that closet must gop is a respectable seller, but after reading more here on specktra i'm now really doubting my pigment.
ecspecially chartreuse....it dosnt look anything like the pics i saw on the forum. i didnt notice at first, because i really thought this was a good seller...
what do you think?

P3151679.jpg

P3151678.jpg

P3151681.jpg

P3151683.jpg

panda0410

I dont own, nor have ever owned Kelly Green or Chartruese so I cant help with those. But I do own Grape, Silver Fog and Emerald Green so -
Grape - looks fine. It should have an "almost" matte apperance and be flickered with red particles which you should easily be able to see in light - I can see it in this pic atcually
winks.gif

Silver Fog - also looks fine from what I can see.
Emerald Green - It sort of has a similar consistency to grape except that it has a diamond like particle through the pigment which you should be able to see in light - it glimmers and flickers a gorgeous diamond flick in the green pigment and I can see a tiny bit of this in the lid in the very first pic - it looks real enough to me.

Kana

i had a small vail of chartreuse, it was a lot brighter green then this one. it is more yellow green in this version, thats why i started to doubt. also my sticjer on the bottom of je jars is not transparent or silver, its a bit matte..

i read that thats also the case in fakes?

panda0410

The vials I havent seen a fake of yet so if your vial was bright green then its a fair bet that the jar is fake.

Which of your jars have dodgy base stickers on them??

Kana

they all have the sticker like the one in the other topic about a closetmustgo pigmnet ( greenbrown)

Xqueeze_me

The Chartreuse is definitely fake because the colour is not the bright lime green that I have.

The Chartreuse in the pics are more *eww* mucus green. Emerald Green is definitely off too. :/

It sucks that you got the fakes, Kana! I hope you'll get your refund asap!!

panda0410

can you get a pic of the base stickers?

like the deep blue green unfortunately the pigment itself LOOKED real enough, it was the swatch that proved it fake

Kana

i havent emailed closetforyou yet, i have had the pigments for over a month now, is it to late to email you think?

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana
i havent emailed closetforyou yet, i have had the pigments for over a month now, is it to late to email you think?

I think its best that you quickly get your refund from her because after 45 days from the day of purchase, you won't be able to file a dispute after.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
The Chartreuse is definitely fake because the colour is not the bright lime green that I have.

The Chartreuse in the pics are more *eww* mucus green. Emerald Green is definitely off too. :/

It sucks that you got the fakes, Kana! I hope you'll get your refund asap!!

going off the colour in a photo is not an accurate way to distinguish a fake.

Please see this thread

photos can have a distorted colour due to white balance, flash, the light in the room and so many other factors, including the processor in the camera. to tell someone a pigment is fake off a colour in a photo? hasty.

julie150463

Not much help but Emerald Green, Chartruese and Silver Fog (jogged my memory) were included in the fakes I bought so they're obviously doing the rounds.

File your dispute before the time runs out and you can sort the rest from there.

Good luck

Julie

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
going off the colour in a photo is not an accurate way to distinguish a fake.

Please see this thread

photos can have a distorted colour due to white balance, flash, the light in the room and so many other factors, including the processor in the camera. to tell someone a pigment is fake off a colour in a photo? hasty.

I know what I'm talking about therefore I commented otherwise I wouldn't have posted a reply to this thread.

panda0410

Quote:
how do i do this? do i email her or do i start a dispute ?

Both!

Quote:
@panda0410 Yes, my chartruese looks the same as that pic.! [/I]

Then the chartruese is definitely fake! What about the emerald green??? - is it the same as the one in that pic because I think the one you have is OK......

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I have pinched a pic courtesy of FAKES emerald green and chartruese (and accent red) from itmgndsboutique
s.gif
on ebay - do yours look like this??

7bde_1.JPG

once again - you can't go off the colour of a product in a photo to distinguish it as a fake.

please see my earlier post - there's a link to a thread that shows just how much camera settings and lighting can affect the appearance of a colour.

Kana - are you able to post pictures showing the jars, the stickers on the bottom of the jars and the boxes the pigments came in? This can be a more reliable way of identifying a fake.

edit: Kana - I saw your post with the bases of the jars - thanks. that will be a help to those trying to actually figure this out.