Fake Pigments Closetmustgo

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana
so what do you think???
to bad i dont have the original pigments to compare them with....

Which is really unfortunate and as redambition has pointed out, different lighting (and angles) makes the shades look different so the best way is to compare the pigments you bought from Closetmustgo and authentic MAC pigments to see the difference.
ssad.gif

Chartreuse still gives me the creeps.

panda0410

Quote:
tis is the pic from closetmustgo ebay shop, this is the chartreuse she is still selling, and it looks really different then the one i got from her!
ea13_1_sbl.jpg

This is probably her stock pic and she will reuse it every time she lists this colour most likely, if she isnt already using a template with the entire listing and pic every time she lists.

Kana

do any of you know where i can get a authentic chartreuse pigment?
i really want to compare them!

Kana

the stupid thing is, i also bought copper sparkle pigment from her, and that jar is really different. the printing is different, the sticker is silver. the whole jar looks really different and authentic! strange dont you think, this would mean she has fake and real ones... why would she do that???

panda0410

I'm guessing she didnt realise and she may not get all her stock from one supplier - she probably gets it from several suppliers.

You can get authentic pigment samples off 1165cheryl - cheryl - in the sale thread of the clearance bin here
winks.gif

Kana

here the botoms of the kelly green and copper sparkle...
P3151719.jpg

and the printing on the jars...
P3151718.jpg

ExquisiteImages

The pigments posted in the first post look authentic to me. The clear labels with the shade of the pigment and the date code are correct.

I have BNIB authentic jars of Grape, Emerald Green, Silver Fog, and Kelly Green that I can take a picture of and will post it later tonight.

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
i know that the chartruese is a fake, because i bought a vail of the same color and the colour in de closetmustgo pigment is way of! it looks more yellow than green!

I know where closetmustgo gets her stock from. I'm not backing her up or anything, but the pigments she purchased as wholesale comes from a MAC warehouse in Canada. They had a whole bunch of shelf pulls that had date codes from years ago. For example, I have 2 Chartreuse pigments, one with a date code of AB4 and AB6. One was produced in 2004 and one was produced in 2006 so perhaps that's why there's a slight color difference. Another example is Golden Lemon. Golden Lemon was pulled from the shelves last year and for a little while was not available for sale on MAC's website because MAC was reformulating Golden Lemon. So the old ones that's floating around as compared to new ones will have slight color payoff since the newer Golden Lemon pigments were reformulated.

I hope you're understanding what I'm trying to explain.

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquisiteImages
I know where closetmustgo gets her stock from. I'm not backing her up or anything, but the pigments she purchased as wholesale comes from a MAC warehouse in Canada. They had a whole bunch of shelf pulls that had date codes from years ago. For example, I have 2 Chartreuse pigments, one with a date code of AB4 and AB6. One was produced in 2004 and one was produced in 2006 so perhaps that's why there's a slight color difference. Another example is Golden Lemon. Golden Lemon was pulled from the shelves last year and for a little while was not available for sale on MAC's website because MAC was reformulating Golden Lemon. So the old ones that's floating around as compared to new ones will have slight color payoff since the newer Golden Lemon pigments were reformulated.

I hope you're understanding what I'm trying to explain.

your saying there all authentic?

panda0410

Quote:
here the botoms of the kelly green and copper sparkle...
P3151719.jpg

and the printing on the jars...
P3151718.jpg

these both look alright, I have copper sparkle and this one seems fine - the only thing I see that might be a problem is the stamping of the batch code - in stamped codes its usually found ABOVE the name...... I have hundreds of pigments and NONE of the stamped codes are below the names so maybe you ca take a pic of the pigment with the lid off? can you do closeup pics like this of the emerald green, and also one close up of the emerald green with the lid off so I can clearly see the actual pigment?

look_divine

am i the only one thats opened a dispute with closetmustgo?
surely paypal will do something if she has multiple disputes for the same reasons?
or not i dont know how it works really
ssad.gif

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi.
ExquisiteImages what do you think about this pigment i got from her?
Its Green Brown
2s7bzo6.jpg

same as mine not got any green in it
ssad.gif

mine looks all gold has no tinge of green it it at all

MACForME

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
same as mine not got any green in it
ssad.gif

mine looks all gold has no tinge of green it it at all

Yikes! That looks NOTHING like my green/brown.. That looks more like Jardin Airs.. I will go take some pics and post them for you.

MACATTAK

To me the colors all look off & like Xqueeze_me said, they should have clear labels, not frosted ones.

MACForME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACForME
Yikes! That looks NOTHING like my green/brown.. That looks more like Jardin Airs.. I will go take some pics and post them for you.

OK- Here is a pic of Green/Brown,
IMG_0009.jpg

and then a pic of greenbrown, jardin aires and sunnydaze.. in that order.
IMG_0007.jpg

Sushi.

that would be awesome MACForME!
ya i thought green brown was more green and brown instead of just pure gold.. lol i thought it was darker tho as well