Fake Pigments Closetmustgo

Kana

i know that the chartruese is a fake, because i bought a vail of the same color and the colour in de closetmustgo pigment is way of! it looks more yellow than green!

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
I know what I'm talking about therefore I commented otherwise I wouldn't have posted a reply to this thread.

i'm sorry, but i think it's very arrogant of you to make that comment.

if you actually take a look at that thread you'll see how much the colour of product can vary just due to different camera settings, or even someone's monitor settings.

colour in photos is not a reliable way to ID fakes.

Kana

i'm sorry but i threw the boxed away! stupid of me! i just belived this seller to be good, i looked in the list of trusted sellers here on specktra, and she was on that list!

Kana

P3151685.jpg

Kana

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Both!

Then the chartruese is definitely fake! What about the emerald green??? - is it the same as the one in that pic because I think the one you have is OK......

i think my emerald green looks like that pic as wel...
ssad.gif

girl_devil.gif
girl_devil.gif
girl_devil.gif

and all the stickers are the same on all jars.....
i feel so frustrated!!!!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
once again - you can't go off the colour of a product in a photo to distinguish it as a fake.

please see my earlier post - there's a link to a thread that shows just how much camera settings and lighting can affect the appearance of a colour.

If you look carefully and read the post properly I wasnt making a distinct reference to colour - I was asking about the texture as well as the overall appearance, perhaps I didnt make that clear enough.

Xqueeze_me

The labels on the bottom of the jars are exactly the same as the updated fake pigments. It should be clear/see-through and not translucent/frosty.

panda0410

That would be good if you can - shame you dont have same real samples to compare to, but some swatches would be good!

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana
shall i put the colours on my hand and post them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
That would be good if you can - shame you dont have same real samples to compare to, but some swatches would be good!

She's got Chartreuse to compare! Yay!
smiles.gif

I'll be waiting patiently for the swatches, Kana.

Kana

i havent got the chartreuse vial anymore, i gave it away when i ordered my fullsize....
but i will make swatches of all the colours right now!

redambition

Quote:
i havent got the chartreuse vial anymore, i gave it away when i ordered my fullsize....

that can make it tricky... i know sometimes i remember colours a bit differently to what they actually are.

it would be ideal to compare these against known authentic pigments... pity we don't have that opportunity at the moment. swatches may help but we still run into the colour/photog issue with them
ssad.gif

the stickers do look different from memory, i'll have to check out my pigments at home when i get back there tomorrow. I bought some piggies recently so i can compare the labels.

panda0410: thanks for clarifying - i get what you mean about the texture etc now
smiles.gif

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
it would be ideal to compare these against known authentic pigments... pity we don't have that opportunity at the moment. swatches may help but we still run into the colour/photog issue with them
ssad.gif

Quote:

That's unfortunate! :/

Kana

here are the swatches:

first chartreuse:
P3151693.jpg

second with kelly green above the chartreuse:
P3151696.jpg

P3151695.jpg

Kana

so what do you think???
to bad i dont have the original pigments to compare them with....

panda0410

The grape is definitely real - theres just no comparison for that colour, its the only purple with a red flick to it! I cant help with the kelly green or chartruese. The emerald green I'm not sure about now - I dont like the swatch - it should have a diamond like flick to it, mine certainly does even when swatched so I'm not sure about yours
ssad.gif

Kana

tis is the pic from closetmustgo ebay shop, this is the chartreuse she is still selling, and it looks really different then the one i got from her!
ea13_1_sbl.jpg