Favorite Mixers drink recipes!

Bernadette

My Mom gave me this recipe and they are oh so yummy. Beware though they're pretty strong!

1/4th cup cream of coconut (not coconut milk. You can find this stuff in the booze section at the store)
1/4th cup Malibu Rum
1/4th cup Vodka
Sprinkle with cinnamon on top

The 1/4th of a cup vodka was too strong for me so I make em with just one shot. I don't even like coconut but woo these things are sooo tasty!
drinks.gif

Thanks Bernadette for starting the thread. Everybody's got a favorite drink, give us the recipe for yours!

MAC_Whore

Sounds good. And strong. 3 sips would floor me!
lol.gif
I am a lightweight. When I have a cold, Nyquil gives me a buzz.
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
......1/4th cup cream of coconut (not coconut milk. You can find this stuff in the booze section at the store)

I use Cream of Coconut occasionally with cooking. If you can't find it in the "Booze Section" you can usually find it in the aisles with Hispanic/Asian/Eastern Indian cooking ingredients. Coco Lopez is a good brand.

Cheers!

PS I really wish my grocery store listed it as the "Booze Section", as that would be too funny!
lol.gif

Bernadette

Coco Lopez is the brand of cream of coconut I bought
winks.gif
Everyone knows it's the booze section! Hahah :ilike:

kaliraksha

Ohhh I'm always looking for more recipes! You know what I love... when I got my grocery store and part of the cookie aisle name is "Hispanic Cookies" and I'm like "really there are hispanic cookies?" I have all these stereotypical thoughts in my head and well it makes me LoL... however it was just a side note... and not offensive at all b/c I'm Hispanic.

Yay, disclaimers!

Bernadette

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Ohhh I'm always looking for more recipes! You know what I love... when I got my grocery store and part of the cookie aisle name is "Hispanic Cookies" and I'm like "really there are hispanic cookies?" I have all these stereotypical thoughts in my head and well it makes me LoL... however it was just a side note... and not offensive at all b/c I'm Hispanic.

Yay, disclaimers!

Haha are there little cookies with little sombreros??? I've never heard of such a thing. I'm part Mexican so there is my disclaimer too!

jenii

Pretty strong, eh? That's exactly how I like 'em.
winks.gif

That sounds good. I know I've got Malibu lying around somewhere, and voddy, but no cream of coconut. I suppose I'll have to improvise.

Shimmer

Dirty Girl Scout
1 oz vodka
1 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur
1 oz Bailey's® Irish cream
1 oz white creme de menthe

Mix the vodka, kahlua and bailey's and pour over ice. Pour the creme de menthe down the center of the glass. Looks gross, but tastes delicious!
Absolut Summer
1 1/2 oz Absolut® Citron vodka
3/4 oz sweet and sour mix
1/2 oz Sprite® soda
3 oz soda water
1 slice lemon

Add all ingredients except lemon to shaker filled with ice. Cover and shake vigorously. Strain contents into ice filled collins glass. Garnish with lemon.

*note* A great summer refresher. Shaking and straining the drink makes it frothy. This drink is also good when you need to 'wet your whistle'. A good first drink of the afternoon or evening.

Bald Pussy
1 1/2 shots melon liqueur
1 shot lime vodka
1 shot Absolut® vodka
1 shot triple sec
1 1/2 shots blueberry schnapps
1 splash lime juice
1 splash 7-Up® soda
Pour ingredients over ice in a highball glass and shake.

Godiva Chocolate Martini
1 1/2 shots Godiva® chocolate liqueur
1 1/2 shots creme de cacao
1/2 shot vodka
2 1/2 shots half-and-half
Mix all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake and pour into a chilled cocktail glass.

Diva
1 1/2 oz Absolut® vodka
1/2 oz passion-fruit juice
1/2 oz lime juice
1 tbsp cherry juice
fill with 7-Up® soda
Pour and build in a tall glass or collins glass. Fill with 7-up. Garnish with cherry and lime.

IslandGirl77

My favorite, becuase I dont' really drink liquor I'm a beer gal. LOL

Vodka, Cranberry juice and a splash of Ruby Red Grapefruit juice.

Shimmer

I'm not even really a drinker, by any standard. I drank at Ko Olina when we went to the Luau but that was the first time in the better part of a year.
I do like to entertain though and it's always nice to be able to give people a treat.
smiles.gif

Raerae

This thread belongs in the "deep thoughts" section! It obviously requires more attention as a good drink is defeneteley a serious subject
winks.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I love a good margarita. but i RARELY get them Usually its like I'm drinking, straight bottled margarita mix... .. . with cheap Tequila.. gross. Ive had one amazing Margarita in a tiny little dive bar in Hollywood. I forgot the name of it it was a small margarita and it was 6 bucks! but damn it was good!