First face piercing - which one? If any at all...

Sound Of Vision

I see there are lots of girls and ladies with piercings around here so I thought to ask you for an opinion.

I was fascinated with piercing since early adolescence, but never got around to do anything more than 4 holes in my earlobes.

And recently I got that idea stuck in my head again! So I'd like to do something about it.

Well, nothing big for the start. I was thinking nostril or eyebrow or both. And someone suggested vertical labret would look great on me.

I'll be self-critic enough and say that I know I have weird face shape - high cheeks and bigger head, so I'm kinda in doubt.

I was thinking something like this for the eyebrow:
piercing5.jpg

and a stud for the nostril.

So not to repost pics from New Year's FoTD post here (well, most decent looking and recent ones) here's a link where you can see more pictures.

1730222181_9670b72eb7.jpg

Not really close-up, but you can see the size of my head, hahaha.

And few clickables

Sorry for pic spam, I couldn't decide how many and what kind of pics would be enough...

So, what do you think I should get? And if I should get anything?

P.S. I wasn't sure where to post this exactly...

gigglegirl

of course this is a personal decision you'll have to live with...but....

I think you'd look great with a nose piercing! I just prefer seeing those on girls....but I probably will never do it, if anything I'll get a second pair of holes in my ears. I want to get a tattoo though

Tashona Helena

Nose...Eyebrows piercings usually migrate!

I have my nose, tongue, and belly done...My nose is my favorite above all. So definitely nose! You'd look great!

Sound Of Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
Nose...Eyebrows piercings usually migrate!

I have my nose, tongue, and belly done...My nose is my favorite above all. So definitely nose! You'd look great!

What do you mean, migrate? They move through the hole? Or fall out?
th_confused_new.gif

Lndsy

Your body tends to want to reject piercings..especially ones that are more on the surface, like an eyebrow. So yes, there is the possibility that it could shift, or fall out completely. There is really no way to stop this from happening either, you would just have to take it out before it scars to badly. But then again, some piercings heal great with no problems like this at all..so it really just depends on your body.

Sound Of Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lndsy
Your body tends to want to reject piercings..especially ones that are more on the surface, like an eyebrow. So yes, there is the possibility that it could shift, or fall out completely. There is really no way to stop this from happening either, you would just have to take it out before it scars to badly. But then again, some piercings heal great with no problems like this at all..so it really just depends on your body.

Ah, yes, of course, I know about rejection. I've been reading a lot about it. To be honest, only things I'm worried about is infection (or god forbid some disease, but let's rule that out, shall we?
tong.gif
) and scars. I know there will be some trail...but I don't want it to get bad. Like, deform that part of my face.

Btw, icon love! I love Kurt!!!! :heart
heart.gif
heart.gif

Sound Of Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
What about a Monroe?

Hm, I'm not sure I want to pierce 'front' of my face. Nose is not that obvious, and in most of the times after you take it out, it heals or is not visible much. And monroe is face piercing...If you know what I mean...Like, anti-brow, too.

They both look lovely, if only there would be some insurance there will be no holes on my face...
ssad.gif

And do you know does monroe makes some problems? With cleaning, eating, gums, etc.?
Is it difficult to 'maintain'? I never thought of monroe much...
th_confused_new.gif

Lndsy

Just make sure you check out the place you want to get it done at and make sure they are clean and know what they are doing, and as long as you take care of it you should be good!

And personally, I like the nose, with a ring not a stud. And also vertical labrets are great too. All of my piercings have been very spur of the moment, I went in to lend support to friends and walked out with new piercings. And be careful because it becomes quite addicting!

This is my fav. Kurt picture. It makes me happy!

Sound Of Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lndsy
Just make sure you check out the place you want to get it done at and make sure they are clean and know what they are doing, and as long as you take care of it you should be good!

And personally, I like the nose, with a ring not a stud. And also vertical labrets are great too. All of my piercings have been very spur of the moment, I went in to lend support to friends and walked out with new piercings. And be careful because it becomes quite addicting!

This is my fav. Kurt picture. It makes me happy!

yeah, of course I'll check the studio. I already have lots of friends with piercings and I asked them, checked on the internet and I'll go personally, too.

Haha, my friend after I told her I want one (she already has ring on eyebrow for few years), keeps asking me "when, when?" and she cheers for the brow. My mother cheers for nose. And If I ask another person i'll get some third answer.
I think my friend missed that excitement and who knows, maybe she gets out with new pierce! haha

And I don't think I have fav Kurt's art yet! I love so many of them! Did you see the calendar!? I so want to order it!!

bebs

Association of Professional Piercers
BME: Body Modification Ezine - The biggest and best online bod-mod site since 1994

those are two great sites to get info on.. I've had many holes and both of those done (I've had over 70 done in my life so far and only have 8 in place at the moment)... so please keep that in mind, and I wouldn't get either of those two done again. on my self and many other people they scar or well more so they have left an intend on my skin.

if you are only in school.. and are set on the idea and really like it.. well then go for it you only live once. if you are at a job it makes it a lot harder.. most visible piercings are frowned upon at job sites.. however ask your boss if its ok with them. if you are looking for one, or going to soon.. I would say hold off on it for a while.

go some where safe.. talk to them.. make sure they only use internal threaded rings ..

good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Sound Of Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
Association of Professional Piercers
BME: Body Modification Ezine - The biggest and best online bod-mod site since 1994

those are two great sites to get info on.. I've had many holes and both of those done (I've had over 70 done in my life so far and only have 8 in place at the moment)... so please keep that in mind, and I wouldn't get either of those two done again. on my self and many other people they scar or well more so they have left an intend on my skin.

if you are only in school.. and are set on the idea and really like it.. well then go for it you only live once. if you are at a job it makes it a lot harder.. most visible piercings are frowned upon at job sites.. however ask your boss if its ok with them. if you are looking for one, or going to soon.. I would say hold off on it for a while.

go some where safe.. talk to them.. make sure they only use internal threaded rings ..

good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Hm, so you say eyebrow and...v. labret (or nose?) make worst scars?

and I'm in school(uni) still, so I can go wild! hahaha
choochoo.gif

bebs

my eyebrow wasn't too bad, however it caught on things like no other (towels among other things the most) it almost got ripped off a few times when putting clothing on too fast, as well as off.. that caused quite a few ah.. romantic moments to be put on hold to get it to stop bleeding.. not fun. so be careful!

the nose.. I took out because it was getting annoying .. I could see the shinnyness right in my field of vision and it distracted me for about 10 months before taking it out and waving bye bye .. even though it was completely healed everytime I changed it out it hurt like it was getting the needle put back threw it.

my lip.. I didnt really leave in to long because it annoyed me to no end.. I couldn't wear lipgloss.. lipstick or anything very well. it looked like something weird coming out of my lower lip.. and in the end I took it out in about 3 weeks.. it healed really quickly (I had two of them done.. the "angel bites" I believe they are called.. one of them healed fine and the other is a little bit scared up.. both had the same treatment.. and the same person piercing it at the same time.. so I cant tell you why..

also with the lip.. it makes the skin weird.. cause the scar tissue is a different texture then normal

chameleonmary

This isnt exactly face, but I have my tragus and conch (and belly) pierced but I adore the conch and tragus the most. They heal well and if you wear your hair up theyre pretty noticeable!

fingie

I've had (and still have) many piercings and I say if you're between nose & eyebrow, go nose.

I had my eyebrow done for maybe 1-2 years before taking it out and the scar is still pretty visible (and this was probably...3+ years ago.

My left nostril has been pierced 3 times and my right once; left individually 2x (spanning over the last 3-4 years) and then both sides pierced on the latest trip. Previously, they had closed because the screw fell out while I was sleeping and I couldn't get them back in.
ssad.gif
But I've had them repierced since August with no problems thus far! :):knocks on wood:
smiles.gif

Oh, and I also think nostril piercings are "better" because they seem to be more accepted in a work environment as well.

But ultimately it's up to you
smiles.gif

Loveleighe

please you are the telling the queen of big heads that you have a big head. I swear people have compared my head to a round version of a watermelon lol. I myself have three face piercings. my nosril, my septum, and a monroe. I love all of them esp. my monroe ( or medusa whatever you want to call it). I find that i have trouble with my septum ppl usually gawk or make some idiot comment so i end up wearing it up most of the time and then have people telling me i have boogers in my nose. I've never been one to care, but i literally have a 50ppl a day ask me the dumbest questions and make eww noises and stuff. I think that you would look fantastic with a lip ring or an eyebrow stud but this is your personal choice but i feel that if you are doing it for the first time you may want to start smaller with something less noticeable like your nostril. I've never been a fan of eyebrow piercings they good on some people and all but i've always been afraid that i'd be the lucky person whose artist ended up hitting a nerve and freezing one side of my face. Like some of the other ladies suggested, BME: Body Modification Ezine - The biggest and best online bod-mod site since 1994 is an excellent resource.