First face piercing - which one? If any at all...

Annie

It's cheaper and more abundant than internally threaded jewelry.

You can put externally threaded jewelry in your piercing, but it shouldn't be pierced with it, and you should only do it once it's completely healed. Keep in mind that th healing period for any piercing it a few months to a year.

xmrsvindieselx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I used to want my tongue pierced but I grew out of it. Its funny because when I was a senior in h.s. last year, all the sluts started coming to school with their tongues pierced (once they turned 18 they were allowed). It just made them look nasty, especially since they always had their tongue out of their mouth and were constantly playing with their tongue rings for attention. It was just dumb.

I knew a girl who had a lisp, she got her tongue pieced too. I guess she figured her speech can't get any worse. Her lisp was baaaad...

I got mine when i was like.. 13. I dont find it slutty at all on me.or nasty.I dont play with it for attention either. lol.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmrsvindieselx
I got mine when i was like.. 13. I dont find it slutty at all on me.or nasty.I dont play with it for attention either. lol.

LoL I wasn't trying to sound mean or rude or anything. It was just funny being in school and you could've predicted all the girls that would pierce their tongues when they turned 18, it was ridiculous.
th_rolleye0014.gif

Obreathemykiss

Go for the nose!

My boyfriend had his septum a few years before we met and ripped it out snowboarding! He shoved a key ring through it to keep it open (gross, right?!!)

He also had his labret and we've been together 2.5 years now...when I met him, he was piercing-free and he can still stick a toothpick through his labret hole.

He used to pierce and he tells me no matter what you pierce, you're going to have a hole somewhere or evidence that you have had a piercing there at one point or another.

I have my nose pierced and I LOVE it! My studs used to fall out a lot when I first pierced it, and shoving a new one back in caused infection once, but now I have no issues.

I forget it's there! Only thing is sometimes my nose peels around it, I just clean it up with q-tips and take it out for cleaning every once in a while.

My friend Jenn can actually take hers out for days at a time and have no issues putting hers back in. I haven't tried, but my nose has been pierced for almost 3 years.

Go with the nose or monroe for sure. This is so gorgeous and lovely!

I would suggest you get some stick on body jewels and wear them around for a while. Put one on your nose, above your lip, etc.

x.DOLLYMiX.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Of Vision
Hm, I'm not sure I want to pierce 'front' of my face. Nose is not that obvious, and in most of the times after you take it out, it heals or is not visible much. And monroe is face piercing...If you know what I mean...Like, anti-brow, too.

They both look lovely, if only there would be some insurance there will be no holes on my face...
ssad.gif

And do you know does monroe makes some problems? With cleaning, eating, gums, etc.?
Is it difficult to 'maintain'? I never thought of monroe much...
th_confused_new.gif

I got a monroe done and I couldnt eat for about a day. I took it out about 3 years ago and Iam left with a hole on my right side!! Its so annoying, people ask me if I can spit water through it.

Sound Of Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obreathemykiss
Go for the nose!

My boyfriend had his septum a few years before we met and ripped it out snowboarding! He shoved a key ring through it to keep it open (gross, right?!!)

He also had his labret and we've been together 2.5 years now...when I met him, he was piercing-free and he can still stick a toothpick through his labret hole.

He used to pierce and he tells me no matter what you pierce, you're going to have a hole somewhere or evidence that you have had a piercing there at one point or another.

I have my nose pierced and I LOVE it! My studs used to fall out a lot when I first pierced it, and shoving a new one back in caused infection once, but now I have no issues.

I forget it's there! Only thing is sometimes my nose peels around it, I just clean it up with q-tips and take it out for cleaning every once in a while.

My friend Jenn can actually take hers out for days at a time and have no issues putting hers back in. I haven't tried, but my nose has been pierced for almost 3 years.

Go with the nose or monroe for sure. This is so gorgeous and lovely!

I would suggest you get some stick on body jewels and wear them around for a while. Put one on your nose, above your lip, etc.

Ouch, for the boyfriend's accident! Is his labret hole really visible? It doesn't matter if there is small hole forever, just not really big so you can see through it....
th_dunno.gif
Do you have a photo? Of his labret?

And stick on body jewels are good idea! Lol, I can already imagine myself going around with teal or purple heart shaped stick on my nose or monroe position, or even under/above my lips! hahahaha
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.DOLLYMiX.x
I got a monroe done and I couldnt eat for about a day. I took it out about 3 years ago and Iam left with a hole on my right side!! Its so annoying, people ask me if I can spit water through it.

Do you have a picture of your monroe hole, perhaps?

Obreathemykiss

His hole is pretty small. I'll sneak a picture for you.

As for the jewels, I like the diamond clear colored ones. Just the little bitty tiny ones...like the ones that are part of a stick on design. (Yes, the really tacky ones)

I'll post a pic for you once I get one from him.

AmberLilith

I think ultimately it's up to you what you think looks good on you!!
A useful tip is try stick on gems in the place your piercing could be, or something like small sequins and eyelash glue.. or even those clip on rings for some locations.

Personally, I'm tempted to say a centre labret or centre vertical labret because i think it suits most people and isn't so much of a quick fashion trend as side labrets (no offence to people with side labrets -i have two on the left, i just meant i think the centre one is a bit more classic). I'm pretty biased because i love oral piercings -how they look and getting them done.
Another suggestion would be a madonna -they're pretty and can be quite girly with sparkly jewellery if you want. Also, neither of these choices are particularly outrageous or difficult to heal or prone to migration.

As far as gums go: I've had oral piercings for 6 years and have no evidence of gum erosion, but it'll vary a lot from person to person. (I have centre labret, left-side labrets x2, smiley, madonna, tongue x2.)
When i take my madonna out, the small hole is visible, but i don't think it's a big deal. With the centre labret, the hole is kinda hidden below my lip, so it's not as noticeable. Oral piercings are also pretty quick to heal.

As for other facial piercings: my nostrils took a long time (about a year) to fully heal. Nostrils also tend to close up quite quickly -it varies from person to person, but i have problems if mine's out for more than an hour. My septum was a lot quicker and easier to heal.

I haven't had eyebrows, but i have had two anti-eyebrows, one next to, parallel to my eye, the other vertical below my eye. Neither had much chance of healing too well, the bottom one started to reject quickly. The higher one started to reject after i caught it while washing my hair -i might get that one re-pierced because it looked more likely to heal on me. The scars from my anti-eyebrows are minimal, less than would be expected i think, no one can notice them unless i tell them/they knew me when they were in.

bebs

ok.. I know this is kinda late in the game and a few months after the fact.. but I thought I would post the photos of the threaded jewelry as well as the different types of nose jewelry .. that I have and have had in (what tried and failed, and what worked great)

DSC07248.jpg

DSC07243.jpg

the first time I had my nose done. I had the normal screw put in.. I had a hard time with it.. as it got caught on things a lot of the time and after time closed up after a night of being out with a bad cold.. I went back a month or so later, and I got it re done with a stud put in.. and what a difference.. no annoying feeling in your nose, and it didn't fall out or anything! its the best to have in when it is healing and all around easier to keep in

Internally and Externally threaded Jewelry:

DSC07248.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/DSC07252.jpg

also a great site to find places.. and I cant believe I forgot to post it last time I was here Association of Professional Piercers .. you will find the best shops from this site.. they have done a lot of the questioning and looking into things for you.. but don't be afraid to poke around and ask questions anyways!

KikiB

I would definitely go the nostril. The nostril is not only the cutest in my opinion, but it's the most socially acceptable-ie you can wear it in more jobs. The eyebrow, labret, and a ton of other ones would not be accepted at my job, and there are many places that allow no piercings besides one in each ear. I was lucky that I was able to get my nostril pierced because technically our company is a VERY conservative one and in some areas, the no more than two earrings per ear and no other visible piercings rule applies, but it is not a huge deal at my store.

Sound Of Vision

Wow Bebs!! Thanks for all that! Now I can be sure no one will trick me!
winks.gif

KikiB - yeah, I'm considering nostril...for start.
tong.gif
It's cute and simple piercing.
greengrin.gif