First face piercing - which one? If any at all...

xmrsvindieselx

I think a nose stud would look so cute on you! I have my monroe and i love it..it doesnt really get in my way except i play with it a lot sometimes haha. i'll post a picture of it ( beware!!) lol. but it was really easy to take care of/clean and is not very noticable!

click to enlarge

Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs

go some where safe.. talk to them.. make sure they only use internal threaded rings ..

I don't think this can be emphasized enough. If someone tries to use externally threaded jewelry on you, run! I know several people (myself included, sadly) who have gotten piercings that were doomed from the get-go because of externally threaded jewelry.

Also, BMEzine has a feature where you can look at pictures and read stories of piercings that were done at specific places, so it's definitely worth your while to look up some of the places in your area and see what other people have to say about them.

Mini-lecture aside, I think a nose stud would look adorable on you!

Sound Of Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
How about your septum?

I don't like the way it looks...:/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie
I don't think this can be emphasized enough. If someone tries to use externally threaded jewelry on you, run! I know several people (myself included, sadly) who have gotten piercings that were doomed from the get-go because of externally threaded jewelry.

Also, BMEzine has a feature where you can look at pictures and read stories of piercings that were done at specific places, so it's definitely worth your while to look up some of the places in your area and see what other people have to say about them.

Mini-lecture aside, I think a nose stud would look adorable on you!

Hm, could you explain to me the difference between external and internal threaded jewellery? I mean, how does it look?

Heh, and I doubt they would know for any piercing studio, not only in my town, but in my whole country.
winks.gif

But I have lots of friends who have piercings so I have someone to ask.

Ah, I thought about nose and eyebrow when I posted this, now I got two more options: v. labret and someone suggested medusa...I must collect more votes, hahaha!

And thanks all ladies for their inputs!
winkiss.gif

messhead

I've had several piercings but the only face ones I have had are the tongue (which I still have) and the monroe...

I loved the monroe, but not at first.... The stud they initially put in was really really obvious... But when I was able to change it out I was in love with it... It was very simple to take care of and it didn't hurt.

I ended up taking it out about a year ago because I didn't want it in our upcoming wedding pics and I didn't want a scar.

I have a very tiny, very unnoticeable scar that only I can notice because I knew it was there before!!!

So IMO I would go for the nose or monroe.

CantAffordMAC

I love that dark hair color on you.

Anyways, I would say either the nose or the monroe. Thats it. Only some people can pull off the monroe, but when you can, I think its the cutest thing. And a tiny little diamond in your nose would be cute. I wouldn't do the brow.

Sound Of Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I love that dark hair color on you.

Anyways, I would say either the nose or the monroe. Thats it. Only some people can pull off the monroe, but when you can, I think its the cutest thing. And a tiny little diamond in your nose would be cute. I wouldn't do the brow.

Hehe, thanks! Check this out:

I
heart.gif
this color!!

(sorry the face - I'm usually pale + I was sickish + that color and I was just trying to get a photo of hair, so my expression is...ew)

I was so crazy about color changing! I was orange, red, purple, almost platinum...I would change color every month. And when I had that dark purple I suddenly wanted to be blond so my mother dyed me and I was blond in 2-3 months again. But that meant dying hair aggressively at least 2 times a month (no bleach). That was more than year ago, but I'm paying for it now - I have very dry ends (that old, dyed hair coming down) which my hair stylist is cutting every time. And I'm trying to grow out my hair.
ssad.gif
angry.gif
But it's getting better and my hair grows relatively fast.

Here and there when I see someone with some gorgeous purple, red or orange hair I want to dye again...But right now, I'm letting my natural grow.

Anyways, thanks for you suggestion. I'm in hell now. I was thinking about nose or eyebrow but now people suggested v. labret, medusa and monroe.
hmm.gif

I'm going
wacko.gif

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Of Vision

I was so crazy about color changing! I was orange, red, purple, almost platinum...I would change color every month. And when I had that dark purple I suddenly wanted to be blond so my mother dyed me and I was blond in 2-3 months again. But that meant dying hair aggressively at least 2 times a month (no bleach). That was more than year ago, but I'm paying for it now - I have very dry ends (that old, dyed hair coming down) which my hair stylist is cutting every time. And I'm trying to grow out my hair.
ssad.gif
angry.gif
But it's getting better and my hair grows relatively fast.

Here and there when I see someone with some gorgeous purple, red or orange hair I want to dye again...But right now, I'm letting my natural grow.

Anyways, thanks for you suggestion. I'm in hell now. I was thinking about nose or eyebrow but now people suggested v. labret, medusa and monroe.
hmm.gif

I'm going
wacko.gif

I am kind of crazy about changing my color too. When I was in school we would dye my hair in class like every two weeks lol, I always wanted something different. I wanted caramel highlights last year, they didn't work. So then I did red, then blonde highlights. I have done a lot of colors but my natural color is like dark brown (almost black) so I can't do as much as I want to do with it. Like I can't go blonde, or a honey brown or anything. I can only do highlights or like a really dark color.

Lately I've been dying it this dark red color though and everybody loves it. I think its boring. But my hair also has 4 inches of dead damaged hair that needs to be chopped off so I'm doing that slowly. So once my hair is healthy again and when spring/summer comes I'll probably do highlights again. Or maybe highlights and then a funky color like purple or pink in my bangs. who knows!

Anyways, don't let the decision to pierce drive you crazy. If I were you, I'd take people's suggestions into consideration, but don't let them decide for you. My boyfriend doesn't want me to pierce my nose (what I was going to do) but I was still going to get it done. The two piercings I've been wanting is the nose and belly button. But lately I've been feeling the monroe. I can't decide. Just put a stud (or a magnetic earring) wherever you are thinking about getting pierced. That should help you decide.

kristakamikaze

Quote:
Hm, I'm not sure I want to pierce 'front' of my face. Nose is not that obvious, and in most of the times after you take it out, it heals or is not visible much. And monroe is face piercing...If you know what I mean...Like, anti-brow, too.

They both look lovely, if only there would be some insurance there will be no holes on my face...
ssad.gif

And do you know does monroe makes some problems? With cleaning, eating, gums, etc.?
Is it difficult to 'maintain'? I never thought of monroe much...
th_confused_new.gif

my monroe was one of my easiest piercings.
besides my tongue

[i have, snakebites, monroe, nose, tongue and ears]

both itimes i had my eyebrow done it rejected
and nose piercings are great,
but they can get a bit hard to clean , unless you have a lifetime supply of q-tips.

but back to the monroe.
i hurt a tiny bit if i opened my mouth like BIG like =O
and it hasnt affected my gums one bit[ive had it for a year]

Beauty Mark

When getting a piercing, you need to consider what kind of job you have and want to have. Piercings aren't permanent, of course, but I tend to look at mine like they are.

I think a nostril piercing is more socially acceptable than any other facial piercing, particularly if you wear a small screw (I wear a CBR in mine). The nostril piercing was a breeze to me. No pain, no infection, nothing bad at all.

I think that you'd look great with any of the mentioned piercings.

Sound Of Vision

I'm a student so I don't have concerns about piercings. Or any kind of judgement. I was like that since childhood. Not caring much about social conventions. I dyed my hair in flaming red in elementary school.
greengrin.gif
I loved it, my mom loved it, my friends loved it.

I am having my own thoughts, but what I wanted to say is - I came here having only 2 options in my mind and now people suggested some more things that intrigued me and gave me some more thoughts.

Now I have to pick between 5 piercings except 2, lol.

Btw, do you know are there some speech problems with v. labret?

Beauty Mark

You are a student, but do you plan on having a summer job? Some offices are more laxed than others. I hate to be parental, but you might not care now but you may care when a piercing costs you an important intership.

I have known no one with a labret speech problem.

Sound Of Vision

Of course, If anything important comes up, I'd even take them off, if that would mean so much to me. I'm not saying I'm totally careless or ignorant.

But I think neither of piercings I'd like to get are so drastic and eye-stabbing.

hello_kitty

I had my lip pierced for 3.5 months. I always wanted it done, so finally I did, but the novelty wore off. Now I have a scar as a reminder, haha. I wore a labret stud in it (it was on the left side) and it didn't affect speech, eating, etc. I just had a bad habit of constantly chewing and biting on it, which drove some of my coworkers crazy (60 year old women apparently don't find a lip piercings fascinating, haha).

I also have a ton of piercings in my ears... 6 lobes (3 on each side, first hole was a 0g at one point), left conch, two left cartilage, and an industrial style on my right.

My navel is also pierced 4 times... and I use to have my nipples, and two others in my ears.

user79

Labrets and any kind of lip piercings, especially those down lower around the gums, can damage your gums and teeth. I know of a few people who had labrets and had to take them out because it caused their gums to recede. So I would consider that as well and look into it.

I have a belly and a tongue piercing. I got the tongue one done 1st back in like 1997. I can't believe I've had it for 10 years! And I have no plans to take it out. I like it because people don't notice it right away. And, you won't have to take it out for a job because people don't see it if you get it pierced far enough back.

Sound Of Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Labrets and any kind of lip piercings, especially those down lower around the gums, can damage your gums and teeth. I know of a few people who had labrets and had to take them out because it caused their gums to recede. So I would consider that as well and look into it.

I have a belly and a tongue piercing. I got the tongue one done 1st back in like 1997. I can't believe I've had it for 10 years! And I have no plans to take it out. I like it because people don't notice it right away. And, you won't have to take it out for a job because people don't see it if you get it pierced far enough back.

Yeah I heard about gums, that's why I asked.
ssad.gif

I don't want tongue because I have tiny speech problems, and I heard one girl with tongue piercing talking a bit funny - I saw her piercing coming in the way.
PLUS, If piercer fucks up, chocolate will never be the same again.
thmbdn.gif

CantAffordMAC

I used to want my tongue pierced but I grew out of it. Its funny because when I was a senior in h.s. last year, all the sluts started coming to school with their tongues pierced (once they turned 18 they were allowed). It just made them look nasty, especially since they always had their tongue out of their mouth and were constantly playing with their tongue rings for attention. It was just dumb.

I knew a girl who had a lisp, she got her tongue pieced too. I guess she figured her speech can't get any worse. Her lisp was baaaad...

Annie

Quote:
I don't like the way it looks...:/

Hm, could you explain to me the difference between external and internal threaded jewellery? I mean, how does it look?

Heh, and I doubt they would know for any piercing studio, not only in my town, but in my whole country.
winks.gif

But I have lots of friends who have piercings so I have someone to ask.

Ah, I thought about nose and eyebrow when I posted this, now I got two more options: v. labret and someone suggested medusa...I must collect more votes, hahaha!

And thanks all ladies for their inputs!
winkiss.gif

http://www.piercing.org/pexy/jewelry/barbell/barbell.html

Hope that helps. :)