Frustrations With MAC

corngrl2

I was told at my local MAC counter that "specktra" was a "naughty" website. The MA seemed annoyed that I knew more about upcoming collections than she did. I spend a lot of money at that counter and I told her that if it wasn't for Specktra, i wouldn't spend a fraction of what i currently do. Also, I asked about samples (as i was dropping a good amount of dough on MAC) and was told that they don't give samples. I so love MAC but I have come to dread going to that counter :-(

MACGoddess

That actually sounds a little mean of her... I admit I definitely get frustrated with sites sometimes bc they spill the beans before even I get to go to update to learn about it myself, it can be frustrating. Too when people come in to ask about something in the summertime NOW and we haven't gone to update we feel like idiots when there is no reason why we should.

She should have made you samples IMO... I will make samples of things for you, but if it is a color product like a pigment etc. I will make you enough to try it a couple of times, I won't stuff the jar with pigment, that is not a sample IMO.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by corngrl2
I was told at my local MAC counter that "specktra" was a "naughty" website. The MA seemed annoyed that I knew more about upcoming collections than she did. I spend a lot of money at that counter and I told her that if it wasn't for Specktra, i wouldn't spend a fraction of what i currently do. Also, I asked about samples (as i was dropping a good amount of dough on MAC) and was told that they don't give samples. I so love MAC but I have come to dread going to that counter :-(

Wow, that's too bad!! The MA I was talking with the other day seemed impressed that I knew what was coming out. She asked how and I told her about Specktra. I see why MAs want to be the person people come to for help, but there's nothing wrong with a knowledgable customer. I would think she'd be happy to get that commission.

janelovesyou

I have a question. Have any of you guy's counters or stores taken away the q-tips and hid the disposable lip brushes behind the stands?

In Atlanta, that's how it is and it really frustrates me b/c I have to track a MA down to use one of their brushes and while a few of them are really accommodating, some act like they don't want you to use there brush and you're bothering them. I just want the q-tips back!

courters

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelovesyou
I have a question. Have any of you guy's counters or stores taken away the g-tips and hid the disposable lip brushes behind the stands?

In Atlanta, that's how it is and it really frustrates me b/c I have to track a MA down to use one of their brushes and while a few of them are really accommodating, some act like they don't want you to use there brush and you're bothering them. I just want the q-tips back!

I always have to hunt for the q-tips, but I usually have my husband with me, so we divide and conquer. I was looking for the Slimshines after they came out and they were actually hidden behind the lipstick display! But truthfully, they didn't have a special stand for them or anything so I bet there was nowhere to put them.

erine1881

Quote:
I have a question. Have any of you guy's counters or stores taken away the g-tips and hid the disposable lip brushes behind the stands?

we have qtips out in front for people to swatch. the lip brushes, however, are behind displays. customers take the lacquer wands (brush) and swatch on their hands, and they shouldn't be used for that. since they are more expensive than the doe foots (sponge), it takes longer to get them in stock when we run out. tho doe foot testers suck for applying color to the lips, we use them to swatch lipgloss on the hand. then if a customer wants to try it on their lips, we give them a lacquer wand.

cherrycola

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien21xx
My one frustration:
I have quite often been ignored at MAC counters and FS where I live, even when there are no customers and the MA's aren't really doing anything.
ssad.gif
It's more of a problem with where I am, I guess. I just find that the customer service of the MAs in my area really leaves a lot to be desired (i.e., apart from ignoring me, they always give me bored stares when I ask questions about products.) Most of the time, I just test the product on the back of my hand, clean up (myself and the product I tested), buy and be off because I find the MAs here quite off-putting. I guess it's because most of them know me? I'm at a MAC counter/FS almost every week and sometimes I get the feeling that MAs look at me and think "Oh it's her again, that crazy lady who buys half the store every time she's here; she doesn't need any help from me."

BUT I don't think this is caused at all by MAC. It's probably more a cultural thing here because I don't get this treatment when I go to MAC stores in other countries.
greengrin.gif
And I've learned to just accept this and still try to be nice to the MAs, especially for those enthusiastic ones that I encounter. They really make my shopping experience wonderful.

I am so with you on this one. I had a favourite MA at one of the counters - Tangs Orchard - because she was always so helpful and lovely, especially the one time I'd had a brow emergency... but then she moved on to Clinique
ssad.gif

MACGoddess

Quote:
I have a question. Have any of you guy's counters or stores taken away the q-tips and hid the disposable lip brushes behind the stands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by courters
I always have to hunt for the q-tips, but I usually have my husband with me, so we divide and conquer. I was looking for the Slimshines after they came out and they were actually hidden behind the lipstick display! But truthfully, they didn't have a special stand for them or anything so I bet there was nowhere to put them.

We are not "hiding them" from you, believe it or not... That way the counter stays cleaner, and you ask for help when using products. We can oversee proper sanitizing that way and be able to fully answer questions. When I am asked for eyeliners I will pull them out, tell you the difference between them if you don't know and help you play and pick. That is part of my fun at work!!

Also, we can't keep everything on counter all the time, we would have a thousand beakers everywhere...hence older product like Slimshines we put behind displayers to keep counters clear and clean. Again, ask us!!

About the brushes, I will never ever hand a brush to a customer and walk away, I would rather help you out with the product or find someone who will. The brushes we have at work we are responsible for, probably why the MAs don't want to just hand someone a brush. We have the q tips out for you to narrow down colors etc, and the brushes are for our professional use to assist you...

Hope that helped!

blueyesdancing

Besides the above reasons for keeping some products behind displayers, here is another reason that I encountered just last week.....PARENTS who let their kids run WILD.....we had a group of 3 or 4 very 'needy' ladies who were shopping together and letting their crazy kids have the run of the counter...I look around as 2 kids come flying by me and chase each other in circles around the cashwrap....and one of the kids has a QTIP stuck straight out of each ear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry.gif
The mom is acting like nothing is going on; finally I said "Excuse me, but if she falls with those in her ears I do not want to be liable so please do something about that".

ARGGGGGGGGGG.

Beakers are breakable and there are too many stupid parents out there who do not take good enough care of their kids. Kids playing in eye shadow or lipstick is bad enough but when breakable items are within reach it is much more of a hazard.

Chikky

I know this is older, but I felt I needed one addition:

Quote:
I think that the "exclusivity" thats involved in pro/fs only collections is for 2 reasons:
1- MAC knows their customers-most ppl that just want a lipgloss or an eyeshadow is going to be confused in the cause of the stylistics and say y would i pay $20 for this when i could get one for $14. No difference to the regular person.
2-See the "Roberto Cavalli for HM" thread. The fact that is exclusive to certain locations makes it more of a frenzy when buying. Red no 5 lipstick from last yr was featured in several magazines and was sold out everywhere i went (5 locations) in different areas. The rest of the collection was well recieved I guess cause they did it again this year.

I get that, really... But it sucks that I only have a counter near me, and it's still at least a half hour away and doesn't get as much stuff... The closest actual STORE? With a Pro card (which I had NO idea about until now) is at least TWO hours from me.

I don't feel it's fair to punish those who live so far away from actual stores. I would gladly pay for the card and for more product if given the chance. Now I just feel jipped and unhappy.

Kalico

I agree with the posts about MA's not knowing their product. If you don't know something, why are you making it all up? I had an MA tell me the Fafi quad 1 (I think.. the one with pink venus) was made up of entirely LE shadows. I didn't ask, she just tried to sell me on it. But I knew it was BS.

I went to a different MAC counter yesterday looking for any N collection products left over. Yesterday!! They did have some, but when I asked for Neutral Pink she said, "Yes, we have one!" and handed me Frisco. I realized when I got home (didn't notice it was Frisco and not Neutral Pink) that she probably thought I meant a neutral pink, not THE neutral pink. It's not a new collection... and I thought neutral pink was a fairly popular e/s...?

The MA's in my city are very pushy and all around seem to know little about the product. Those were just two examples. They seem to make it up as they go along.

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikky
I know this is older, but I felt I needed one addition:

I get that, really... But it sucks that I only have a counter near me, and it's still at least a half hour away and doesn't get as much stuff... The closest actual STORE? With a Pro card (which I had NO idea about until now) is at least TWO hours from me.

I don't feel it's fair to punish those who live so far away from actual stores. I would gladly pay for the card and for more product if given the chance. Now I just feel jipped and unhappy.

I totally agree

kokometro

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
I totally agree

You could use the Mac pro website with your pro card.
yahoo.gif

MACMama

One of the reasons why MAC doesn't do GWP is because custies will spend $$ for the GWP and just return it the next day and keep the free gift. It's happening a lot when they charge the $50 min purchase for applications, people just return it all and they got their free makeover. Sad how low people will stoop.

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokometro
You could use the Mac pro website with your pro card.
yahoo.gif

But, if you've never seen the product, you're hesitant to buy it online.

Chikky

Much love, chickies.

*drools*

EDIT - And I just really looked to see where the nearest PRO store is to me. Almost 200 miles away!! *faints* About 189, I think. Man, that stinks.

lipstik

It's no big deal but I do miss way back when the PPID card was free and you got the 40% discount for being a SAG member.