Fyrinnae?? (formerly Bombshell Bath)

MAChostage

Can anyone suggest any shades in the purple family that they like? I've not been impressed with the purples I've ordered. Not that they're bad or anything, don't get me wrong (I love the Fyrinnae shades I've ordered overall), they just haven't rocked my boat.

LisaOrestea

My favourite Fyrinnae purple is Meerkat. Its has a gorgeous goldy sheen :) Also, Darling Misfit is a gorgeous plum colour :)

regru

i want to try those eyshadows for months
pompom.gif

Hilde

I finally got to make an order!! They got their pixie epoxy back today( I know because I've been stalking)

missah

Fyrinnae is superdooper awesome. I made my second order a few days ago! I love their stuff! But the blushes are hard to use for me. Does anybody have any tips?
Their site is down atm i think... I'm not quite sure...

missah

Alot of their awesome colours have been discontinued:(
I found out about them too late!
But i still haven't completely ordered all the samples of every colour I want yetXD
My favourite is defintely Dinosaur Plushie and Nijiro and Immortality are awesome too!

missah

Does anybody have any tips on how to use the blushes? I get too much product on my brushes and the colour doesn't go on that well.

keijukainen

^I always use a duo fibre brush with Fyrinnae's blushes or any loose powder blush/bronzer for that matter. That way I don't get too much product on my cheeks, I can stipple the powder little by little and for me it's easier to blend too. I especially like angled brushes but that's just my preference.

Other tips:
Make sure you don't use too much product, just put the tiniest amount on the lid/bowl/whatever you're using and swirl the brush so you get even amount. I like to stipple the brush into the powder first (to spread it around the bowl) and then swirl.

Tap off the excess powder before applying to your cheeks. I do this by tapping the handle of the brush with my hand or blowing a little air to the bristles or if the blush is very pigmented, stroke the bristles very lightly on the back of my hand first. This is something I always do.

If you still end up with too much blush, blend a light layer of you mineral foundation/finishing powder on top of the blush.

Fyrinnae's blushes are very pigmented, I have never even finished a sample even though they make some of my favorite blushes. I just use so little each time. HTH missah :)

missah

Thanks for the tips keijukainen!

I'll defintely do that in the future! I just dont like tapping it so much since it wastes so much! But if itll help, ill just grab a full szie next time^^ I love Fyrinnae's blushes, especially Enchant^^

keijukainen

You're welcome :)
If you're worried about wasting the powder, tap the brush while keeping the bristles on top of the bowl you're using for swirling so the excess powder will fall back. You can either use the excess for your other cheek or pour it back to your sample jar. I often pour it back to the jar if I accidently take too much powder. Like I said, I need the tiniest amount of powder to begin with and I really do mean tiny, like the size of a pinhead (or two depending on the shade) with Fyrinnae's blushes. It's always easier to start with very little and build up if necessary.

Enchant is one of my favorites too! Charm and Mesmerize are also very pretty!

Shypo

It's probably one of their 'cycles' - I ordered from them a couple of weeks ago, and got the shipment confirmation the other day, so I'm expecting them soon. I must look at the blushes next time - this time I just ordered eye shadows. I can't wait to get them!

apocalypgloss

They had a problem with their chemist this year. I only caught bits and pieces of the drama on Twitter, but before/during/afterwards they had several of those site blackouts where you can't even load the products and since then there has been nothing new created. They still have an extensive catalog, even if a lot of the old colors are gone.

Meisje

I don't care for these shadows. They fall out all over the place and are difficult to apply. The colors are lovely, but the formula doesn't work for me.

apocalypgloss

There is a learning curve for them. I hated them when I first tried them because I was trying to apply them like regular loose shadows. They actually need to be pressed into the skin, more patted on than swept. If you sweep them, they sheer out and fall everywhere.

Meisje

I've tried every possible mode of application (pat, sweep, different brushes) over every possible type of primer/shadow (including their own) and they still fall out and make a mess. The dark shadows are the worst, applying poorly and leaving crud all down the sides of my face --- they were the worst disappointment, as I love dark eye looks and they look nice in the pot. I've gone back to them several times and wasted a ton of time screwing with these (including reading up on them here and on blogs) to get them to work and it always ends in disappointment/mess.

The lighter colors and better, but the whole reason I bought them was due to hand swatches of the dark colors. I get a muddy grey mess with glitter and what looks like dirt all over my face, even just trying to press them into a black liner. I can't wear them to work ever because they make such a crazy mess. Fyrinnae was the biggest disappointment of my online purchases --- I wish it wasn't the case, as the shades are lovely, and people keep telling me they SHOULD work --- but that doesn't make them work.

I would rather buy a product that is not so finicky and difficult. I don't find the low cost worth the worry of having to check my shadow every two seconds to see if it's fallen all over me when I can use MAC or even Coastal Scents loose pigments and have them wear like iron.