Georgia (Atlanta or anywhere else)

ILoveMacMakeup

Ops! I didnt mean to hit the Thanks button on that last reply, lol. Anyways...Im planning a m/u shopping trip next week, probably Wednesday, if anyone is interested.

BadBadGirl

Anyone know if any of the MAC counters are selling in 3D early? I'll be in town this weekend and the only MAC counter I've been to is the one at Stonecrest Mall.
Are there any counters that might have releases earlier than others??

anns

Atlantic Station is awesome, especially if you don't live around the area, they're so many stores and resteraunts, I love it. And if you're still wanting some makeup, there is a Nordstrom there. And if you go to Atlantic Station, you might as well go to Lenox Square (they're both reachable by MARTA, and about 15-20 minutes away from each other), which is my favorite mall by far. There's a Sephora, two - count em' two MAC stores, a Bare Escentuals store, a Kiehl's store, as well as Body Shop, and come November, they'll be opening a LUSH store as well ;-)

Quote:
edit: I also forgot to add that Perimeter Mall also has MAC and Sephora. I'm almost sure [not positive] that it's close to Lenox Square Mall. Anyway, another mall you could try if you're in the vicinity.

Perimeter and Lenox are pretty close, maybe 15-20 minutes.

HeroinesHeroine

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith130
I just want to know if anywant wants to go up there for a shopping trip. All my friends i have since I've been here think I'm nuts for paying more that $3 for ligloss. If anyone in GA wants to go shopping in the pro store in alt or the outlets let me know. I live about 100 miles south of atl but go up there often to satisfy my mac and sephora cravings. Thanks!

eeksign.gif
There's a pro store in Atlanta?? I searched on the MAC Pro web site, and it said the closest MAC Pro store is in Florida (I live in Athens).

HeroinesHeroine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
Anyone know if any of the MAC counters are selling in 3D early? I'll be in town this weekend and the only MAC counter I've been to is the one at Stonecrest Mall.
Are there any counters that might have releases earlier than others??

I've gotten a few products early at the Athens MAC counter.

HeroinesHeroine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroinesHeroine
eeksign.gif
There's a pro store in Atlanta?? I searched on the MAC Pro web site, and it said the closest MAC Pro store is in Florida (I live in Athens).

I forgot about this post :p But I went to the MAC counter a few days ago and the MAC sales person told me the closest Pro MAC is in Florida.

janelovesyou

It's a Freestanding store. It's the only one that you can get an eyeshadow or lipglass for b2m and buy pro pans and palettes in Atlanta.
It's in Perimeter Mall

HeroinesHeroine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMacMakeup
I didn't even know there was a CCO at North Georgia Premium Outlets. Any idea about how far that is from Athens?

I live in Athens, so I put my address in to Map Quest, and got back that the estimated time from my home to North Georgia Premium Outlets is one hour and twenty five minutes, and an estimated 63.48 miles. I hope that helps you!

HeroinesHeroine

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelovesyou
It's a Freestanding store. It's the only one that you can get an eyeshadow or lipglass for b2m and buy pro pans and palettes in Atlanta.
It's in Perimeter Mall

Oh okay.. so it's semi-pro? Some but not all pro benefits are offered there? (I'm just trying to make sure I under stand)

janelovesyou

I guess that's how you can put it. I definitely know that you can't buy pro products there like pro pigments or eyeshadows or mixing medium. But you can by pro palettes and pro pans.

MsChrys79

ok guys looking for someone in Metro Atl, who wants to go shopping sometimes, hang out sometimes and doesn't mind teaching me some makeup tips cause I'm a newbie and i'm so lost!! plus I don't have friends who are as fascinated with makeup as I am especially at MAC prices....

puja1204

Hey everyone! I went to the N. GA Premium Outlet CCO yesterday, and I just wanted to give a rundown of what I saw there... This is not what I bought, but what I saw (& remember). I hope this helps...

Paint Pots:
-Fresco Rose
-Rubanesque
-Soft Ochre
-Greenstroke
-Indianwood

Brow Sets
The ones that slide out with two colors (one for brow definition, one for highight)...they had 4 different colors

Fluidline
I don't know the names, but they had the silver, purple, blue, green...maybe some more

Concealer:
-only NW or NC50 (can't remember which) in Studio Finish
-A lot of shades in the Select Moisture Cover (tube w/wand)

Lippies:
-almost all Tendertones
-lots of tinted lip conditioners (in stick form)
-lots of lipstick
-lots of slimshines

Foundation:
-Studio Sculpt in NC25, NC40, & NC42 or 45
-Studio Fix Fluid in lotta shades
-Mineralized Satin Finish in lotta shades
-Studio Tech in lotta shades

Eyeshadow:
Lots of Starflash
-TALENT POOL
-TOP HAT
-SUNSET B.
-BOLD & BRAZEN
-GRAND ENTRANCE
-GLAMOUR CHECK
-MINK & SABLE
-DREAMMAKER
-GO
4 or 5 different Eyeshadow duos that slide out (dunno what they're called)
Lot of the mineralized eye shadows that have 3 stripes (glitter in the middle)

Blush
HUGE selection, these are a few I could remember
Mineralized
-Dainty
-Pleasantry
-Nuance

Beauty Powder
-Fleur Power
-Both Neo Sci Fi's
Way to many to name

They had a lot of skincare stuff in old packaging
-Fix+
-Quick Eye repair (the stuff with caffeine in it for poffiness)
-Green Gel Cleanser
-Blot Film

That's all I can really remember.

**PLEASE NOTE**: the ladies that work there are somewhat rude. If you spend more than 10 minutes in there, they look at you like you're a thief, and they boldly ask you if you're selling things on Ebay, stating that they're not allowed to sell to you if you are. THE NERVE!! After my friend & I told them that we were just addicted to the line of products & that's why we know/buy so much, they started to be nice to us, but we felt like the damage had already been done.

Also, they don't have samples out of everything they carry (esp paint pots, sadesticks, etc). If there's a particular color/shade of something you want, ask them to check the stock. Again, they'll be rude to you b/c they act as if you're bothering them (when they're really just doing their job!)...but at least you'll get the color you want!!

BOTTOM LINE...
If you're in the Atlanta area, it's worth the exta 1-2 hours (depending on where you live) to check this place out. The selection is probably triple that of the Discover Mills CCO in Lawrenceville.

Happy Shopping
greengrin.gif

finchkittie

I wish I was closer to Atlanta! I'm about three hours away (though I have family up there so it's not a bad idea!). My closest MAC counter is 45 minutes away and it's not even very impressive. :c

Ange1

Hello! I'm planning a Shopping and Lunch Meetup on April 22nd. I'm thinking of going to N. GA Premium Outlets or Lenox Mall. Please message me if your interested, so I can arrange a definite place and time. Let me know if you have any questions!