Getting to know the locals

sambibabe

lol @ brain freeze
greengrin.gif
According to MAC site: it de-puffs, erases the look of dark-circles, firms, soothes and softens the skin around the eye. Special optics act like magic to fade away lines. Sounds too good to be true, but really, all of MUAs have this inside their kit, so it must be great
smiles.gif

xLongLashesx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin26
What's it meant to do? I have terrible bags first thing in the morning and I hate putting cold packs on, they give me brain freeze and I haven't found a single cream that clearly reduces the puffiness.

Have you tried the old teaspoons in the freezer trick?

It works!

rockin26

^^ I'm scared it will give me brain freeze like the cold packs did
ssad.gif

How long are you meant to hold them on for?

sambibabe

Quote:
^^ I'm scared it will give me brain freeze like the cold packs did
ssad.gif

How long are you meant to hold them on for?

lol.gif
lol @ mental image with Robyn holding a frozen spoon under her eye!

xLongLashesx

LOL no brain freeze! Just stick them in for a couple of mins so they don't get too cold then hold them over your eyes until you feel some relief. I tend to just lightly press them over each eye for a minute or so and the puffiness goes down.

rockin26

Ok I'll give it a try, I did try this a while ago but did 2 at once and got frustrated cos I couldn't see anything! Now I'll try one at a time, that would make more sense, duh!!!

I really can be a blonde sometimes
greengrin.gif

counterobsess

Hi everyone! I'm rather new to the forums, just trying to learn where everything is and get into the swing of Specktra.

First Name: Hannah

Dream Job: Successful MUA - start my Cert IV in a week
th_DANCE.gif

Shy or Outgoing: Shy when you first meet me, then outgoing once I know you're friendly

Other Obsession/s: Shoes - esp on eBay, and magazines. I had to cut back when I was buying over 10 every month but couldn't afford my phone bill
th_crazy2.gif

Favorite Food: Savoury - chicken teriyaki noodles, sweet - choc brownies with choc chips, dipped in hot choc fudge. Or berry sauce. Mmm... brownies...

Car I drive: Oh dear, this is embarassing... an 89 Toyota camry. Total granda's car *hides in shame*

Car I WANT to drive: BMW Mini

Favorite Film/s: Tough call - anything from Audrey Hepburn's entire collection to old-school musicals to Transformers and Wayne's World. I'll watch anything!

The one thing I couldn't live without: My independence

Been overseas and where: Lived in Queenstown, NZ for four months, and that's about it. But I'm dying to get to Egypt and Europe.

One thing I want to do before I die: I've got one of those '50 things to do before I die' list - some items include cage diving with sharks, attending the Oscars and taking a holiday where I haven't planned anything and just go where my heart takes me

Celebrity you love: Dita Von Teese - gorgeous! I love old-school glamour

Celebrity you can't stand: Speidi, Paris Hilton, anyone who gains their fame from looking and/or acting trashy.

tarnii

Hi I am fairly new to Spektra but I find myself checking the boards regularly and I am learning and re-learning so much after so much time buried in all things baby.

Thank you all for being so welcoming also. It is not the case on all forums I have noticed.

Anyway here are my answers

First Name: Tanya

Dream Job: Beauty Editor Marie Claire

Shy or Outgoing: Fairly quiet until I get to know people well

Other Obsession/s: Presently my kids (sad, I know but who has time for anything else?)and fashion magazines. I buy or subscribe to sooooo many and often, I am embarrassed to say I don't even read them. I plan to, but something happens and I don't but as soon as I see that glossy cover next month I conveniently forget that the last 2 months issues are sitting at home unread (or still in their plastic wrapper)

Favorite Food: Cheese and Fresh Crusty Bread

Favorite singer/band: Pink atm ( I am very fickle)

Favorite Film/s: Dirty Dancing, Grease, Pretty Woman - all old movies I can't think of any new ones that stand out. I like a good action movie too but they do tend to all blur together in my memory.

The one thing I couldn't live without: Coke Zero

Been overseas and where: Only in my mind and as often as I get the chance. lol

One thing I want to do before I die: Walk into a room full of people without wondering what they are all thinking about me.

What's the funniest/weirdest thing you shoplifted (if you ever have): Baby socks - complete accident had them on the top of the pram and got distracted and walked straight out of the store with them. I didn't even notice until we stopped for coffe about half an hour later.

Celebrity you love: Pink, I love her attitude towards life.

frusciante

hello! Fairly new here as well.

First Name: Helen

Dream Job: An office job, but a fun one that lets me travel, meet with all types of people, and get out of the office and attend events regularly.

Shy or Outgoing: Mostly shy.

Other Obsession/s: Forums. Blogging. OWLS. my gosh I love owls.

Favorite Food: Chocolate.

Car I drive: '06 Barina

Car I WANT to drive: Something shiny, black, and european.

Favorite singer/band: Lots.

Favorite Film/s: Umm anything really!

The one thing I couldn't live without: My family

Been overseas and where: USA a couple of years ago, absolutely loved it!

One thing I want to do before I die: Travel more. and Get married. and have babies.

What's the funniest/weirdest thing you shoplifted (if you ever have): Ummm.. I don't actually know. Probably some clothes/underwear from the place I used to work at. Naughty.

Celebrity you love: Anne Hathaway and other non-trashy celebs.

Celebrity you can't stand: Kyle and Jackie O. As if you could even call them celebrities though.

piink_liily

First Name: Rachel

Dream Job: To have my own m/u line
smiles.gif

Shy or Outgoing: Kind of shy

Other Obsession/s: Animals, Handbags, Family Guy, Food

Favorite Food: Indian

Car I drive: I don't drive at the moment

Car I WANT to drive: Mazda RX3

Favorite singer/band: Lady Gaga

Favorite Film/s: Pulp Fiction & The Notebook

The one thing I couldn't live without: Family

Been overseas and where: Born in NZ, moved to Australia a year ago.

One thing I want to do before I die: Skydiving

What's the funniest/weirdest thing you shoplifted (if you ever have): Nope

Celebrity you love: Lady Gaga (again)

Celebrity you can't stand: Tom Cruise

xLongLashesx

Quote:
Ok I'll give it a try, I did try this a while ago but did 2 at once and got frustrated cos I couldn't see anything! Now I'll try one at a time, that would make more sense, duh!!!

I really can be a blonde sometimes
greengrin.gif

ha ha I just read this..
th_roll1.gif

blackbird

Hi Everyone, I'm new as well
smiles.gif

First Name:Emma

Occupation: Insurance claims.. Worst Job EVER! I applied for uni yesterday so hopefully I will be out of this hell hole death trap soon

Dream Job: A paediatrics nurse and MUA part time teeheh

Shy or Outgoing: I’m shy around people I don’t know but loud and annoying around people I do

Other Obsession/s: HAIR, I’m obsessed with hair. And nails. Movies and True Blood at the moment

Favorite Food: muffins/cupcakes lol

Car I drive: Hyundai Getz

Car I WANT to drive: HUMMER!!

Favorite singer/band: Black Eyed Peas

Favorite Film/s: Grease, Mean Girls, Edward Scissorhands, The Corpse Bride, Jawbreaker.. I could go on forever

The one thing I couldn't live without: My family

Been overseas and where: I spent a year in Canada. I’ve been to the US and New Zealand

One thing I want to do before I die: Have a beautiful family of my own and make them smile everyday

What's the funniest/weirdest thing you shoplifted (if you ever have): my friend and I stole a pregnancy test when we were like 12, not because either of thought we were pregnant but to put as the final gift in a pass the parcel

Celebrity you love: Johnny Depp

Celebrity you can't stand: Koshie

blackbird

i know. i'm so excited lol. I applied for nursing. I just sent through all my certificates yesterday, I feel so acomplished ahah. Hopefully I'll actually get in

swedishlina

Hi there,
I just joined Spectra so this is a great way to get to know other aussies.

First Name: Lina

Occupation: I no longer work due to a medical condition. I used to work for an International Airline.

Dream job: I would love to be able to go back to any kind work.

Shy or Outgoing: I am loud, but still shy around people I don't know.

Other obsessions: Having a fully stocked kitchen pantry. I got that much food in there that I could feed a footie team for a month. I just have to have it full or I go nuts.

Favorite Food: Seafood, but I have now become extremly allergic to them
thmbdn.gif

Car I drive: Never had a licence

Favorite Band/singer: Dido, Depeche mode and U2.

Favorite Films: The big blue, Lost Boys and Goundhog Day.

1 thing I couldn't live without: My hubbie.

Been Overseas: Brought up in Sweden, moved here 10 years ago. I have travelling thru Denmark, Germany, Holland, France, UK, Spain, Portugal, Norway, Austria, Switzerland, Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam and Singapore. I LOVE TO TRAVEL.

1 thing I wan't to do before I die: To be able to ski again.

Shoplifting: A pair of gloves during winter, when I had lost my own.
nonono.gif

Celebrity I love: Angelina and Drew Barrimore

Celebrity I HATE: Tom Cruise and Posh.

There you go, a few details about myself

simplyenchantin

I'm studying Arts/Law but spent a few months considering doing nursing
greengrin.gif
A friend of mine does it and loves it! Just seems like a fantastic degree to do, though it's tough
ssad.gif

blackbird

Awesome!! I considered Law as well, do you like it? How long do you have left? I heard nursing is tough, my sisters friend is doing it and apparently has to do an assesment every week. GAH I have been out of highschool for 6 years so it's going to take some getting used to lol.