Guerlain Holiday 2014- A Night at the Opera

Medgal07

Thanks very much ladies. I cannot get over how amazing this shade is. EVERYONE NEEDS A PARADE. I'm sitting in my pyjamas by the computer and I want to go and reapply. I was always super-impressed by the Rouge G formula, but I swear that it's actually been getting better ever since the Fall collection a couple of years ago (where they introduced Gigolo, Garconne and Girly). I'm going to have to impose a limit on the number of times I can wear this in a week.
I totally agree!!!

amillion

I'm still not sold on the lipstick. Temptalia says oblivion by rocky horror is a dupe. I returned oblivion as it was a standard red shade. How is this different?

Medgal07

I'm still not sold on the lipstick. Temptalia says oblivion by rocky horror is a dupe. I returned oblivion as it was a standard red shade. How is this different?
Sorry but I don't have Oblivion, but my best guess would be Rouge Parade's formula is superior.

MissTania

Sorry but I don't have Oblivion, but my best guess would be Rouge Parade's formula is superior.
iagree.gif
I only have 2 Rouge G's, and the formula is easily amongst the best.

MissTania

Oh my... I love her so... Could Rouge Parade be The Perfect Red? Possibly.

Of course I had to wear her immediately, so I've deviated from the smoky eye looks I've been working for Theme Makeup with a Purpose. I didn't want anything distracting from her beauty. Here's what she looks like on me:

I'm satisfied that she looks different than Garconne on me. What's also weird is that, despite my absolute insistence that there was a warm undertone (which there definitely seemed to be when I swatched her in store), the end shade is very neutral on me- almost cool.
shrugs.gif

So thank you to everyone who enabled me. You were right. I would have hated myself for missing out.
eyelove.gif
Spectacular!!!! Great buy.

Medgal07

iagree.gif
I only have 2 Rouge G's, and the formula is easily amongst the best.
My little collection is growing thanks to Sephora's VIBR sale. I ordered Gipsy, bringing my total to 6. I also just purchased
'Rouge G l'Extrait' Lip Color, Luxure M27, but I have not yet opened it.

NaomiH

I have Oblivion but I do not have Rouge Parade, but going off the Guerlain lipstick that I do have, Rouge Parade will have a superior formula compared to Oblivion.

amillion

Okay I swatched the lipstick in Neimans today and fell in love. I am ordering from saks though because I have a 10% off coupon code lol. Also getting the shimmer powder.

NaomiH

Okay I swatched the lipstick in Neimans today and fell in love. I am ordering from saks though because I have a 10% off coupon code lol. Also getting the shimmer powder.
If you use ebates, you can also get 4% cash back! Enjoy your new goodies! :)

Medgal07

That's great. You will love the shimmer powder, 'Coque d'Or'---it's both decadent and fun. I'm having a blast with it and I think you will too.

amillion

Oh I already tried the powder at the counter yesterday. It's why I had to get it . It was beautiful on my skintone. This will be a once in awhile time use lol.

Latest posts