(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

Psych1

bad reviews? I have seen only extremely positive ones.  50$ is way too much for hourglass
Yeah, all the Youtubbers I watch disliked these Bronzers and found them too orange and shimmery. I'm still going to swatch them and person and see for myself, but I'm meh about them.

crystalzi

That's so strange about the neg reviews on the hourglass since I've only seen very positive ones! Anyway I ordered the luminous with my vib code this morning so it is was 43 which isn't too bad. Can't wait to try it! I'm loving my ambient palette.

Monsy

I'm still going to swatch them and person and see for myself, but I'm meh about them.
They are definitely warmer but most of the bronzers on the market are "orange" so that's not necessarily a bad thing.
I am curious about the luminous one but would honestly rather get another Guerlain joli teint powder

jaymuse

They're in the Guerlain thread---beware going in http://www.specktra.net/t/62889/guerlain-discussion/5340 They're not out yet.
Those are pretty! But I just can't get into Guerlain - they are such beautiful products I know I would never use them! I would just stare at them! LOL

Maybe one day when I have a prettier makeup setup, I can get some stuff to just have for display (aka buy all the Guerlain things)

Medgal07

Those are pretty! But I just can't get into Guerlain - they are such beautiful products I know I would never use them! I would just stare at them! LOL

Maybe one day when I have a prettier makeup setup, I can get some stuff to just have for display (aka buy all the Guerlain things)
girlhaha.gif
I hear you---I FORCE myself to use EVERYTHING because something else pretty always comes along, and I want to make sure I have room for it. I used some of
my meteorites today. They're fun and it feels luxurious just putting them on.

jaymuse

girlhaha.gif
I hear you---I FORCE myself to use EVERYTHING because something else pretty always comes along, and I want to make sure I have room for it. I used some of
my meteorites today. They're fun and it feels luxurious just putting them on.
One day!
sigh.gif

Psych1

They are definitely warmer but most of the bronzers on the market are "orange" so that's not necessarily a bad thing.
I am curious about the luminous one but would honestly rather get another Guerlain joli teint powder
I'm curious about the Luminous one as well, but I just ordered a Guerlain bronzer from Sephora for the VIBR sale, the bronzer from the Chanel summer collection, pre-ordered the small Tom Ford bronzer, oh and I got the EL Bronze Goddess Gelee, so I'm going to pass on the HG for now. I'm bronzed out for awhile. lol

Medgal07

I'm with you Monsy-----I'm obsessed with that powder. I've been using it daily!!!!

Medgal07

I'm curious about the Luminous one as well, but I just ordered a Guerlain bronzer from Sephora for the VIBR sale, the bronzer from the Chanel summer collection, pre-ordered the small Tom Ford bronzer, oh and I got the EL Bronze Goddess Gelee, so I'm going to pass on the HG for now. I'm bronzed out for awhile. lol
girlhaha.gif
well you certainly have variety. At least two that you've mentioned are highlighters. Sounds like you're all set!!! I'm anxiously waiting for a shipping notice for the
Chanel Lumiere D'ÉTÉ Illuminating Powder.
[h=1][/h]

Psych1

girlhaha.gif
well you certainly have variety. At least two that you've mentioned are highlighters. Sounds like you're all set!!! I'm anxiously waiting for a shipping notice for the
Chanel Lumiere D'ÉTÉ Illuminating Powder.
[h=1][/h]
I was hoping the EL Gelee would work as a highlighter/illuminator, but all it does is add a bronzey warmth to my face (not even a glow)
blah.gif
, so I lumped it in my bronzer category. I dunno what else to call it lol

I can't WAIT for the Chanel Lumiere! I'm guessing with the free NM 2 day shipping, it should be here by Wed!! I keep lumping that in with bronzers b/c of how it was marketed as a "bronzer," but I'm really hoping that it works as an illuminator for me & not along the lines of the El Gelee & the Becca Shimmering Blushed Copper (which I knew going in would be a bronzey/blush for my complexion).

patentg33k

I was hoping the EL Gelee would work as a highlighter/illuminator, but all it does is add a bronzey warmth to my face (not even a glow)
blah.gif
, so I lumped it in my bronzer category. I dunno what else to call it lol

I can't WAIT for the Chanel Lumiere! I'm guessing with the free NM 2 day shipping, it should be here by Wed!! I keep lumping that in with bronzers b/c of how it was marketed as a "bronzer," but I'm really hoping that it works as an illuminator for me & not along the lines of the El Gelee & the Becca Shimmering Blushed Copper (which I knew going in would be a bronzey/blush for my complexion).
I saw the Chanel flower bronzer at a counter last week and it does not seem to be pearly or highlighter-ish. It's pretty, but I'd call it a bronzer.

Psych1

I saw the Chanel flower bronzer at a counter last week and it does not seem to be pearly or highlighter-ish. It's pretty, but I'd call it a bronzer.
Thanks for the description. I swore I had heard it was a bronzer, so I'm not crazy lol what did you think of it in person?

allthingsglam

I'm on the fence about this one It does look like a bronzer I'm wondering do I need anymore bronzers I still have not order the hourglass ones