(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

SandraVB79

What is the difference between a highlighter and MAC beauty powder? I know I have already asked this question (probably in another thread) but it's still not clear to me.
Some beauty powders have light shimmer and a light tint so they can be used as a finishing product like guerlains meteorites, the ones with more shimmer are much more subtle than say a mineralized skinfinish or edsf for that matter. I prefer beauty powders as they haven't any big shimmer particles for day time and blend like a dream on my skin, for the more apparent or night out i go for a highlighter thats stronger more obvious.i hope it helps you:bouquet:
Thanks!
  Those are pretty! But I just can't get into Guerlain - they are such beautiful products I know I would never use them! I would just stare at them! LOL Maybe one day when I have a prettier makeup setup, I can get some stuff to just have for display (aka buy all the Guerlain things)
   :haha:  [COLOR=0000FF]I hear you---I FORCE myself to use EVERYTHING because something else pretty always comes along, and I want to make sure I have room for it.  I used some of[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]     my meteorites today. [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] They're fun and it feels luxurious just putting them on.[/COLOR]
I only have the pearl blush and the meteorite compact from this Spring collection, but love using them. The meteorite baby glow and the joli teint foundations are favourites. not a highlighter issue, but yesterday I tried to use my MAC Toledo blush (ripe peach). I don't have MAC brushes, but I used a Jane Iredale one, Helena rubinstein, MUD, Bobbi brown and dior one (all full size, not those tiny ones), and none of them could pick up the powder. And yes, I did take off that plastic thingy to protect the powder, lol. Even with my finger it was nearly impossible to pick up the powder. Really disappointed in that.

montREALady

Um I just swatched LM Indiscretion at Sephora and I love it! Omggggg. They have 4. If there's one still here on Friday I may just have to get it...

DILLIGAF

Even with my finger it was nearly impossible to pick up the powder. Really disappointed in that.
There has been a issue with some of the blushes having a film on top of it. You may have to scratch the surface of the blush to get under the film.

Medgal07

really? I need to check it out.
yes.gif
Swirling the two shades together, I use it as a finishing powder and it gives the prettiest soft look.

Medgal07

Even with my finger it was nearly impossible to pick up the powder. Really disappointed in that.
I don't have that one---haven't purchased MAC in a while but I've heard that some of those blushes have a film over them and need to be gently scraped to get the
product to move. Once you are able to get it from the compact, to your brush and finally to your face, the blush is really pretty special.

Medgal07

Young Wild and Polished has posted a video of 11 of the new highlighters. I can see atleast 4 that I want.
Dilli, her reactions were PRICELESS!!!! I was thoroughly entertained! I would be interested if the highlighters were powders, although admittedly, they were really pretty.
Thanks for sharing that video.

mkoparanova

I had the same issue with Azalea blossom. I tried with different brushes and my finger too and they didn't pick up anything, the surface even looked shiny! I had some problems at that time and I couldn't deal with CS and returns, so I removed the top layer with tape - I can use it now and it's quite pigmented.

SandraVB79

Thanks for the help on the MAC blush. I once had that with a jane iredale mattifying powder. the store I got it from, took it back because apparantly the only way to get the product wa sto use sand paper, lol.

jaymuse

I once had that with a jane iredale mattifying powder. the store I got it from, took it back because apparantly the only way to get the product wa sto use sand paper, lol.
Sand paper!???!! That's wayyy too extreme! They should do a batch recall or something - that's ridiculous!

DILLIGAF

Sand paper!???!! That's wayyy too extreme! They should do a batch recall or something - that's ridiculous!
Nope It was pretty hit and miss with those blushes. However I've heard that the once the film is off you don't have to keep doing it.

SandraVB79

With the Jane iredale powder, the trick was to each time grate some product with sandpaper, lol. I was glad they took it back. I love all the other Jane Iredale products though. I ordered my MAC online, but think i will take it to a store so they can solve the issue. I'm not handy, I doubt the tape-trick will end well :-/

Medgal07

I had the same issue with Azalea blossom. I tried with different brushes and my finger too and they didn't pick up anything, the surface even looked shiny! I had some problems at that time and I couldn't deal with CS and returns, so I removed the top layer with tape - I can use it now and it's quite pigmented.
That was a good idea, but one shouldn't have to resort to such measures to make a product work. I love Azalea Blossom though!!!