(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

msvluvsmac

Has anyone used the Urban Decay face/body Illuminator before? I may try the new one that's coming out with the holiday collection. Temptalia has pictures/swatches up for the illuminator and the shadow palettes.

jenise

Has anyone used the Urban Decay face/body Illuminator before? I may try the new one that's coming out with the holiday collection. Temptalia has pictures/swatches up for the illuminator and the shadow palettes.
They're very glittery- like they actually contain glitter particles and not just a sheen which Is why I have never purchased any!

Medgal07

How expensive on Ebay? It retailed for about $72, so if it's a little over that, maybe it's not such a bad deal? Cause you would have had to add taxes to that too. Am I helping justify it yet?
....and in many instances shipping is FREE
th_DANCE.gif

Medgal07

I just saw a new one on T---a compact-----it was just meh-----but that could just be me---I'm on highlighter overload.

stephshopaholic

I actually really like them but they are really glittery if you love being sparkly check them out ,if not, stay away lol but I love being sparkly.

jaymuse

Has any of you lovely ladies every purchased highlighters from this seller on Etsy called, BeautyBarBaby? (https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/BeautyBarBaby) Her highlighters look gorgeous but I wanted to know if you guys every purchased from her and if so, what was the quality like?
I have their store favorited on Etsy, but I've never ordered from them before.

You might want to check out some of their reviews on Etsy before you purchase

msvluvsmac

They're very glittery- like they actually contain glitter particles and not just a sheen which Is why I have never purchased any!
  [COLOR=0000FF] I just saw a new one on T---a compact-----it was just meh-----but that could just be me---I'm on highlighter overload.[/COLOR]
I actually really like them but they are really glittery if you love being sparkly check them out ,if not, stay away lol but I love being sparkly.
Thanks ladies! I'm not into glitter so I'll definitely skip.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I just received my second Looxi Beauty order today! The quick overview is that I am pleasantly surprised with Foxy (which I purchased because it was going to be/has been discontinued as of the 1st). It swatched very silvery but is nice and subtle on. And Posh, OMG! This one I was so afraid of purchasing but I'm glad I did. It doesn't really have a base color, it's like pure iridescent white gold (kind of like MAC's Vanilla Pigment but softer) so it can be layered over anything. It is so pretty and unique in my collection. I also got Divine (still need to play around with that one) and my replacement Ever After was in the bunch. I definitely prefer the original to my Frankenstein's monster (there isn't a huge difference but I added too much Viz a Violet I think).

Now I need to gift someone my re-pressed powders but I feel like my friends would side-eye them, lol. I'm going to try anyway. I hate to have to toss or just stow away a perfectly good product.

Broken Highlighter Update:
Jenna (the owner/creator of Bitter Lace) got back to me (I sent a follow-up email yesterday and apparently she never received the first email) and she is shipping out a new highlighter for me. Yay! I'm happy it wasn't a customer service issue because the highlighters I bought from her are really beautiful (and who else is making teal and violet highlighters?!). I hope she expands the range soon.

Monsy

save your money
I have one and it has only huge glitter that migrates all over the face

and this is coming from someone who loves glitter/shimmer

this is my swatch

VioletSparkles

save your money
I have one and it has only huge glitter that migrates all over the face

and this is coming from someone who loves glitter/shimmer

this is my swatch

Thanks for this!
flower.gif
I am not a fan of glitter/visible sparkle particles in my highlighters either. I love sparkle for the eyes, lips and nails, but for my cheeks I only want a "glow" with a nice luminous sheen, no shimmer/sparkle.

Medgal07

I just received my second Looxi Beauty order today! The quick overview is that I am pleasantly surprised with Foxy (which I purchased because it was going to be/has been discontinued as of the 1st). It swatched very silvery but is nice and subtle on. And Posh, OMG! This one I was so afraid of purchasing but I'm glad I did. It doesn't really have a base color, it's like pure iridescent white gold (kind of like MAC's Vanilla Pigment but softer) so it can be layered over anything. It is so pretty and unique in my collection. I also got Divine (still need to play around with that one) and my replacement Ever After was in the bunch. I definitely prefer the original to my Frankenstein's monster (there isn't a huge difference but I added too much Viz a Violet I think).

Now I need to gift someone my re-pressed powders but I feel like my friends would side-eye them, lol. I'm going to try anyway. I hate to have to toss or just stow away a perfectly good product.

Broken Highlighter Update:
Jenna (the owner/creator of Bitter Lace) got back to me (I sent a follow-up email yesterday and apparently she never received the first email) and she is shipping out a new highlighter for me. Yay! I'm happy it wasn't a customer service issue because the highlighters I bought from her are really beautiful (and who else is making teal and violet highlighters?!). I hope she expands the range soon.
Glad it worked out
th_DANCE.gif

jenise

Cross posting here:
841d9cc5_image.jpeg
anastasia's peach nectar, so hollywood, & riviera! I love these!! I love the formula, don't find them overly metallic at all & the colors look distinctively different on my skintone (around nc30)